Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
View Poll Results: Does RCG Need a Kits For Sale Classifieds?
Yes 69 81.18%
No 16 18.82%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Aug 07, 2014, 02:03 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojoe View Post
This kit section idea just pi$$e$ me off to no end. I can't believe so many non kit builders keep pushing so hard to shut this idea down every time it is brought up! How can it possibly hurt them? A lot of my time on RCG is spent sifting through all of the ARF "kit" posts trying to find a REAL kit to buy. If you aren't interested in the extreme satisfaction that comes from actually building what you fly that's fine. Shut up and let those of us that do have an area to look for what WE want.

Joe
I hear you Joe. And sadly there are people who just want to RCG to be how they want it to be no matter how it helps or hinders other people. They haunt the new forum requests section and try to shoot down any new idea that comes along. It's really sad to see. I guess it must be some kind of control thing.

I saw this a number of times when trying to set up new forums. Getting the balsa builders forum approved was exceptionally ugly. A few kept fighting to not let it happen even though they have zero interest in balsa kits or even building for that matter. RCG seems to be their hobby rather than model aviation.

If we feel that we can get a kits section approved and can deal with the animosity that it always brings on I can start the process.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Who Appreciates Your Work?
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2014, 03:31 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,923 Posts
And some of us still think it's a bad idea, Frank, even though we visit it daily. I am still 100% behind UNITING builders vs. dividing them, as we see here.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 10, 2014, 12:32 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,884 Posts
Just saw this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2058006

Looks like the rules are different for the classifieds section for new forum requests.

Sorry gents, but anyone wanting a new classifieds section for kits is out of luck. Anyone that is been around here for a while will know why and no explanation is necessary.

This is probably a blessing in disguise. I still have a guy following me around RCG and harassing me over helping getting this forum up and running. Sadly, ignoring him does not good.

Might as well close this thread now since there is no use discussing this any longer.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Murocflyer; Aug 10, 2014 at 01:55 PM.
Closed Thread