HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:03 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Discussion
3dhs & extreme-flight & sebart

at pilots who have flown planes from the two or even the three of thouse manufactors: can you do a bit of comparison in flight characteristics?
(think the quality of the kit is no question because they are about equal)

circle of discussed planes should be : (as i think they are the cream of them)
sebart sukhoi
3dhs extra sc / slick
ef extra / edge

flown the sukhoi and the ef edge so far, both floaty and good overall, but both act pretty lazy.
want to go the direction of more violence with still very good precision.
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2011, 05:29 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,394 Posts
...oh boy, not another one of these threads. if youve flown two of them and dont like them, why not try the third? ive flown all three, i prefer 3dhs, then sebart. The 3dhs planes will 3D better than the sebart, but its very hard to beat how precise the sebart planes are (and they should be, since silvestri was a world champion f3a pilot). in the us the sebart kits are VERY expensive, so its been a while since ive owned one.
rcbirk21 is online now Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Dec 30, 2011, 05:51 PM
TEAM EXTREME / HORIZON HOBBY
United States, NJ, Tuckerton
Joined Oct 2006
601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by long leng View Post
at pilots who have flown planes from the two or even the three of thouse manufactors: can you do a bit of comparison in flight characteristics?
(think the quality of the kit is no question because they are about equal)

circle of discussed planes should be : (as i think they are the cream of them)
sebart sukhoi
3dhs extra sc / slick
ef extra / edge

flown the sukhoi and the ef edge so far, both floaty and good overall, but both act pretty lazy.
What size planes are you talking about? All these companies have these planes in different sizes. I'm surprized you feel the E.F. Edge is lazy, you must be one heck of a pilot, or maybe you tried someone's who didn't have it set up right? I've seen the Sukhoi fly in person and it didn't look lazy at all either, strange.
mxcop is offline Find More Posts by mxcop
Last edited by mxcop; Dec 30, 2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 05:58 PM
JKasprak
Fayetteville, NC 28304
Joined Jan 2010
807 Posts
tastes great ... no less filling ... Seriously, I agree with Mxcop abou the set on the planes you've flown. The equipment choices can really have a big impact.
propchief is online now Find More Posts by propchief
Old Dec 30, 2011, 06:08 PM
TEAM EXTREME / HORIZON HOBBY
United States, NJ, Tuckerton
Joined Oct 2006
601 Posts
Ok I'm confused, I just looked at you profile and checked out threads that you've posted in prior to this one. The reason why I did this was because I remembered you from posting in a previous discussion. You have posted numerous times that you own and have owned all these planes, from all the big companies, including E.F. Extras and Edges, so why are you looking for comparison if you already know how they fly and have come to the conclusion that the GB model MX2 flies the best? Here's a post from you on December 2, 2011:

"i have them all....3dhs, ef, sebart, krill, pa, gb. (multiple of all of them)
pa is the easiest to fly. all others do perform better in allround.
if i got to choose a best one in the 50 size, its clearly the gb mx2.

(btw my vote for the biggest troll goes to "the km") "

I'm just confused, maybe this is just innocent but considering your experience with all these planes shouldn't you be telling us how they compare?
mxcop is offline Find More Posts by mxcop
Last edited by mxcop; Dec 30, 2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 10:06 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
lol, how dumb to get caught with own written evidence
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:21 PM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxcop View Post
Ok I'm confused, I just looked at you profile and checked out threads that you've posted in prior to this one. The reason why I did this was because I remembered you from posting in a previous discussion. You have posted numerous times that you own and have owned all these planes, from all the big companies, including E.F. Extras and Edges, so why are you looking for comparison if you already know how they fly and have come to the conclusion that the GB model MX2 flies the best? Here's a post from you on December 2, 2011:

"i have them all....3dhs, ef, sebart, krill, pa, gb. (multiple of all of them)
pa is the easiest to fly. all others do perform better in allround.
if i got to choose a best one in the 50 size, its clearly the gb mx2.

(btw my vote for the biggest troll goes to "the km") "

I'm just confused, maybe this is just innocent but considering your experience with all these planes shouldn't you be telling us how they compare?
If I recall correctly, I thought that long leng was a bit of a PA fan. I've owned quite a few PA planes and sold most of them because I find that EF and 3DHS planes suit me better as I like hardcore brutal flying. I find it surprising that he says the EF Edge is lazy, since mine is a 3D animal . It sounds like his one wasn't setup correctly. My EF Edge, Extra and MXS EXP 48" planes are hands-down more violent than the PA Katana MD and PA Extra 260. My most violent plane is perhaps my 3DHS VR-1 but the EF 48" MXS is pretty similar and I prefer the feel of the EF MXS overall. My 3DHS 48" Super Vyper is surprisingly violent as I didn't expect such aggressive flight behaviour from a plane that on appearance alone doesn't look much different to my 3DHS 46" Vyper.

P.S. He called "the KM" a troll? Seriously? I find that the KM offers a more neutral point of view than quite a few of the team pilots around here, with the PA team pilots offering the most biased views IMHO.
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:33 PM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by long leng View Post
.....flown the sukhoi and the ef edge so far, both floaty and good overall, but both act pretty lazy.
You need (first choice) a Slick and (second choice) 3dhs Extra 330. Violence and precision are what you wanted and that's what you will get.
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:20 AM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
ok, thx for the answers and sorry if i made confusion.
the tread was supposed to be about the mentioned planes and not about me.
then again, i want to give a reply.

Quote:
oh boy, not another one of these threads
right, not one of these fighting treads between fans of manufactor x versus z.
myself i love all thouse brands. its obvious that behind all thouse manufactors is a man and a team behind with a big vision and hard work. wheather its ben, chris, sebastiano, shaun, gernot or ivo, respect to all of them and i would trade my job with any of them. doesnt mean that we have to like every single product of them.
what i want to discuss about is the flight characteristics.

Quote:
What size planes are you talking about?
well, one of the great part (and one of the reason that they are on the list) about the listet planes is, that they are available in many sizes. makes no sens to compare a 40inch against a 90inch, then again some have flown one model in various sizes and can handle that fact.

Quote:
I'm surprized you feel the E.F. Edge is lazy, you must be one heck of a pilot, or maybe you tried someone's who didn't have it set up right? I've seen the Sukhoi fly in person and it didn't look lazy at all either, strange.
i feel great when i fly and doing crazy things, my level is somewhere in nonsense-3d.
and yes, setting up the plane right is a weak part of me. however, i call the sukhoi and the edge lazy cause i find the rolling rate is not very fast. a bruckmann yak or a krill thunder is lightening fast against, the ef extra is faster too. dont worry , nothing wrong with the edge, great plane, very floaty and top slow 3d. thats the point, i m not speaking about the level of thouse planes (as they are all top level), the different flight characteristic is the goal.

Quote:
hmmm yes. some of them planes i have flown a lot, some just a little and some are still in the process of building. anyhow, i cant give serious statements about all.

I
Quote:
f I recall correctly, I thought that long leng was a bit of a PA fan. I've owned quite a few PA planes and sold most of them because I find that EF and 3DHS planes suit me better as I like hardcore brutal flying. I find it surprising that he says the EF Edge is lazy, since mine is a 3D animal . It sounds like his one wasn't setup correctly. My EF Edge, Extra and MXS EXP 48" planes are hands-down more violent than the PA Katana MD and PA Extra 260. My most violent plane is perhaps my 3DHS VR-1 but the EF 48" MXS is pretty similar and I prefer the feel of the EF MXS overall. My 3DHS 48" Super Vyper is surprisingly violent as I didn't expect such aggressive flight behaviour from a plane that on appearance alone doesn't look much different to my 3DHS 46" Vyper.

P.S. He called "the KM" a troll? Seriously? I find that the KM offers a more neutral point of view than quite a few of the team pilots around here, with the PA team pilots offering the most biased views IMHO.
yes, i do like the pa planes. first of all i have started to fly with them. apart of this, like them or not, they are special...really downweighted to max. as you, looking for more violence, i started to go other brands. i would call myself a planelover, no matter who the producer is.
interesting about the vr-1 and the viper.
waiting for a distributer in europe.
"the km" is an interesting person of gret knowledge, sometimes i just fly through the treads, but when i see his name, i start to read. i voted for him like this, cause he spend a lot of energy to mob some strange person instead of just doing something else. i think i didnt bless him (as he is calling people trolls), still, by now, i would rather explain than insult.
my longest post ever, i feel completly uncool
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:23 AM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE Spin View Post
You need (first choice) a Slick and (second choice) 3dhs Extra 330. Violence and precision are what you wanted and that's what you will get.
cool, wich of the two is more violent?
i have a 51 slick
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:52 AM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,693 Posts
My vote is for the Slick.
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:54 AM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
thx, will reactivate it. wasnt ready for it the time i bought it.
Old Jan 02, 2012, 11:57 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,720 Posts
I personally want to try the slick! Just have not got around to it yet....

But I am surprised you think the 48" Edge EXP has a slow roll rate.... I find mine to be blisteringly fast
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Jan 02, 2012, 01:07 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
its the 60 edge.
possible that my servos are too weak (graupner des 678)
http://www.hoelleinshop.com/e-vendo....32%26p%3D33332
a man in the german forum has hitec 5245 in it and found it slow rolling too.
would like to try it with futaba bls 551, not fancy at the moment to enlarge the wholes.
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:00 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
uuuu just seen tom k. s video of the edge. well that didnt fly lazy. might be a question of the setup indeed.