Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:53 AM
Germany, NRW, Langenfeld
Joined Oct 2011
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedfish View Post
I flew a few flights today in some grey weather. It was hard to make out the color of the arms and I almost lost my orientation a few times. I really need to add some LED's for the purpose of telling orientation. What are others doing about this?
I always have used LED stripes at the front arms (even stripes with so-called high power LEDs), but depending on the weather wasn't happy with the visuability. Now I bought some of these high power LEDs:
http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/1...HOP_AREA_26436

Really expensive, but for me they're worth every penny! I've fixed them at the front arms and now my copter is looking like a plane approaching for a landing. I can see the copter even when it's far away, in sunshine or grey weather - great!
ralfrcgroups is offline Find More Posts by ralfrcgroups
Last edited by ralfrcgroups; Jan 08, 2013 at 03:00 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:55 AM
United Kingdom, Norwich
Joined Jun 2004
449 Posts
Quote:
I flew a few flights today in some grey weather. It was hard to make out the color of the arms and I almost lost my orientation a few times. I really need to add some LED's for the purpose of telling orientation. What are others doing about this?
Adding coloured LED strips (say red port/ green starbord) to the arms will still only help orientation when the copter is fairly close, even the bright LED's are soon lost from sight. I find the best solution is to have a couple of high power LED white 'headlights' (the type on heatsinks) run from a current limited source ideally. These can be seen from a very long distance when the craft is rotated, to determine the front (or back if desired).

Best way is to use, and get used to using the Course Lock and Home Lock Naza functions.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/1w-high-powe...ith-pcb-511367
jetstuff is offline Find More Posts by jetstuff
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jetstuff; Jan 08, 2013 at 03:02 AM. Reason: SNAP Ralf!
Old Jan 08, 2013, 03:02 AM
Germany, NRW, Langenfeld
Joined Oct 2011
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstuff View Post
I find the best solution is to have a couple of high power LED white 'headlights' (the type on heatsinks) run from a current limited source ideally. These can be seen from a very long distance when the craft is rotated, to determine the front (or back if desired).
Have a look at the ones I've mentioned before.
Which ones do you use - do you have a link? Perhaps they're less expensive...
ralfrcgroups is offline Find More Posts by ralfrcgroups
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:37 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, The Hague
Joined Mar 2012
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4it View Post
For big aircraft that is larger than 650 or with heavy load, WKM is recommended

Statement direct from the manual-----WHY

Im not 100% agree

I order S800 and the WKM is DOA ..and I have to send back the WKM system ..
when I'm waiting the replacement I put my NAZA-M on S800 and the machine can fly stable even I put my Nex5 + zenmuse on it ..

cheers

Indra
indra9110 is offline Find More Posts by indra9110
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:06 AM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
969 Posts
teopbako is offline Find More Posts by teopbako
Last edited by teopbako; Jan 09, 2013 at 02:48 AM.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:33 AM
NoLgs2StngArmsBigHeart!
USA, TX, Kilgore
Joined Apr 2010
601 Posts
Ikarus.....Remember, these People are trying to help! I think if you don't want their help...GO SOMEWHERE ELSE or figure it out on your OWN!....JJ
JJtr1954 is offline Find More Posts by JJtr1954
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:38 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teopbako View Post
Just fitted the FC with the provided sticky foam tape and tried my Quad.
As expected it didn't fix the backward drifting problem!!!
So if you don't know what you are talking about please STFU as you are not helping anyone that way.
Speculations are not solving problems.
Cheers
Dont pick on TJ like that! LOL
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:03 AM
Flying R/C since 1964
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2004
3,462 Posts
Quote:

I bought 5m of ribbon LEDs from Amazon for around $10. Less than the hobby store was charging for 1m of the exact same stuff. Runs off 12V.

I have white on the front and red/green on the back arms.
kallend is offline Find More Posts by kallend
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:12 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teopbako View Post
Just fitted the FC with the provided sticky foam tape and tried my Quad.
So if you don't know what you are talking about please STFU as you are not helping anyone that way.
Cheers
I will fully refund the money you spent here. Have a good day and I hope you find help elsewhere.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:25 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,639 Posts
Thanks, Guys...

Enough said...
T J Gilbert is online now Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: BMPCC/Z15 Transport
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:31 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,430 Posts
I just went though this on the OP thread. I don't want my experience there to bleed over to here. Those guys have a bad attitude; I am willing to help even the helpless. Teopbako, please PM me to see if I can help you. But please don't say STFU to any member here when they are trying to help you. We are a user friendly group here.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:44 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,956 Posts
Quote:
Helping solve the various problems that people report from a remote location is very difficult. Speculation is an essential part of the proceedure. Basically when one member of this group reports a problem looking for help, other members "speculate" or "guess" what the problem might be. It is then up to the person with the problem to determine if that "speculation" has merit. It is sometimes a long process of elimination. Basically that is how difficult problems are solved; guess what the problem might be and try a solution. If it doesn't work, repeat the process.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:50 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,956 Posts
Quote:
Here is another "speculation" .

A. Use your controls to hold it where you want it for a couple of minutes and see if it "learns" to stay there.

B. Or try landing and repowering the machine.

One of both of these approaches have solved the problem for some people, including myself. It may not solve them in this case.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:50 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
Helping solve the various problems that people report from a remote location is very difficult. Speculation is an essential part of the proceedure. Basically when one member of this group reports a problem looking for help, other members "speculate" or "guess" what the problem might be. It is then up to the person with the problem to determine if that "speculation" has merit. It is sometimes a long process of elimination. Basically that is how difficult problems are solved; guess what the problem might be and try a solution. If it doesn't work, repeat the process.
Speculate/guess based on the knowledge we have gained helping others... which by the way has come from over 1,200 combined posts from TJ and I in this ONE thread alone (TJ has 800+).
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:51 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
" Speculation" seems to be a word used often in RC stuff!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)