to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2014, 07:03 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DNater View Post
Happy fathers day everyone. Happy bday plow.

The cooler worked pretty well last night. This one is pretty small and easy to move and blew pretty cold. I think its going to be a winner and really help out on those hot evenings when I am working on pronects in the garage. It was only $159. An AC unit with the same capacity is like $400.
They will <if not arranged correctly> raise the humidity in the area used. Nearest I can tell, Humidity in Utah doesn't stand a chance against the dry.

Swamp Heater....Fill the swamp cooler with Hot water... done!

Really nice day, got 3 flights on the Wild Tiger.... I have a Sullivan Seamless 4 ounce tanks, its soft and clear, very light. With the rubber band on it, is it reduced to like 3 ounces capacity and 5 minute flight. I stuck a 6 ounce tank on it, little heavier and doesn't crush.... Same 5 minute timer and I have half a tank. Sorta supports the 3 ounce rule. New tank is heavier and more full is heavier, this is affecting the hover.... Need a better solution... Filling the tank about half is not the answer.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jun 15, 2014, 09:03 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Swamp coolers have been around a long time, that's what caused legionnaires disease. Watch out for bird poop!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jun 15, 2014, 09:11 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,170 Posts
http://www.rcstars.org/rally-14.html

Ride in a Steerman... My sort of RC event.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jun 15, 2014, 09:14 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,841 Posts
Happy fathers day guys

Happy b day plow
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:39 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,589 Posts
Hap-a-Hap-a-Happy Birthday Plow And all you fathers out there, hope you been having a gread father's day.
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:55 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Happy Fathers Day guys....

Well, got the engine failure figured out today.... Was not the fuel pump... it was oil injection contamination....
the story: once upon a time the I would check everything I put in my plane... This time I added oil that was given to me in a gallon jug, unsealed and unlabeled. I checked a small sample, it looked good. Guess what, it was contaminated with anti-freeze. It wasn't getting enough oil for hi power settings.
Cleaned and flushed oil tank, all temps and rpms good again... doesn't appear to have any piston or cylinder damage... tied it down ran at full power on the ground for 3- 20/30 min cycles, no over heating, squeeks, rattles or unusual actions.
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:11 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,841 Posts
Contaminated with antifreeze Is that a normal tradition in your parts to mix antifreeze and oil Glad you figured it out and things seem to be back on track

So T-15 is that Days until your b-day Dad or was that hours and Now we say Happy B-day to you as well

Oh I got to drive this to go get a pizza yesterday LOL
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:44 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,100 Posts
Waldo, what is that? Why is it so low to the ground? Does it go fast or is it one of those that just look fast? You're not thinking of downgrading to that from your van??!! You couldn't haul my pico tiger moth in that thing? Does it have a seat lift to lift your arse out of it? Who's the model next to it?

Winds might calm down today.......it's supposed to warm up.......I might get to fly even!!!

Kerwin.........he's been flyin' and crashin'......he wanted me to tell y'all that..
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:38 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,948 Posts
Last night I fired up the swamp cooler and did some covering patches and did one side of the new hinges for the broken aileron. That included quite a bit of work. Ran out of time and energy to get any further than that.

Daniel, glad to hear you got your giant scale engine working right again
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:56 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,100 Posts
Nate, don't you have an air-conditioned workshop to work in? The whole swamp-cooler thing sounds so........so unrefined! Like it would attract mosquitoes or something. How's the job hunting going........??? Keep us posted.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jun 16, 2014, 01:34 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,841 Posts
No Snowman I'm not going from the van to the Vette LOL
You met that model Live
It goes very Fast

How this is all I can imagine when I hear swamp cooler LOL
Old Jun 16, 2014, 01:41 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Nate, don't you have an air-conditioned workshop to work in? The whole swamp-cooler thing sounds so........so unrefined! Like it would attract mosquitoes or something. How's the job hunting going........??? Keep us posted.
Haha... you make me laugh Air-conditioned workshop!!! that would be the life for sure. No, unfortunately I just work on my projects in the garage where it is around 100 degrees from 10:00 AM until probably 2 or 3 AM. The swamp cooler is awesome. It has totally changed my life... I used to go out there and sweat for an hour or two or find a way to bring my projects inside. The problem with bringing them in is that I enjoy the alone time... kind of like sanctuary while I work on planes. I love the kids, but sometimes I just need a break from the noise!

Now I can sit out there with cool air blowing right on me and I'm as comfortable as can be.

Here is a link to the cooler I bought.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_381374-19012...ler&facetInfo=
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:17 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,841 Posts
How did this humidifier looking thing get the name swamp cooler lol
Regardless glad it's working for you
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:39 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
How did this humidifier looking thing get the name swamp cooler lol
Regardless glad it's working for you
It is an evaporative cooler. It will definitely humidify if you use it wrong. You have to vent the room. I open the garage door a crack and the door at the back a crack as well.

As far as where it got the name... I have no idea. It probably wouldn't work too good in NY where you live as you have much higher humidity. Our humidity is very low as we live in the desert. Death Valley CA (hottest place in the US) is only three or so hours away from here.

St. George is a cool place because of the varying climates within an easy drive. I can be in the mountains around 10,000 Ft ASL in about an hour, in Las Vegas in 1.5 hours, Lake Powell (legendary water skiing/wakeboarding not to mention the scenery) in about 2.5 hours. You could go snow skiing and water skiing the same day