New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:53 AM
Find More Posts by CADQuad
Joined Oct 2014
11 Posts
Discussion
Which Firmware for X-Quad with KK v5.5 board?

Hi folks,

I've just ordered a 450 Flamewheel quad kit on eBay, along with an FRSky FS-TH9X-B tx/R8B rx combo . This will be my first "real" quad, as my should-have-kept-it-indoors Blade 180QX just blew away in a stiff breeze ().

The kit is coming with a KK v5.5 board v2.3 with firmware loader (usb dongle).

I'm working on understanding the KK board before it arrives on my doorstep so I'm ready to go when the build begins, I've downloaded the KKMulticopter Flash Tool software, which is going tor un on a Linux Mint 17 desktop system, but am not quite sure which board/firmware settings to go with.

Am I good with these selections?:

KK Blackboard 328P (32k flash) controller
XCopter v4.7 KK by kapteinkuk firmware

The above controller selection is a best guess based on what I've figured out so far (I hope!). FW choice based mostly on the latest version n umber in the list. If there are better/more suitable selections, could someone let me know? Thanks.

Part of me is debating buying a Multiwii board to sue instead - after having my 180QX wander off into the autumn winds, a GPS with RTH feature is looking quite attractive! Unless there's a way to connect GPS to the KK??

Thanks in advance for the advice and direction I'm sure will come.
CADQuad is offline Find More Posts by CADQuad
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2014, 05:59 PM
Joined Oct 2014
11 Posts
I think I answered one of my own questions - the KK 5.5, I beleive, corresponds to the KK Blackboard 168/PA (16kb flash) controller model in the KK FlashTool software.

Still think the XCopter v4.7 is the FW to go with....?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:22 AM
Find More Posts by Camelboy
Prog Rocker
Down South
Joined Jul 2009
355 Posts
I use Minsoo Kim, and it works well for me. Always had a tough time with 4.7., yes, it is a blackboard 168/pa
Camelboy is offline Find More Posts by Camelboy
Last edited by Camelboy; Oct 31, 2014 at 12:24 AM. Reason: more text
Old Nov 04, 2014, 12:39 PM
Joined Oct 2014
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
I use Minsoo Kim, and it works well for me. Always had a tough time with 4.7., yes, it is a blackboard 168/pa
Thanks for the tip, and the clarification, Camelboy. I was losing hope for an intelligent reply here!
Old Nov 08, 2014, 12:41 AM
Find More Posts by Camelboy
Prog Rocker
Down South
Joined Jul 2009
355 Posts
Yw.
Camelboy is offline Find More Posts by Camelboy
Old May 03, 2015, 08:16 AM
Find More Posts by BenShamblin
Addicted to Quadcopters