SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:18 PM
Find More Posts by Pedro147
Australia, ACT, Narrabundah
Joined Jan 2015
100 Posts
Jim - I certainly am no expert only been using Deviation for two days but can't you just copy the model files as text files and if you ever need them just put them back into the relevant folder in the Devo files?
Pedro147 is offline Find More Posts by Pedro147
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:42 AM
Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Apr 2012
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw1956 View Post
I have the 7e and am trying to backup models to my computer. I go through the steps to the letter and when I get to the "upload" button I get an Unexpected error message. Anyone else have this problem? I am using a regular usb cable, not the one that came with the radio, which I don't have.
What is your source, where are you getting your steps from?
Jon.M.Barter is online now Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:13 AM
Find More Posts by Daryoon
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
7,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw1956 View Post
I have the 7e and am trying to backup models to my computer. I go through the steps to the letter and when I get to the "upload" button I get an Unexpected error message. Anyone else have this problem? I am using a regular usb cable, not the one that came with the radio, which I don't have.

Yes, share for details so we can help you. Sounds like you are trying to use the firmware upload app (Dfuse) to back up your model.

That would be the wrong way to go about it.

Put your Devo into USB mode by holding the ENT button as you turn on your radio. The LCD will have a USB graphics and your computer will see the Devo as simply a drive.

(You should already be familiar with the above steps as they were necessary to install Deviation in the first place. )

Once your computer see your radio. Open up that drive. Go to your /models folder. And simply copy those text file to your safe, backup location.

Thanks all there is to it. You can even copy all the files in the Devo file system and essentially have a backup of everything there.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Apr 24, 2015, 01:30 PM
Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Apr 2012
458 Posts
Devo 7e w/ modules for sale - FYI guys
Jon.M.Barter is online now Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter