New Products Flash Sale
Old May 04, 2015, 02:37 AM
Find More Posts by sheriffjohn
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2012
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtfly View Post
Will do for sure... but there may be a little delay. I don't want to risk flying again just yet until I add something to help with orientation. I had everything dialed in perfectly last flight and was starting to get really comfortable with basic aerobatics... But for some reason I'm having the hardest time with this one keeping my sight lines. When the sun hits she turns to shadows. I've adjusted my flying style -- adding wing movements to keep orientation - but it limits me doing banking dives (which I love) and when I lose it - it scares the crap out of me Are invasion stripes to the topside wings the best way to go? I looked through the thread attachments and I see many have done this.
I still loose orientation. The more you fly doesn't mean that you will always be able to see it. What you have to learn is confidence. You have the plane in a left hand bank then the plane gets in front of a cloud, you loose orientation, it doesn't mean that the plane is doing anything different. It's still in the left hand bank. Trust yourself, don't move the sticks, let the plane fly through and you will regain sight. Just takes practice.

SJ
sheriffjohn is offline Find More Posts by sheriffjohn
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2015, 03:27 AM
Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
10,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtfly View Post
Will do for sure... but there may be a little delay. I don't want to risk flying again just yet until I add something to help with orientation. I had everything dialed in perfectly last flight and was starting to get really comfortable with basic aerobatics... But for some reason I'm having the hardest time with this one keeping my sight lines. When the sun hits she turns to shadows. I've adjusted my flying style -- adding wing movements to keep orientation - but it limits me doing banking dives (which I love) and when I lose it - it scares the crap out of me Are invasion stripes to the topside wings the best way to go? I looked through the thread attachments and I see many have done this.
I have no issues with mine. If I do take my beloved Jug in Stock form to the field and its overcast or with misty morning (high mist), I put on my.....

PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2015, 04:56 AM
Find More Posts by mtfly
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Feb 2013
392 Posts
Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriffjohn View Post
I still loose orientation. The more you fly doesn't mean that you will always be able to see it. What you have to learn is confidence. You have the plane in a left hand bank then the plane gets in front of a cloud, you loose orientation, it doesn't mean that the plane is doing anything different. It's still in the left hand bank. Trust yourself, don't move the sticks, let the plane fly through and you will regain sight. Just takes practice.

SJ
Thanks. I would hate to add invasion stripes if it doesn't help with sight. Yes -- for sure -- trusting my line is the key and it's what I've been doing. I keep lots of altitude as well. I just worry it will happen when I'm lower on approach. (But with gear down it's easy to see) I don't have much orientation trouble on any of my other planes (dozens). My field has no real background trees for contrast and the Jug's silver color combined with the elliptical wing shape are my issues. I have sunglasses but will experiment with other lenses to see if it helps.
mtfly is online now Find More Posts by mtfly