FMS Butterfly Review
Material: EPS Foam
Flying Weight: 37g
Motor: 7mm coreless 0716
Battery: 3.7v 180mah (common size)
The FMS Butterfly is a small ultra lightweight RTF rc airplane suitable for indoor or low wind outdoor flight. Construction is very sturdy and the 7mm motor has a surprising amount of power for effortless loops.
In the box:
- FMS butterfly 3ch rc airplane
- H-4F transmitter 4ch
- 3.7v 180mah battery
- dual usb charger
- spare propeller
- English instruction pamphlet
- sturdy build
- easy to fly in small area such as a back yard
- unexpected power from the 7mm motor
- common battery spec is very easy to find
- very responsive with plenty of throw on low rates
- good flight times, easily 5 min
- this airplane is a blast to fly
- typos on the listing - listed as 4ch but is actually 3ch and 'roll over function' is actually looping capability
- difficult to install landing gear, small needle nosed pliers are a must
The FMS Butterfly is available here.
After a few flights I can say this really is a durable and fun little flyer for relatively calm conditions. Low rates already have quite a bit of throws but high rates are crazy responsive!
So far, the FMS Butterfly has withstood a run-in with a hedge and a large tree. After a harder hit, the motor can move slightly and will start to make a more high pitched sound as it misaligns with the tiny drive gear. Carefully pop it back into the plastic mount and ready to go.
I have a Mini Vapour and this costs less, is larger, faster, and more powerful. In my next flight video I will attempt to capture a double loop. Weather conditions have me temporarily grounded.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Review||Skyartec Butterfly RTF Quadcopter from ParkRCModels.com Review||DismayingObservation||Multirotor Talk||29||Jan 22, 2016 01:24 AM|
|Discussion||Reviews about Skyartec ButterflyS? Please share your experience||ReviewHobby||Mini Multirotors||2||Nov 13, 2014 09:28 AM|
|Discussion||Butterfly X250 Frame Quick Review/Photos||flitelab||Multirotor Talk||25||Jun 25, 2012 09:35 AM|
|Plantraco - FMS simulators for ButterFly||termite||Non R/C Items (FS/W)||4||Feb 18, 2009 05:57 AM|
|Discussion||butterfly tx- using on fms simulator?||Mr. Innocent||Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models||3||Feb 16, 2006 07:17 PM|