HorizonHobby.com Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM
Find More Posts by kozzie
New Zealand, Wellington, Wellington City
Joined Dec 2014
152 Posts
beautiful..

But I am just wondering you must not have such tight FAA restrictions in the US?
Flying after dark, over roads , ski resorts, over people is all prohibited here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA View Post
Finally got some time to put up some recent pics.
Using the technology as it was intended to be used...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2519246

scroll to the bottom please
kozzie is offline Find More Posts by kozzie
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM
DWA
Find More Posts by DWA
DWA
DJI Support
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Dec 2004
14,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsswesley View Post
Well DJI got me again. I had to order six new e600 esc because one of the original styles went bad. Another 135.00 dollars. Why can't DJI make there gear interchangeable. Frustrated right now. DJI in there defense is so easy to set up and use. Idk just hrs to spend so much money when I only needed one ESC.
Sorry to hear that.
DWA is offline Find More Posts by DWA
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM
DWA
Find More Posts by DWA
DWA
DJI Support
Joined Dec 2004
14,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzie View Post
beautiful..

But I am just wondering you must not have such tight FAA restrictions in the US?
Flying after dark, over roads , ski resorts, over people is all prohibited here..
Sorry to hear you are so prohibited. If all we ever did was fly over open fields the pictures would get boring really quick . And no one would pay you.
The way things are going we are all going to be prohibited from flying anywhere. We need to stand up for ourselves.

FYI: I was never flying directly over people.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by DWA; Yesterday at 11:48 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM
Find More Posts by FunN4Lo
Free fall is not free
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Aug 2014
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Dale View Post
Well you are not suppose to crash!! well that is theory!!

Someday I want to be this good!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP26EGKDA8A#t=178
I am building the 4" version of that Armattan. There were some drop down boxes for a few add ons when I ordered. I think I missed pilot skills. Wonder what that costs. I bet its going to be expensive
FunN4Lo is offline Find More Posts by FunN4Lo
Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM
Find More Posts by Newbiedrone
Joined Feb 2016
5 Posts
I have been trolling the forum a bit, as I'm about to start my build on the f550 I noticed a lot of people suggest adding equipment in stages. I'm going to try and get it all up and running at once, any reason that is a bad idea?
Newbiedrone is offline Find More Posts by Newbiedrone
Old Yesterday, 10:45 PM
DWA
Find More Posts by DWA
DWA
DJI Support
Joined Dec 2004
14,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiedrone View Post
I have been trolling the forum a bit, as I'm about to start my build on the f550 I noticed a lot of people suggest adding equipment in stages. I'm going to try and get it all up and running at once, any reason that is a bad idea?
No nothing wrong with that at all. Go for it!
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM
Find More Posts by verticalspark
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiedrone View Post
It's a good idea if you are competent in your abilities. Personally I would get it up and flying before adding all the other gear. It's easy to work out kinks to get it to fly and it's easy to work out the issues with camera gear but not both at the same time.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM
Find More Posts by FunN4Lo
Free fall is not free
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Aug 2014
1,756 Posts
Quote:
What do people think of this receiver antenna setup? Been getting low rssi beeps when only 300 meters out so experimenting..

Olivier is this what you mean by one above the top plate and one below?
Have you tried to use the jumpers and cppm? You could get rid of a bunch of wires.

I fly the x8r, which have pcbs instead of wiskers. They recommend the pcbs in 90 degree V. Thats also the most common set up I see for wiskers, but your set up should be good.

I experimented like crazy with my antenna positions and drastically improved my distance. On Taranis you can put it in "Range Check" mode. It makes it transmit at 1/30th power so you can test set ups in short distances.

I put my quad on a wooden bar stool (no metal) Walk out until you get the RSSI critical (42 for me). Have someone rotate your quad 90 degrees at a time, tilt the quad around a bit also to simulate different orientations. Watch what position is bad, and try to correct placement. Keep in mind the tx antenna position counts also. Conventional wisdom would say your tx antenna should be vertical to match your current rx position, but the conventional wisdom didn't apply to my set up

My set up: Taranis horizontal left, and the x8r on high tech popsicle mounts as pictured
FunN4Lo is offline Find More Posts by FunN4Lo
Old Today, 01:57 AM
Find More Posts by Olivier_C
Since 1902. Maybe.
France, RA, Grenoble
Joined Dec 2004
4,329 Posts
Quote:
just couple of suggestions of medicine to take..

5045 props? 210 frame is the same size I got and takes 5 inch props , in which case id recommend dal v2. And 12A ESc with 2204 ...go for 20amp FVT LittleBee instead?
Was about to comment the same about the ESCS maybe a bit small, in theory 12A should be enough but we all know how these guys rate their components, they are often overly optimitic.
Still I think it sould be enough, but only a live test will tell
Olivier_C is online now Find More Posts by Olivier_C
RCG Plus Member