corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2015, 12:03 AM
Find More Posts by jetspud
shreveport
Joined Oct 2003
125 Posts
Hello ,

I know this is a old thread but had some questions about this awesome bird. Is the wing span larger than what would be scale For a 12 foot length. If it is larger is that for better flight character

Its a awesome bird i have the skymaster T38 and love it but now i want a bigger one.
jetspud is offline Find More Posts by jetspud
Old Aug 05, 2015, 08:16 PM
Find More Posts by corsair nut
fly like an EAGLE ;)
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
25,769 Posts
our wings were exact to the 3 view....now the 3 view may have been wrong ...but thats what we built to
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Aug 17, 2015, 08:29 PM
Find More Posts by Par_18
Joined Dec 2005
547 Posts
I'm repairing an airplane by rebuilding the front half of the fuselage with the same foam used here. I don't think I will need to glass the part I am repairing for strength but I do need to cover it. If I attempt to cover it with monokote, will the foam melt? I would test it out but i'm away for work the whole week. If monokote is not a good option, then is glassing the only option to give the foam some protection against dings, dents, and damage?
Par_18 is offline Find More Posts by Par_18
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:23 AM
Find More Posts by Reco
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,529 Posts
The heat required to melt or shrink monokote or make it tacky or sticky would definitely melt or damage the foam. fiberglass cloth is your best bet if you want to strengthen it or smooth it over for painting
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:10 PM
Find More Posts by awrightbrother
Wowplanes.com
Florida
Joined Nov 2007
2,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Par_18 View Post
I'm repairing an airplane by rebuilding the front half of the fuselage with the same foam used here. I don't think I will need to glass the part I am repairing for strength but I do need to cover it. If I attempt to cover it with monokote, will the foam melt? I would test it out but i'm away for work the whole week. If monokote is not a good option, then is glassing the only option to give the foam some protection against dings, dents, and damage?

You might want to try this http://www.wowplanes.com/product_inf...roducts_id=130
awrightbrother is offline Find More Posts by awrightbrother
Old Aug 18, 2015, 09:43 PM
Find More Posts by turbonut
Pro Hoarder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
8,874 Posts
Most of the low temp Iron On will work on foam.I have a Sure flite spitfire covered in iron on
turbonut is offline Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:00 AM
Find More Posts by Reco
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut View Post
Most of the low temp Iron On will work on foam.I have a Sure flite spitfire covered in iron on
I did not mention the low temp just because I've never had good results with it but your mileage may vary with it.
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco