HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:39 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gquiring View Post
Why don't you try thinking for a moment, I am referring to the TX.
You might want to read your original post below, you refer to the USB box as being old school. I assumed you want to get rid of it, so all my previous comments still apply unless you want to keep it for all the other items. like receivers, sensor station, voice unit, etc, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gquiring View Post
That's my thoughts too, that USB box is so old school. An SD card would allow any computer type Mac or Linux to easily upgrade their A9.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:44 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prefabu View Post
I took my A9 over to my father's house to try updating the firmware on his computer using his HPP 22 device.
Everything worked as it should. Does anyone have any idea about what would cause an update to abort part way through?
Does the HPP 22 device use a fair amount of power during the update?
I know the USB ports on my computer are pretty weak since they had trouble powering an external drive whereas my Linux box had no issue at all.
The HPP-22, being no different to most other PC related stand-a-lone devices such as printers and
DVD writers, does rely on a good USB port and cable.
Same reason additional power supply required when using extended USB hubs as described under:
. Hitec HPP-22 - Replacement Leads, Extensions and DIY Access to Transceivers buried in models.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:48 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prefabu View Post
I took my A9 over to my father's house to try updating the firmware on his computer using his HPP 22 device. Everything worked as it should. Does anyone have any idea about what would cause an update to abort part way through? Does the HPP 22 device use a fair amount of power during the update? I know the USB ports on my computer are pretty weak since they had trouble powering an external drive whereas my Linux box had no issue at all.
An external drive takes a lot of power which is why many of them have to be plugged into two usb ports. I doubt the HPP22 takes much at all. I had the upgrade keep failing part way through on me once, just kept restarting over and over again. Ultimately had to send in the radio for repair I was not happy.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:50 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
939 Posts
Word on the street here in the UK is that the Aurora is going to have some good offers coming up on it.

A sign that old stock is going to start to be shifted, ready for the new Aurora?

Of course even after its announced, it'll be a while before it hits the shelves, so Hitec won't want sales to dry up as people wait.

Si.
SimonChambers is online now Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:33 PM
Poland, Lublin Voivodeship, Lublin
Joined Dec 2012
8 Posts
Witam!
Miał ktoś kiedyś taki problem, że po włączeniu aparatury cisza, zielony ekran się cały czas świeci?
Mi się to zdarza od czasu do czasu.
krzycho1997 is offline Find More Posts by krzycho1997
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:41 PM
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Brugge
Joined Sep 2011
322 Posts
Krzycho,

This is an English forum, don't want to sound rude but use the google or Bing translator......

You seem to have an issue with the backlit screen? You can adjust the amount of time it has to stay on in the system menu of the Aurora.

Si,

A friend of me is going to Nurnberg and promised to take soms pics from the Hitec booth, we will soon find out if they got a trick up their sleeves :-)

Steven
stevo0476 is online now Find More Posts by stevo0476
Last edited by stevo0476; Jan 16, 2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:00 PM
Joined Dec 2012
8 Posts
Indeed. I'm sorry.
I am just learn English language
Thanks Steven.
My Aurora sometimes suspended on green screen, when I switch on.
Do you know this problem?
Regards.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:03 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krzycho1997 View Post
Indeed. I'm sorry.
I am just learn English language
Thanks Steven.
My Aurora sometimes suspended on green screen, when I switch on.
Do you know this problem? Regards.
Please refer to:
.Aurora 9 - Off/On Switch problem or Screen does not Display?

In need, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:35 AM
Joined Dec 2012
8 Posts
Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:37 AM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
The fraud continues .....:

Hitec has updated the HPP-22 software to version 1.14(0)
Hitec has issued a new firmware for the HTS voice, ver 1.04

And here are the results :

- HPP-22 software does not know the HTS-SS Advance. We still cant log any data from the new sensors

- There is no new firmware for the HTS Navi!
- The HTS-Voice reports rubbish !
- The variometer announces a fixed altitude of 1103 m but in the menu of the A9 shows a correct altitude of 1m is shown
- The variometer ist still fraud. It is still an altimeter ! No sink or climb rates are announced by the HTS voice.
- The voice output of the Senor manager is wrong. Different values than on the menue of the A9 are announced.
- There was no voice output of the engine temperature sensor although the sensor was connected to the HTS-Voice

I really don't know how to describe such a performance.....

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:00 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post

And here are the results :

- HPP-22 software does not know the HTS-SS Advance. We still cant log any data from the new sensors

- There is no new firmware for the HTS Navi!
- The HTS-Voice reports rubbish !
- The variometer announces a fixed altitude of 1103 m but in the menu of the A9 shows a correct altitude of 1m is shown
- The variometer ist still fraud. It is still an altimeter ! No sink or climb rates are announced by the HTS voice.
- The voice output of the Senor manager is wrong. Different values than on the menue of the A9 are announced.
- There was no voice output of the engine temperature sensor although the sensor was connected to the HTS-Voice

Juergen
Dude, I think "fraud" is a little over the top: negligence, maybe.

I usually enjoy your posts!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:08 PM
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined May 2007
1,258 Posts
I think "fraud" is a bit strong worded but I can understand his frustration. I am in the same camp where I have invested heavily in the A9 platform with many sensors only to realize that things do not work well or simple are not useable during real flying conditions. I am waiting with cautious interest as to what the new radio will offer and how well all the other sensors can integrate with the new radio if at all.

I really do like the A9 and will have to be hard pressed to make a switch just because of all of the telemetry issues. It's a great radio.
Highfly! is offline Find More Posts by Highfly!
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:33 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
1,927 Posts
I have been using the 50 amp current sensor which worked fine. I just installed a larger motor/ESC so had to go to the next one up which is the 200 amp. I get no readings except at max power where it just barely shows something. I'm using a 10 gauge wire with a 6mm connector that I have the pickup over. It is so large a diameter that it may not be able to read anything.... If this is the case I see nothing in between in size that I could use. My new setup will draw around 85 amps max. Thoughts anyone? And yes, I have reversed it and it is dead center via a machined plastic thingie to hold it.
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:30 PM
Joined Dec 2010
727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post

Juergen
I just did the update in high hopes of the unconnected sensors being muted in default mode, but alas no. She still insists on talking about stuff that is not connected.

Over a year and two updates later and the voice unit is still not capable of detecting unconnected sensors. This has become a joke now.....
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:34 PM
Joined Dec 2010
727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
I have been using the 50 amp current sensor which worked fine. I just installed a larger motor/ESC so had to go to the next one up which is the 200 amp. I get no readings except at max power where it just barely shows something. I'm using a 10 gauge wire with a 6mm connector that I have the pickup over. It is so large a diameter that it may not be able to read anything.... If this is the case I see nothing in between in size that I could use. My new setup will draw around 85 amps max. Thoughts anyone? And yes, I have reversed it and it is dead center via a machined plastic thingie to hold it.
Have you switched sensors in the current telemetry screen settings. You need to tell it you are using the C200 sensor...