HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2006, 06:42 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,762 Posts
New Product
One more Stick.

I'm getting ready to release my version of an electric Stick called 1MORStick. I was wondering how people feel about short kits vs full kits. The plan is to have the plan available for download for those who like to scratch build. But also offer a short/full kit from http://www.jtechlaser.com/ Any and all opinions are appreciated. I know there are many Sticks out there, but I wanted one this size that is electric that still had the classic look to it.

Jim
eliworm is offline Find More Posts by eliworm
Last edited by eliworm; Apr 27, 2008 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Added plan and guide. Updated link.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2006, 09:00 PM
Mesa Falcon Fld, Arizona, United States
Joined May 2004
861 Posts
Having had a chance to fly the plane once I would prefer a full kit. Don't really need wheels and such but all the wood makes life easier for guys like me who just do a few builds. Great flying plane and I like the way the construction is all tabbed for easy assembly.

Crash
AZcrashpro is online now Find More Posts by AZcrashpro
Old Jun 22, 2006, 12:38 PM
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,585 Posts
Hi Elliworm,

Full kit, (but no hardware) and available with plans included with the kit, (don't have the stuff to download plans.)

Thanks! Mickydee

P.S. Keep the price at about $40.00 shipped or less and they will sell.
mickydee is offline Find More Posts by mickydee
Old Jun 23, 2006, 06:42 AM
IWC
Joined Feb 2003
2,715 Posts
My vote for A Full Kit
IWC is offline Find More Posts by IWC
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:31 AM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,762 Posts
Thanks for the responses. As I laser cut these out I have been considering things and I'm ordering the rest of the wood. There is not that much more needed (spar material and some sheeting) so I might as well add it with the parts. I have submited the plan to RCblueprints for scratch builders and they should be up in a few days. And yes the full size plan will be included in the kit.

Jim
Old Jun 25, 2006, 09:04 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,762 Posts
"Link removed" has the plans ready for download. If anyone is not familiar with the site, they are a new site that offers a place for free plans and info. Check them out.

Jim

EDIT: I removed the link as it is no longer valid. See the first post for a pdf download.
Last edited by eliworm; Jul 08, 2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old Jul 05, 2006, 12:34 PM
Mesa Falcon Fld, Arizona, United States
Joined May 2004
861 Posts
Any updates on the release?
AZcrashpro is online now Find More Posts by AZcrashpro
Old Jul 07, 2006, 03:09 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,762 Posts
Update

Yes, we are real close. We're checking all the details to make sure we get everything right. I put 5 flights on the prototype the other day. It flys like a Stick all the way. I added more aileron throw for a faster roll rate. I like it better that way. My son is putting another together but since he has only been flying ailerons for a short time I'll keep his tuned down some.

Jim
Old Jul 07, 2006, 04:24 PM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,180 Posts
Just downloaded your plan, Jim - looks great. Just the kind of aileron sport flyer I was looking for. Thanks for making it available.

Steve
Redbaron25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbaron25
Last edited by Redbaron25; Jul 07, 2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old Jul 07, 2006, 06:25 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,762 Posts
No worries. Enjoy.

Jim
Old Aug 04, 2006, 01:49 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2000
1,128 Posts
Seems it is available now...
JeffD is offline Find More Posts by JeffD
Old Aug 04, 2006, 10:01 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,762 Posts
Yep, have started out with some short kits. I would like to get the full kit ready soon but business has been good as of late and hard to find the time. I didn't want to offer a full kit and not have it ready. I have been taking some photos of another one I'm putting together and hope to get them posted soon.

Jim
Old Aug 06, 2006, 01:53 PM
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,585 Posts
Hi,

What will be the differance between the full and partial kits?

Thanks! Mickydee
mickydee is offline Find More Posts by mickydee
Old Aug 07, 2006, 03:56 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,762 Posts
Hi Mickydee,
Short kit has the hard to cut parts laser cut and includes the plans. Whats not there are over the counter items like strip wood for the spars and some sheeting around the nose as well as hardware. I'll post some photos today after I get them resized. The plan for the full kit will be to have evrything to complete the airframe less covering. I'm a little torn about having a full kit. The reason being that many builders like to use other hardware than whats in the kit. I know I'm that way. I would hate to charge people for things they don't use.

For anyone who as downloaded the plan. It shows tab and lock contruction and that would be very hard to scratch build. Just eliminate The tabs and lightning holes and use the basic pattern to build the airframe and you will have a 1MORStick in no time.

Jim
Old Aug 07, 2006, 04:05 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Hi All,
Jim just mailed me the Short kit. I'm building it to introduce at the Junction City, OR Fun-Fly August 18 - 20th. See http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486527 Sure reminds me of the Dos Ugly Sticks I used to love. This one will be overpowered somewhat as well. Tool Time Special anyone?
More Later.
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace