Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 17, 2014, 05:24 AM
Kingston Ontario Canada
Joined May 2006
187 Posts
My copy of Model Flyer arrived yesterday from UK through via Newsstand outfit. Cost me about $20 CDN for the mag to my doorstep, plus $18 for the enlarged 2 sheets. Guess I better get to work building soon ...

Now if only it was this easy to get the Panther drawing ... has anyone decided they won't be building one and want to sell their plan?
Deerslayer is online now Find More Posts by Deerslayer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2014, 05:43 AM
It was a GLITCH! Honestly!
Stourport on Severn ,Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2007
4,806 Posts
Looking forward to your Whippit build DeerSlayer.

Now if only it was this easy to get the Panther drawing ... has anyone decided they won't be building one and want to sell their plan?[/QUOTE]

Plan is available on it's own here, pretty reasonbly priced I thought, not sure what the postage costs are world wide though? The magazine has completely sold out now but there is a digital version of the write up for £3.

http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/produc...4-panther-plan

Rich
SafeLandings is offline Find More Posts by SafeLandings
Old Jul 17, 2014, 06:05 AM
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,056 Posts
Mine arrived too, only problem is that I have forgotten to order the EPP foam sheet

Off on a little holiday next week and then a couple of days in hospital followed by my main holiday

Looking forward to a few days off but no time to build. On my main holiday in August we have not planned to go away (yet) so I may get some time then, having looked at the plan not much to it (as I hoped) and I have a spare set of AJ blades somewhere, not sure which ones (Crane Fly I think) so at least when I do get going it won't take long.....
PaulB is offline Find More Posts by PaulB
Last edited by PaulB; Jul 17, 2014 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Spollin ov corce
Old Jul 17, 2014, 08:10 AM
autogyro andy
South UK
Joined Feb 2007
720 Posts
QUOTE]
Plan is available on it's own here, pretty reasonbly priced I thought, not sure what the postage costs are world wide though? The magazine has completely sold out now but there is a digital version of the write up for £3.

Rich[/QUOTE]

Sorry to get off subject. Here is a build thread, hope it helps.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=panther

We did notice you could add 15mm to the nose and allow more space for your battery.

Great autogyro Rich.

Andy
HandyAndy is offline Find More Posts by HandyAndy
Old Jul 17, 2014, 02:02 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeLandings View Post
Looking forward to your Whippit build DeerSlayer.

Rich
All told, by the time shipping is paid, it is about $30.00 to get a set of the Panther plans here in the U.S., but that is just the price to be paid for ordering something from another country, but it goes both ways. You folks living in the U.K. have to pay more for stuff that comes from here also.

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jul 17, 2014, 05:15 PM
Kingston Ontario Canada
Joined May 2006
187 Posts
Yay !
I can stop whining about the Panther plans. A fellow who recently moved here and joined my club has the magazines and the free plan.

This is now on my winter projects list, pending satisfactory progess with my autogyro crash test program.

Thank you, Steve and others who offered good advice.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 01:45 AM
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
All told, by the time shipping is paid, it is about $30.00 to get a set of the Panther plans here in the U.S., but that is just the price to be paid for ordering something from another country, but it goes both ways. You folks living in the U.K. have to pay more for stuff that comes from here also.

SteveT.
Stop winging, if you lot hadn’t thrown all of that tea overboard in Boston and stayed a colony things would be different…..

(only saying that because we have Rich, Calli, Tom and the rest on this side of the pond )
PaulB is offline Find More Posts by PaulB
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:30 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,078 Posts
Well...I always thought it was because we had thrown all the misfits out of our country, and it was just revenge....

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jul 18, 2014, 08:44 PM
Kingston Ontario Canada
Joined May 2006
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Duck Bill View Post
I just returned from the (Hump) the name we use for our flying field.
And I am happy to report another flight with the Whippit. Sad to say I have no video to show . This flight is the first after making some adjustments from the maiden and I must say much better behaved from the first..... I was able to collect myself and dial in some trim for level flight. Most control was with head movement and no rudder again instincts over theory.
Blades used were a set of H/K blades with a counter shim under the trailing edge. I did try Aero Balsa with a shim with no luck so went with what worked before. I have a little video from the maiden but I can't seem to up load it,I will work on that.....

Bill

What is the Product ID of the HK blades you have used successfully?
Old Jul 19, 2014, 08:19 AM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,170 Posts
Deerslayer:
I am sorry to tell you I have the last of those blades I bought them almost a year ago and shortly after H/K stopped stocking them. I don't know why because they are the matching blades for the H/K head that is widely used by all of us gyronauts.

Bill
Mud Duck Bill is online now Find More Posts by Mud Duck Bill
RCG Plus Member