HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:18 PM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCaDDiCT! View Post
That's great to hear! Hope you can get this working in deviation It's an awesome little quad!
Beside the faulty motors that literally break if you throw a sharp look at em, that's right. Awesome!
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:44 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
Well, I'm making good progress towards supporting this model. I have enough info to write a (rough) driver, so hopefully I'll have something toreport in the next 24 hours.

One note though: It doesn't look like you'll be able to use the V911 module for this. the V911 module does not connect the LNA to the antenna, so it is likely that you cannot receive signals, and the Hubsan requires bi-directional communication for binding.

So that leaves the XL7105-SY module (~1.3mW, no PA/LNA) or the Aliexpress/ebay module (16dBm PA/LNA=???). I have all 3 modules so I'll test them all. I'm not sure how the ebay module is wired, and whether I need to configure the GPIO to control the LNA or not.

That said, it may be possible to live without the bidi communication. It doesn't appear that the Tx uses any of the info sent back by the Rx, so we may be able to get by without it, though it would likely mean that binding won't be as reliable.
I have the little x4 quad too and really exited about it if manage to use the v911 module as i have already install that keep my finger cross and hope for the best! Thanks for making it happen PH!!
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:06 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
I have the little x4 quad too and really exited about it if manage to use the v911 module as i have already install that keep my finger cross and hope for the best! Thanks for making it happen PH!!
Well, I flew my Hubsan X4 with Deviation this evening
The code is checked into the repository. I've tested it with th XL7105 and the Aliexpress/Ebay module, and both work great. I don't have the V911 module installed at the moment, so I can't test it with the existing code. If someone has an X4, the V911 module, and is able to build the code, I'd love to know if it works. Otherwise I'll install it in my Devo10 and see how it goes. I know of a work-around that will probably support binding even if the V911 module doesn't work, but as I mentioned before the binding won't be as reliable (once bound, it'll be exactly the same)
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:29 AM
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,638 Posts
Ho boy!

What was that citation again ?

"Master among the mortals" ?

Fits you well, if you ask me
blackmoon is offline Find More Posts by blackmoon
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:02 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ashford
Joined Jun 2007
42 Posts
Quote:
The code is checked into the repository. I've tested it with th XL7105 and the Aliexpress/Ebay module, and both work great. I don't have the V911 module installed at the moment, so I can't test it with the existing code. If someone has an X4, the V911 module, and is able to build the code, I'd love to know if it works. Otherwise I'll install it in my Devo10 and see how it goes. I know of a work-around that will probably support binding even if the V911 module doesn't work, but as I mentioned before the binding won't be as reliable (once bound, it'll be exactly the same)
Wow that was fast! Thank you so much! I'm still waiting for my Aliexpress module..
RCaDDiCT! is offline Find More Posts by RCaDDiCT!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
I don't have the V911 module installed at the moment, so I can't test it with the existing code. If someone has an X4, the V911 module, and is able to build the code, I'd love to know if it works.
Well, it turns out that the V911 module works with the Hubsan without any code modification I guess it has enough sensitivity to receive a signal without an antenna (or the antenna is attached and I just don't see it visually)
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:35 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,570 Posts
Hrm, has there been any testing done on the 7E yet? Or that wont happen until the 10 leaves beta?
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Hrm, has there been any testing done on the 7E yet? Or that wont happen until the 10 leaves beta?
I probably won't work on the 7E until Walkera releases a firmware update. Otherwise there'd be no way to go back. That wouldn't be an issue for me, but might bother some others. Also, I need to get one. I was hoping for some black-friday sales, but they're all coming from China, so it doesn't look likely.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:20 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,570 Posts
Quote:
I probably won't work on the 7E until Walkera releases a firmware update. Otherwise there'd be no way to go back. That wouldn't be an issue for me, but might bother some others. Also, I need to get one. I was hoping for some black-friday sales, but they're all coming from China, so it doesn't look likely.
Oh to bad, seems I'm going to have to look around for a black friday sale on a devo 10/8. Hopefully someone with international shipping has it.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:56 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Well I have tested it with V911 model and sadly It dosen't work Can you give me the link of the model you used so i can order and just replace it? Thanks again
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:30 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Well, it turns out that the V911 module works with the Hubsan without any code modification I guess it has enough sensitivity to receive a signal without an antenna (or the antenna is attached and I just don't see it visually)

Quote:
Well I have tested it with V911 model and sadly It dosen't work Can you give me the link of the model you used so i can order and just replace it? Thanks again
I don't get it. Does or doesn't?
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:33 AM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
all fixed i had the cyclic 3 set to channel 5 not channel 6 whoops..

one question though can we use this radio with the sim?

is there a way to activate the dcm port?
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Last edited by achogg33; Nov 22, 2012 at 04:57 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:19 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post
I don't get it. Does or doesn't?
I'm using devo6 and seems to having problem on the v911 module, Its signal getting weaker then i first installed. Now it can only bind the beetle/v911 within 1 feet and if i take it further then a feet its signal led on the rx start flashing. This is my second v911 module, the first module burned after a few flights due to too high input voltage. I have not open the tx to check what happen on this module yet but I am sure I need another module to have flysky protocol to work.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:43 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
I'm using devo6 and seems to having problem on the v911 module, Its signal getting weaker then i first installed. Now it can only bind the beetle/v911 within 1 feet and if i take it further then a feet its signal led on the rx start flashing. This is my second v911 module, the first module burned after a few flights due to too high input voltage. I have not open the tx to check what happen on this module yet but I am sure I need another module to have flysky protocol to work.
Search aliexpress or ebay for "a7105 500m". That is the module you want. You can find a pic of it (and a link that may not be good) in the Flysky conversion doc