HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:33 PM
France, IdF, Châtenay-Malabry
Joined Aug 2010
287 Posts
Hello,

Here is a second video from Luberon in the South of France. The place is call Oppedette Canyon.

Canyon d'Oppedette - Luberon France - Scarab QuadOcta Multiwiicopter (2 min 19 sec)

This is filmed in FPV by a Sacrab QuadOcta with a Gopro HD2, 900 MHz video gear, EagleTree OSD, graupner e-props and Thomas Scherrer Long Range System connected to a Spektrum DX7.

The little gello is due to the fact that the graupner e-props are not adapted to fly with high speed, normally they perform very well for slow fly and close shoots. Quinton mentioned It on multiwiicopter.com web site...

Cheers,

Gregory
glambert is offline Find More Posts by glambert
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:50 PM
Österreich, Wien
Joined Sep 2011
47 Posts
Great!

oVo Jovan
jovan is offline Find More Posts by jovan
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:38 AM
CA
Joined Dec 2003
486 Posts
Very nice video !!
blindflight is offline Find More Posts by blindflight
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
How do I speed up the piro rate on my Scarab QUAD X Stealth with a PARIS Sirius v4 r5 IMU control board /Right now it's just to slow.
brian quad is offline Find More Posts by brian quad
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:51 PM
Joined Jul 2012
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glambert View Post
Hello,

Here is a second video from Luberon in the South of France. The place is call Oppedette Canyon.

https://vimeo.com/49121617

This is filmed in FPV by a Sacrab QuadOcta with a Gopro HD2, 900 MHz video gear, EagleTree OSD, graupner e-props and Thomas Scherrer Long Range System connected to a Spektrum DX7.

The little gello is due to the fact that the graupner e-props are not adapted to fly with high speed, normally they perform very well for slow fly and close shoots. Quinton mentioned It on multiwiicopter.com web site...

Cheers,

Gregory
Gregory,
I'm happy to find another video from you, after the loss of your Recon. I have to say, that your videos are what inspired me to make the leap into RC quads and the multiwiicopters. LOVED the Falls in Brazil....
Just now finishing my first, a Carbon Armour, to learn with. And hope to start posting vids soon.
Quick question: I'm assuming that you're flying FPV off the GoPro, yes? as opposed to flying with a second, separate FPV cam?

Thanks in advance for your reply and, of course, for your new video
10x200 is offline Find More Posts by 10x200
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:01 PM
Australia, QLD, Robina
Joined May 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
On the subject of props, does anyone know if these 8045 SlowFly Props from HobbyKing would be a good replacement for the 8045 props that came with my Scarab Stealth Armour?
AussieFish is offline Find More Posts by AussieFish
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:22 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2012
378 Posts
Had a prop decide to jump off at 30feet after five batteries at the weekend on my recon, bugger.

Probably going to build an RCexplorer tricopter from spare parts in the meantime, this little quad is toast
Shame as it was all balanced so well, had almost perfect 1080 from the gopro
jimbob69 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob69
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:44 AM
Joined Aug 2010
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x200 View Post
Gregory,
I'm happy to find another video from you, after the loss of your Recon. I have to say, that your videos are what inspired me to make the leap into RC quads and the multiwiicopters. LOVED the Falls in Brazil....
Just now finishing my first, a Carbon Armour, to learn with. And hope to start posting vids soon.
Quick question: I'm assuming that you're flying FPV off the GoPro, yes? as opposed to flying with a second, separate FPV cam?

Thanks in advance for your reply and, of course, for your new video
Thanks for your nice comments. I fly directly with the Gopro downlink. In the summer, I have released a few other videos from my vacation, mostly made with the Y6 and in that case, a separate fpv cam. The reason is I don't like to fly with the Gopro on the gimbal... Both work well, Gopro is fine in most of the situations, in low light however the fpv cam does better. Another think is the Gopro wide angle requires more training and attention when flying very close to objects.

Cheers,

Gregory
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Aug 2010
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieFish View Post
On the subject of props, does anyone know if these 8045 SlowFly Props from HobbyKing would be a good replacement for the 8045 props that came with my Scarab Stealth Armour?
The triples from Gws works very well.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:57 AM
Australia, QLD, Robina
Joined May 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
The triples from Gws works very well.
I assume you mean the HD8040s Greg?
AussieFish is offline Find More Posts by AussieFish
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:07 AM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,421 Posts
ozfish - take a look on the recommended gear list
http://www.multiwiicopter.com/gear-list/

the triples are good value - they do need some balancing though....
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:30 AM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,421 Posts
@Jimbob69 - ouch...

I've had a few pros come of on copter. No fun... And so time consuming...

Now I spin them up with emery paper on the shaft to break up the smooth finish a little for extra grip.
then put a tiny bit of loctite on before adding the prop spinner and balancing...

Looks like a few new arms will fix her up. If you want something quick can probably get some cheap 450 arms and cut them to size. I have a couple spare if need some quick.
That motor mount should bend back Ok in a vice. Tested that myself
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:35 AM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,421 Posts
@Gregory - that's a fantatsic location. I think maybe its a dream for most APers to fly through something like a canyon.....
We have nothing like that around here...its very cools to see all these places from around the world.

I have some of those graupners to try too....
but I wonder if maybe not best for me as I know I fly the copter too fast. Fly it like a plane... I keep forgetting to go slow, pan and do close-ups.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:08 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2012
378 Posts
Shikra - thanks for the advice on the shafts, I've been taking the glaze of the arms to get better purchase from the mounts but never even thought of doing the motor shafts!! Doh!

Cracked a bunch of the boom holders , snapped off some of the legs and Two of the motor cans are trashed too so I've rebuilt it with the old 1175 motors it came with as a carbon armour, gonna keep the fpv gear on it and leave off the gopro.

REALLY Annoyed with myself for letting it happen, I've had about 60-70 packs through it without any incidents, not even a broken prop, even with some pretty aggressive flying, the stealth has been really solid but user error strikes again!

Super keen to get at tricopter in the air, although a scarab tri is out of my price range t the moment so the RCexplorer seems like a good cheap intro into the joys of super sharp yaw!
jimbob69 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob69
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:44 PM
I dont work here
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Apr 2012
1,460 Posts
jimbob

if you have 3 good motors from the quad still you could use them on a bare trikopter airframe, may work out cheaper for you that way
Deet_aus is offline Find More Posts by Deet_aus