New Products Flash Sale
Old May 07, 2013, 01:36 PM
Find More Posts by TeamBZ
Joined May 2013
6 Posts
Discussion
Visionaire replacement servos?

I would like to replace eflite 13g servos EFLR7155 on my visionaire, but I can not find and specifications on the EFLR7155. I have searched on eflite, Horizon, and parkzone with no luck.

Does anyone know the specifications for the eflite 13g digital servo EFLR7155?
Or what would be a good replacement servo maybe even a upgrade?

I was thinking HS 5055mg, HS 5056mg or HS 5065mg. What do you think?

Thanks
TeamBZ is offline Find More Posts by TeamBZ
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2013, 05:08 PM
Joined May 2013
6 Posts
I was wondering if the visionaire wing load is 11.7 oz/sq. ft. (35 g/sq. dm.) can I use that measurement and make sure my servos have more torque than 11.7 oz/sq. ft. (35 g/sq. dm.)? That way I can pick a replacement servo that is around 13g, medal head, digital and more torque than the wing load. Only thing I have to worry about is speed of the servo. I was thinking about getting the HS 5065mg but if I could save a little money I would get HS 5056mg. It all depends on the torque because 5056 is around 16oz and the 5065 is around 25oz.

Thanks
Old May 08, 2013, 06:46 PM
Find More Posts by Fontie
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Feb 2004
34 Posts
I to would be interested in replacing the servo's in my Visionaire Ive had one with stripped gears already lucky it went whilst doing pre flight checks before its maiden, and for now have just replaced with one the same. Please keep this thread going with suitable replacement's you find.
Fontie is offline Find More Posts by Fontie
Old May 08, 2013, 07:51 PM
Find More Posts by bobly
Joined Sep 2010
4,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBZ View Post
I would like to replace eflite 13g servos EFLR7155 on my visionaire, but I can not find and specifications on the EFLR7155. I have searched on eflite, Horizon, and parkzone with no luck.

Does anyone know the specifications for the eflite 13g digital servo EFLR7155?
Or what would be a good replacement servo maybe even a upgrade?

I was thinking HS 5055mg, HS 5056mg or HS 5065mg. What do you think?

Thanks
Just curious, are you or have you had trouble with the stock ones? Just wondering why you would want to replace them? I know Turnerm on these forums wanted a bit more speed, but he just fed the stock ones more voltage as I remember. I suspect if you want faster response, turning the as3x off would create that.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old May 08, 2013, 10:50 PM
Find More Posts by Ninjaschmuck
Joined Mar 2013
20 Posts
I have changed all my servos to Hs-85mg digital hitecs. My original servos were grinding. Only problem with the Hs-85mg servo's are when I change from 3d to Sports the elevator changes position and wants to make the plane head for the ground. When I changed to them the control arm isn't the same length as the original servos, so I upped the travel rate in my dx8 and also on the control arms to compensate. Want to buy some after market arms to bring all the throws back to normal. Or I wonder if I just need to rebind?? These servos fit in the same spot with a little bit of love! Just need to fit elevator issue. Or just fly it permently on 3d mode?
Ninjaschmuck is offline Find More Posts by Ninjaschmuck
Old May 09, 2013, 06:19 AM
Find More Posts by bobly
Joined Sep 2010
4,182 Posts
If it's changing trim when you change modes, I would worry that this isn't the only thing that isn't just quite right with the different servos. Seems that this thing is quite integrated as far as components and set up and there might well be issues that at least some of us don't understand cropping up with a change in various components from stock.
Old May 09, 2013, 11:44 PM
Joined May 2013
6 Posts
I have a aileron and a elevator servo that twitch sometimes on the ground but not in the air. Exactly like this video.

Visionaire servo problems (1 min 4 sec)

I just wanted to replace them before the servos quit on me in flight. I have been flying it with this problem for about 30 flights and it is getting worse and happening more often. It did not have this problem till about 15 or 20 flights from getting the Visionaire brand new but it did not happen that often.

If I move the servo by hand I feel a little play within the gears. I made sure the servo screw was tight and it still had some play. You can see how the servo has some play in the gears in this video.

Visionaire servo problem 1 (0 min 33 sec)

Thanks and thank you to Ultralightmike for making the youtube videos.
Old May 10, 2013, 06:20 AM
Find More Posts by bobly
Joined Sep 2010
4,182 Posts
Have you checked with HH to see if they have any ideas. That's a good video to describe the problem for sure. I have not had this on my visionaire, but have two other planes that had this when brand new. They were both arf's and I bought and installed the servos myself. They are getting better with time and haven't seen them do it for quite some time. Also had a friend that had a new build with this. He went through three sets of servos from different manufacturers including some high dollar ones to no avail. He finally just went on and started flying it and it has cured itself also as it seems. We both had chalked it up to stiff control surfaces initially. Be great to see if others have different solutions.
Old May 11, 2013, 02:35 AM
Joined Mar 2013
20 Posts
I really want to find out what changes with the trim between the 2 modes, wondering if you go to an analoge instead of a digital servo?
Old May 11, 2013, 04:56 PM
Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
United States, OH, Bristolville
Joined Oct 2010
4,883 Posts
There is nothing wrong with your servos. Digital servos will do that when they are on the ground with no load on them. If it is not doing it in the air than you have nothing to worry about.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old May 11, 2013, 04:59 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
Joined Oct 2010
4,883 Posts
Also you should never move your servo by hand, you can cause permanent damage to them. If you have done this you may have broke your servos.
Old May 12, 2013, 05:27 AM
Joined Mar 2013
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict View Post
There is nothing wrong with your servos. Digital servos will do that when they are on the ground with no load on them. If it is not doing it in the air than you have nothing to worry about.
Trim changes in the air when turning from 3d to sports mode. I didn't like them cracking when moving by hand, now I know not to use my hand to test them!
Old May 12, 2013, 06:07 AM
Find More Posts by Fontie
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Feb 2004
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaschmuck View Post
Trim changes in the air when turning from 3d to sports mode. I didn't like them cracking when moving by hand, now I know not to use my hand to test them!
I had this happen make sure there is no servo sub trim on your TX I put some in to make the arms level, and the elevator would go down and up slightly going from gen flight to 3D
Fontie is offline Find More Posts by Fontie
Last edited by Fontie; May 12, 2013 at 06:41 AM.
Old May 12, 2013, 11:05 PM
Joined May 2013
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict View Post
Wow I have never seen servos twitch like that on the ground before. Even the guys at the field have never seen them do that. I have been flying it and It never has done it in the air. Hhmmmm.... I dont know. Just afraid that the servos will fail. But I guess not too afraid I still fly it.

Thanks
Old May 12, 2013, 11:36 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
Joined Oct 2010
4,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBZ View Post
Wow I have never seen servos twitch like that on the ground before. Even the guys at the field have never seen them do that. I have been flying it and It never has done it in the air. Hhmmmm.... I dont know. Just afraid that the servos will fail. But I guess not too afraid I still fly it.

Thanks
If you are concerned about it still, then I would call up horizon and ask somebody there if this is an issue.