HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 06:14 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,728 Posts
Jim glad you joined the discussion.

John, Jim is the owner/developer of xps systems

Fyi Jim has also made measures with a x8r (unknown mode) and the taranis xjt internal module and nade them public here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2169724

comparing your measurements and jims the taranis setup isn't as slow as jims measurements (dunno why) but it would be nice if we can figure out whether the d4r has a fast mode as the d8r-xp does

re my idea
rx sbus out -> modified ofs sbus out-> x10+
I would be adding 6-12ms to the x10+ latency which is a lot.

I definitely won't be getting a cortex out of principle (plus ofs has all the functionality I need/when I need it)
An option for me at the moment is to use the power distribution board I have and create proper battery redundancy. I'd appreciate if you could look at the circuit and let me know what you think is the best option for me?
That's unless jims want to develop an x10+ intergrated with sensors suporting ofs.. (hint hint)

Re increasing servo limits to 900us-2100us.. why do we need it to be 1000-2000 us?
I appreciate we need to make sure binding does not happen and these are safe values... but are they too safe?. Ideally this needs to be configurable if possible..
ckleanth is offline Find More Posts by ckleanth
Last edited by ckleanth; Today at 06:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 10:08 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,003 Posts
John, our Xtreme protocol runs at 250Kbps. OpenAero2 and a few other devices supports it. If you are interested in adding it, let me know. I have made the format available for anyone to use. It's fast and uses a simple variable length capable packet structure.

I would assume OFS is C coding using an Atmel CPU. If so, you might want to borrow the servo output code from OpenAero2. I worked with the author to provide the same technique I use for our products. That part is in Atmel assembly code.

I write everything in assembly and only use PIC micros because I am a Microchip design partner.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimDrew; Today at 10:26 PM.