SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 22, 2015, 05:44 AM
Joined Dec 2014
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anewton View Post

The video also shows snap flaps, rudder mixed with ailerons and full span flaperons. I removed the flap servos and taped the ailerons and flaps together for more aerobatic performance and full span flaperon brakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L0F...i7SbeBRq59V66Q
May I ask why you removed the flap servos and taped the flaps and ailerons together?

Reading your post I conclude you have a programmable Tx with mixing possibilities. If it's at least 6ch and has the possibility to use 2 channels for the flaps you can achieve just about the same thing with some smart programming.

Edit: just figured that full flaps wouldn't be possible with 6ch though, for that you would need at least 7ch so you can program and mix seperate channels for the ailerons as well. (personally I'm using an 8ch Tx and Rx so that's what I did).
floriske.nl is offline Find More Posts by floriske.nl
Last edited by floriske.nl; Jan 22, 2015 at 06:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2015, 03:34 PM
Whoa……it flies
Australia, VIC, Geelong
Joined Feb 2007
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by floriske.nl View Post
May I ask why you removed the flap servos and taped the flaps and ailerons together?
Actually I really enjoy programming and mixing (OpenTX on a 9X and Taranis) but I enjoy tweaking and simplifying even more.
I have used the full house mix for the past 12 months but wanted to simplify, reduce weight, and experiment.

Separate flaps might be useful on high end gliders to help with landing, or warbirds for authenticity, but really not necessary on a knock-about foamie.

EDIT: you're right, only need 5ch now
anewton is offline Find More Posts by anewton
Last edited by anewton; Jan 22, 2015 at 03:40 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 03:43 PM
Whoa……it flies
Australia, VIC, Geelong
Joined Feb 2007
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coongoola View Post
Andrew thanks for posting that latest video. I love your videos as they are so easy and clear to understand, even for the novice like me. I opted for the D2826-1400kv motor with an 8x6 prop.

I'm also getting a little bit addicted to your kite videos also. Makes me want to start building box kites again.

Cheers

Pat in Oz
Thanks Pat,

I have been neglecting the kites, RC planes have taken over.
anewton is offline Find More Posts by anewton
Old Jan 22, 2015, 04:25 PM
Joined Nov 2014
20 Posts
I joined the bixler ranks today after getting a 2nd hand one from a friend... it's a tad worse for wear but at least parts are cheap
silversurfers25 is online now Find More Posts by silversurfers25
Old Jan 23, 2015, 03:18 AM
Joined Sep 2013
258 Posts
Success

Well just took bix2 with snipped wings,Hk motor mount, Turnigy2200kv motor with 6*4e prop. Climbs awsume nw. Whole new Bixler.
Awsume.
Cant remember who said it wudnt work on this thread a while bak, but they were wrng.Its great
Diggiz is offline Find More Posts by Diggiz
Old Jan 23, 2015, 07:32 AM
I look, listen and learn
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2013
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggiz View Post
Well just took bix2 with snipped wings,Hk motor mount, Turnigy2200kv motor with 6*4e prop. Climbs awsume nw. Whole new Bixler.
Awsume.
Cant remember who said it wudnt work on this thread a while bak, but they were wrng.Its great
I snipped the tips off on my first bix because I was bored, the rolls and loops were more fun...but I was still a rookie pilot back then...not really much better now, 2 years later It didn't last too long, but yes, it does make it a totally different bird

Edit: I Don't really recommend snipping the tips off tho. It's a fine plane just as it is.
Timbo383 is online now Find More Posts by Timbo383
Last edited by Timbo383; Jan 23, 2015 at 07:39 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 02:03 PM
Joined Sep 2013
258 Posts
Well it fits better in the car and makes for a more fun bird and with the motor upgrade. I have no intention of using it for fpv so why not.
End of the day, each to there own aye.
Diggiz is offline Find More Posts by Diggiz
Old Jan 23, 2015, 04:08 PM
saw TopGun once...
Joined Dec 2014
82 Posts
Agreed, as for a new pilot like me, the wingtips help a great deal at slow speeds and banks, I enjoy the way it flys and looks. But then again, why not modify it to something different if one feels like it?
So long as you can fly it and fit it in the car, fair play to you!

Weather willing, my Bix2 is coming out of the Hangar for a few flights this weekend.
mjgravina is online now Find More Posts by mjgravina
Old Jan 23, 2015, 04:53 PM
"long stretch of water..."
Australia, NSW, Stuarts Point
Joined Jun 2014
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgravina View Post

Weather willing, my Bix2 is coming out of the Hangar for a few flights this weekend.
Be great to see some videos of your B2 flights..

Pat in Oz
coongoola is online now Find More Posts by coongoola
Old Jan 24, 2015, 02:58 PM
Joined Nov 2014
10 Posts
i crash my bix 1

i will build a bixler 2

I doubt whether use my old motor

KDA 28-47 16Turn S Brushless Inrunner

KV: 2400 rpm/V

Max current: 16.00 A

with these motor i use a 6x4E but the bixler 2 include in the kit a 7x5E propeller

and I think my motor would burn with the 7x5E

I do not mind changing the motor

which would be the best option??

Thanksss
davidluab is offline Find More Posts by davidluab
Old Jan 24, 2015, 03:31 PM
I look, listen and learn
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2013
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidluab View Post
i crash my bix 1

i will build a bixler 2

I doubt whether use my old motor

KDA 28-47 16Turn S Brushless Inrunner

KV: 2400 rpm/V

Max current: 16.00 A

with these motor i use a 6x4E but the bixler 2 include in the kit a 7x5E propeller

and I think my motor would burn with the 7x5E

I do not mind changing the motor

which would be the best option??

Thanksss
Why change the motor? Just use your 6x4 prop.... havent checked the specs but sounds like a decent motor for the bix
Timbo383 is online now Find More Posts by Timbo383
Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM
Joined Nov 2014
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo383 View Post
Why change the motor? Just use your 6x4 prop.... havent checked the specs but sounds like a decent motor for the bix

I am newbie in RC

I read is better option 7x5, because it has more torque with with less revolutions

and this form was best for the bix2

this is what I read

I'm not sure, because of that i want to ask you

I want the best option because i will install with arduplane apm 2.5 and i want to do it the best way i can

thanks

sorry for my english
davidluab is offline Find More Posts by davidluab
Last edited by davidluab; Yesterday at 03:06 PM.