Jan 23, 2015, 05:08 PM
Fokker,I didn't even kiss her
Andrew...what are your plans for the WW1 sounds...are they going to stay the same or are you re-mastering them also?
Last edited by Bob Dunlop; Jan 23, 2015 at 06:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2015, 07:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dunlop
Andrew...what are your plans for the WW1 sounds...are they going to stay the same or are you re-mastering them also?
Sorry about the late reply Bob. Most likely they will be re-mastered at higher quality. I am not sure about the multi start ups though, recordings of them are more rare.

Andrew
Jan 26, 2015, 07:31 PM
Thread OP

TT-25 change.

Hey all,
This is not so much about the V5, but rather the TT-25s.

As some of you probably recall I have had problems with keeping stock of the TT-25s. The manufacturer/supplier has been less that truthful to me about keeping stock, and I have had much smoke blown up areas that never should see smoke.

This has caused me at least 3 periods of time where I was out of stock, and had a good many customers crying for them.

This has forced my hand to make a change, and in the end it has been for the best I believe. It has been a long time in the works, but it now looks like everything is complete. I have been working with a different manufacturer to produce a new version of the TT-25. The previous TT-25s were semi-custom, the new TT-25 is now 100% custom and unique to MrRCSound. MrRCSdound owns the molds, and wiring process for these, which means they are different than anything else out there, and will not be available through anyone except MrRCSound. They are "wound" differently to produce even more output and better bass than the previous version of the TT-25.

Here is a first look picture of the final product, and an independent sound lab testing result showing the comparison between the original TT-25 in red, and the new TT-25 in gray. I also have done testing of my own that shows the improvement in bass on the real engine sounds, if anyone is interested I can put them up. This in no way makes the original TT-25s old or obsolete, it is just an improvement on my products. It also means I should never have any supply problems with the TT-25 transducers again.

Andrew
Jan 26, 2015, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying
Sorry about the late reply Bob. Most likely they will be re-mastered at higher quality. I am not sure about the multi start ups though, recordings of them are more rare.

Andrew
Thanks, Andrew...for multi startups maybe just some random backfire noises and such
Jan 26, 2015, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Hey all,
This is not so much about the V5, but rather the TT-25s.

As some of you probably recall I have had problems with keeping stock of the TT-25s. The manufacturer/supplier has been less that truthful to me about keeping stock, and I have had much smoke blown up areas that never should see smoke.

This has caused me at least 3 periods of time where I was out of stock, and had a good many customers crying for them.

This has forced my hand to make a change, and in the end it has been for the best I believe. It has been a long time in the works, but it now looks like everything is complete. I have been working with a different manufacturer to produce a new version of the TT-25. The previous TT-25s were semi-custom, the new TT-25 is now 100% custom and unique to MrRCSound. MrRCSdound owns the molds, and wiring process for these, which means they are different than anything else out there, and will not be available through anyone except MrRCSound. They are "wound" differently to produce even more output and better bass than the previous version of the TT-25.

Here is a first look picture of the final product, and an independent sound lab testing result showing the comparison between the original TT-25 in red, and the new TT-25 in gray. I also have done testing of my own that shows the improvement in bass on the real engine sounds, if anyone is interested I can put them up. This in no way makes the original TT-25s old or obsolete, it is just an improvement on my products. It also means I should never have any supply problems with the TT-25 transducers again.

Andrew
Very cool!
I'm sure it will all be for the best
A little better in the lower and higher frequencies .
Jan 26, 2015, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Hey all,
This is not so much about the V5, but rather the TT-25s...

Andrew
Great news Andrew!
Do you have an idea of when these new TT-25 v2 will be available for purchase separately for those of us who want to upgrade from their 2" (v2.5, v 4.1) speakers?
Jan 26, 2015, 10:33 PM
As always Andrew, you take the time to improve, develop and create, better products, it's something that sets you apart from the others.
Oh and maybe for Bob since he is stuck in WW1 maybe a snoopy growl and woof would please him no end.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbingle
as always andrew, you take the time to improve, develop and create, better products, it's something that sets you apart from the others.
Oh and maybe for bob since he is stuck in ww1 maybe a snoopy growl and woof would please him no end.
Too funny!
Jan 27, 2015, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerobatman
Great news Andrew!
Do you have an idea of when these new TT-25 v2 will be available for purchase separately for those of us who want to upgrade from their 2" (v2.5, v 4.1) speakers?
That was my next question also. I would love to have the new one in my current BF-109 build.
Jan 27, 2015, 04:33 PM
Thread OP
Thank you all guys! I have some stock of the original TT-25s to move through, about 100 or so. It should not take long. I expect to get the first several hundred of the new ones late this week or next week. So I would say 2 weeks and I will be moved on to the new ones.

On note of "upgrade", if you are moving from a speaker, the new TT-25 would be a great upgrade. Going from the original TT-25 to the new TT-25, in my opinion, would not be worth spending the extra money on it. My tests show they are on average 3db louder with most sounds on the V4.1 card. The bass tones are lower as well. However, unless you have both hooked up on a toggle switch and toggle back and forth you will be hard pressed to hear the difference. This was one of my tests, and when you toggle back and forth, you can hear both the volume and tone difference. If you do one, and then try to remember what it sounded like when doing the other, it is not as noticeable.

So in summery, I am not recommending that anyone abandon the current TT-25s for the new ones. I could be greedy and tell you all to get the new ones, But I am not that kind of guy. Save your money for the real upgrade, the V5.

Andrew
Jan 27, 2015, 09:43 PM
Well said Andrew thanks, as always you have your customer's interests at heart.
Last edited by buzzbingle; Jan 27, 2015 at 09:45 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Jan 27, 2015, 09:47 PM
I won't be replacing the current TT-25s I have already installed. They work very well.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:40 PM
Arrowhead
You know, the addition of the random startup & shutdown sounds got me thinking: what about incorporating user- activated "engine trouble" sounds? Could be fun...
Jan 30, 2015, 01:49 AM
Mmmm? wonder what your favourite engine sound would be, thrown rod? propeller shearing off? magneto miss? loss of power? the list goes on.
Then just how do you pick, before that final impact?
Jan 30, 2015, 09:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF105
You know, the addition of the random startup & shutdown sounds got me thinking: what about incorporating user- activated "engine trouble" sounds? Could be fun...
Actually there has been a plan do to something like this for some time now. I was going to implement it in the V4, but never got to that point. User operated is easy to do. The plan is to eventually have a "combat" module that when it registers a "hit", the sound card will go into a troubled engine sound.

It is a ways off in the future yet though.

Andrew

Quick Reply