Old Today, 06:27 AM
Find More Posts by juliant
Julian T
Fleet, UK
Joined Jun 2005
604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermensch View Post
Hey there... Im flying a hacker a30 12l 1000kv in my extra on 3s with apc 13 x6.5 on a 60a esc

Today ive tried a 4s battery in it and was blown away how well that flew (in terms of power and i like it extreme that it had more speed)and now i want more but i know that the motor has to much kv for that.

Is there a possibility to just change the prop to lets say 12x6 or 13x4 or will this still burn the motor after a time. Today the motor was just slightly warm after the 4s flight but it was pretty cold outside this morning
I am flying a V1 A30-12L on 4s/12*6 APCE on my 48" EF planes and have been doing so for several years. The motor has been bullet proof so far. It comes down warm in typical UK temps (25 degrees would be a warm day for us usually) but never hot. It is a long time since I tested it but I think it was running at about 60A. I fly plenty of high energy 3D but even then the longest full throttle work is probably in a prolonged KE spin. Just my experience. I was so impressed with the motor I bought a V3 replacement but have never used it yet - and it's a bit longer which is not helpful in the EF 48" series.
juliant is online now Find More Posts by juliant
to remove ads between posts