SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 14, 2014, 01:14 PM
Germany, BW, Weinheim
Joined Sep 2012
437 Posts
I did the velcro method now and it works quite good. At least I could put it on the lower ailerons.

The twitching is gone now, but all servos still make noise.

I'm ok with that. The nex time I will go with Hitec HV servos again. They've always done a good job in my planes, so far.

Thanks Andreas for searching some good velcro. Hopefully I can get the Beast airborne in 2014.
FloBau is offline Find More Posts by FloBau
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:21 AM
so and so and so on
China, Shanghai
Joined May 2013
219 Posts
I haven't been here for many days already, since the last crash of Beast60.
Motor Power60 was repaired but gave some weird sound at certain low RPM range. All servos survived except one aileron servo jitters now a bit. I was too sad to buy another Beast60E right away and in fact there is no stock in China. It will take 6-8 months to get it in hand, even I prepay all, according to my former experience. This also deepened my sorrow of UMX Beast 3D. My first UMX Beast was hit into pieces in air on its first day, 3rd flight, by another flier. I immediately bought a new one on in hours while there was stock in China. The 2nd one gave me lots of fun and was given as a gift to one of my hobby friends, after this Beast60 crash.
It seems Beast doesn't like me but I has one-sided love in her. When HH China has Beast60 in stock, I will try it definitely again. At this moment, I have a Pitts12 15E. Yep, her elder sister from HH family, not that beautiful, not big neither.
To make full use of the electrics, I bought a Sebart Winds 50E on the next day. 2 aileron servos from the Beast60 were coupled for rudder, another two were for Winds 50E's elevator. Two stock spectrum standard servos were for ailerons now. I flew 5 packs already and it was nice in air. Beast60E planted a kind of feeling like a beautiful lover in my mind while this Wind50E, brought me a feeling like a housewife. I couldn't find a better comparison. I used to call Beast60E as 'red double happiness' as we Chinese really like this name and it's a biplane, having twin wings. Now I change its nickname as 'Lady in Red'. Oooops. I miss 'Lady in Red'!
jeff4steel is online now Find More Posts by jeff4steel
Old Nov 19, 2014, 01:29 PM
Multifaceted Heli Nut
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Oct 2004
534 Posts
That's a very heart-felt post Jeff. You make me anxious for finding the time to let my Beast escape its box and fly free. Thank you
heli-headcase is offline Find More Posts by heli-headcase