HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:16 PM
Registered User
delegatezero's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Mar 2013
6 Posts
Discussion
PZ Spitfire question

Can I use an eflight P25 with a Turnigy 60Amp ESC and a Thunder Power 65C 2250mAh 11.1 Volt with stock prop in this bird? I'm a nub, thanks!
delegatezero is offline Find More Posts by delegatezero
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:30 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delegatezero View Post
Can I use an eflight P25 with a Turnigy 60Amp ESC and a Thunder Power 65C 2250mAh 11.1 Volt with stock prop in this bird? I'm a nub, thanks!
Excuse me for asking, but depending on how much of a nub you are....?

... but, as a general rule, unless you have got quite a lot of hours on a more suitable aileron trainer ..... a beefed-up power train in the PZ Spit will be ntirely acedemic because the chances are, you won't be in the air long enough to appreciate it.

The stock set up is certainly plenty, even for a beginner transitioning to intermediate.

Plane Chaos is offline Find More Posts by Plane Chaos
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:32 PM
Registered User
delegatezero's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Mar 2013
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Chaos View Post
Excuse me asking, but depending on how much of a nub you are....?

... but, as a general rule, unless you have got quite a lot of hours on a more suitable aileron trainer ..... a beefed-up power train is entirely acedemic because you chances are you won't be in the air long enough to appreciate it.

The stock set up is certainly plenty, even for a beginner transitioning to intermediate.

Nub when it comes to hop ups for the spitfire. I've had over 100 flights on many stock planes, this is my first time I decided on upgrading her...just need a little insight.
delegatezero is offline Find More Posts by delegatezero
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:39 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delegatezero View Post
Nub when it comes to hop ups for the spitfire. I've had over 100 flights on many stock planes, this is my first time I decided on upgrading her...just need a little insight.
Ah, I see ...

You might try going to the 'MotorCalc' website to enter the details of your proposed set up.

My upgrades have been mainly to the airframe / ancillaries / undercarriage
.... not the power train, I find that more than adequate to my purposes; more interested in cuising around as slow and scale as poss.

Good luck

Plane Chaos is offline Find More Posts by Plane Chaos
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:49 PM
Registered User
delegatezero's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Mar 2013
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Chaos View Post
Ah, I see ...

You might try going to the 'MotorCalc' website to enter the details of your proposed set up.

My upgrades have been mainly to the airframe / ancillaries / undercarriage
.... not the power train, I find that more than adequate to my purposes; more interested in cuising around as slow and scale as poss.

Good luck

Thanks for the input, I have a feeling it will work but I just wanted someone else's opinion, I like flying them slow too, but would like to so some fast flying, with this plane. I think it could handle it.
delegatezero is offline Find More Posts by delegatezero
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2013, 08:01 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
Mikemynameis's Avatar
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,309 Posts
That set up will be fine and to add for coolness add a 4 bladed from from Hobby Lobby
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2013, 08:05 PM
Registered User
delegatezero's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Mar 2013
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemynameis View Post
That set up will be fine and to add for coolness add a 4 bladed from from Hobby Lobby
Thanks!
delegatezero is offline Find More Posts by delegatezero
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2013, 08:11 PM
Registered User
delegatezero's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Mar 2013
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemynameis View Post
That set up will be fine and to add for coolness add a 4 bladed from from Hobby Lobby
Do you think I would have to reinforce the wing on this plane with a carbon fiber rod? and also what prop would you (4 blade) recommend for this?
delegatezero is offline Find More Posts by delegatezero
Last edited by delegatezero; Mar 09, 2013 at 08:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:38 PM
Y=C+I+G
cmdl's Avatar
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
8,810 Posts
no need to reinforce wing. for 4 blades ask on http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1463636
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:03 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,992 Posts
Since he has 100 flights may as well go for it.
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video PZ Spitfire MkIX EN398 StompinThom Electric Plane Talk 4 Feb 08, 2013 08:40 PM
Help! how to program the pz ultra micro spitfire brick to brushless mode? IceRain29 Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 8 Feb 07, 2013 11:59 PM
For Sale FMS T-28 ,FMS Corsair grey . PZ spitfire howie650 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Feb 02, 2013 02:54 PM
FMS T-28 FMS Corsair PZ Spitfire howie650 Non R/C Items (FS/W) 2 Jan 31, 2013 08:50 AM