HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:23 AM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Discussion
CB180q servo problem (my bad...)

Hey guys; new here, I have an interesting err...connundrum I suppose.

So I cracked open the helicopter to adjust the extent as suggested in many tutorials and gave it a slight turn while holding the stick forward. Well the servos adjusted, literally to much but now they buzz (it's more of a loud wine!) constantly and no longer move the control rods (I disconnected everything to prevent further damage), although the sound of the servo motors still react to control input. If I hold the cyclic stick to the top right of the controller, the motor whine cuts out.

I suppose my question would be, is there a way to fix this?
mbwelder is offline Find More Posts by mbwelder
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:57 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,389 Posts
Might be jammed, but that shouldn't happen. Try disconnecting the servos from the swashplate to make sure there is no load on the servos and see if it's still jammed.
Hajile is offline Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:43 PM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
The servos are disconnected from the swashplate. I reconnected them to the reciever and they still seem to do it. I'll post some pictures and whatnot after work tonight. I'm almost wondering if a gear inside the servos are stripped.

The noise the servo motors make happens 5 seconds after the controller beeps right after it binds just before you have control on the controller. They just fire right up and whir away!

Something isn't right, I know that much!

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:08 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
The symptoms you describe seem like you moved the servo arms past their end points. You may be able to force them back. Otherwise, you will need to remove the covers and check them.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:27 AM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
That did the trick! Thank you for the help!