SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:59 AM
Poland, Podkarpackie, Mielec
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
Help!
Optic 6- problem with buzzer

Hello!
Today I done some tests of servos, ESC, etc. And suddenly buzzer was beeping quietly. When I pushed buttons, I did't hear typical short, loud beeps (buzzer beeped quietly still). I turned it off and on and everything was OK. Is this normal?
Bart10 is offline Find More Posts by Bart10
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:49 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart10 View Post
Hello!
Today I done some tests of servos, ESC, etc. And suddenly buzzer was beeping quietly. When I pushed buttons, I did't hear typical short, loud beeps (buzzer beeped quietly still). I turned it off and on and everything was OK. Is this normal?
As in Post #15 much depends upon your definition of normal.
It is quite normal for any buzzer to go quiet after 'I done some tests of servos ' when unit has been used extensively
and warmed up with voltage falling under increased resistance. This is no different to laptops, cell phones and other
electronic gadgets where turning on & off again clears system and batteries will also recover somewhat.
(perhaps even a little electrostatic modelling dust held or blocking holes will be able to fall out during the off period).

If after batteries have been fully recharged, external influences are good, situation reoccurs and you are still concerned,
as per previous advises, contact the Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:22 AM
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
I'm not sure I tested servos at that moment. Suppose, I did not but it's strange behavior happened only once. Could this mean that the TX is broken?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
Yesterday, I had a new problem. When I turn on my Optic I didn't hear a short beep as ussually. Is this normal?