HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Nov 2005
81 Posts
Discussion
DJI WK-H MSRP $1250, SALE $1050 (Limited Time)

For a limited time only, through Friday (March 30th, 2012) the DJI WK-H Autopilot system is on sale for $1050.

DJI is one of the world’s leading developers and manufacturers of UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) helicopter autopilot systems. They are dedicated to the continuous development of UAV technologies for hobby, commercial, industrial, and military use.

DJI's autopilot systems is great for casual R/C helicopter hobbyist as well as a wide range of commercial and industrial applications such as; aerial photography, surveillance, cartography, survey & rescue, power/ lines inspection, forest patrol, filming & advertising, police pursuit, military stealth, etc.

DJI Wookong is the first stabilization system built for scale/hobby helicopter enthusiasts!

DJI recognizes your passion, masterful skill, relentless for perfection; While you take the time in building an outstanding fuselage, it is the air time that rewards the sense of accomplishment.

WooKong will deliver the sense of accomplishment every time you take it up into the big sky in conditions others will wait on the sideline. Nothing flies more beautifully in controlled manner.

WooKong will turn a novice into a good pilot, and good one into a great pilot in a short time.

WKH 6DoF (6 degrees of Freedom) IMU with barometer and proprietary algorithm, WKH ensures high quality stabilization autopilot for all hobby RC helicopters. Electronic phasing and built in tail gyro for two and multi-blades; all 3-servos swash-plate design currently on the market. WKH provides 3 flight modes; manual (with FBL stabilization), ATTi and GPS ATTi. DJI's proprietary GPS/INS provides excellent position hold to within 2-meter in horizontal hold and 1-meter in vertical hold. Semi auto take off and landing is now standard feature.

SEMI AUTO TAKE OFF and LANDING: Simply raise the throttle (collective) stick gradually when lift off rotor speed is reached the helicopter will take off with no cyclic inputs whatsoever.

FLYBARLESS: In Manual Mode, 3-axis Stabilization Activates Automatically With Electronic Phasing

FAIL-SAFE: Loss Radio Signal, The Helicopter Stays Airborne Hovering Within 2-3 Meters Until Radio Signal Is Re-established

REMOTE LED: GPS signal strength and mode LED indicators LED signal strength can be mounted outside fuselage for added realism.

ATTI MODE: Attitude mode allows sports style flying and speed control determined by user while maintaining altitude using on-board barometer

GPS ATTI: Position hold including altitude self-leveling

Other Features:

Features built-in include tail gyro and engine governor.
Flexible CCPM Setup
Applicable to flybarless or flybared R/C Helicopters
Applicable to gas, nitro, or electric R/C Helicopters
Firmware online upgradable
Lightweight and compact. Less than 140 grams. Fits nicely on 450 to 800 class R/C helicopters
Instruction Manual included.

Specifications:

Swash support - Normal, Three Servo 120°/140°/90°, Four Servo 90°
Recommended Transmitter - PCM or 2.4GHz minimum 7 channels and Fail Safe function available on all channels
Operating Temperature – 0°C to 70°C
Hovering Accuracy: Vertical : ± 1.0m Horizontal : ± 1.5 - 2m
Suitable Wind Condition: > 8m/s (17.7mph)
Forward / Backward Speed: ± 72 Km/h (44.74mph)
Left / Right Speed: ± 56.7 Km/h (35.77mph)
Operating system – Windows XP, Vista < Windows 7 (32 bits only)
Cyclic Servos – 50 Hz
Tail Servo Frequency Response: 760us – 333Hz ,560Hz. 1520us – 125Hz,165Hz,165Hz,270Hz,333Hz

Dimension:

IMU: 41mm X 31mm X 28mm
Controller: 51mm X 35mm X 15mm
GPS Diameter: 50mm
LED Module: 25mm X 25mm X 7mm
Total Weight: 140 grams

Built In Functions:

FBL Or Flybarred
Auto-pilot
Tail Gyro
Fail-safe Hover
Engine Governor For Nitro/gasser

DJI Wookong Stab; autopilot, for scale helicopter, chopper (3 min 36 sec)

DJI Stabilization WooKong Cobra 600 (4 min 15 sec)

DJI WooKong Stab Huey Heli 800 size (3 min 47 sec)

DJI WooKong-H On Jet Ranger (2 min 38 sec)

DJI WooKong-H-Autopilot System Test (2 min 28 sec)

Frequently Asked Questions:

Can I fly WooKong indoor without GPS signal?
Answer: Yes, WooKong can be flown without GPS in Atti mode. However, position hold will be affected while altitude hold is maintained using the on-board barometer sensor.

What kind of power source does WooKong require?
Answer: WooKong controller does not require high power consumption. When flying Flybarless, power requirements from digital servos can be higher than Flybared setup. We recommend using an external BEC with a minimum of 7.5A power. Use of external power packs such as 2S Lipo is recommended for gassers and longer flight times.

What kind tail servo or servo speed is required?
Answer: WooKong configuration software supports servo frequency speeds from 125 to 560Hz. Please make sure to obtain servo frequency response from the manufacturer.

Can I use 6-channel radio and receiver?
Answer: No, a minimum 7-Channel radio and receiver are required to operate WooKong

Can I use radio sub-trim?
Answer: Yes, during test flights you can use radio sub-trim or trim to adjust for leveling flight. We do recommend you to use software trim afterwards and re-set all radio trims to zero value.

Do I need to calibrate the compass every flight?
Answer: No, once calibrated, re-calibration is only needed when the flying field is far from the location of your last calibration (over 20 miles).

Does WooKong support 64-bit operation system and Mac?
Answer: WooKong only supports Windows 32 bits Microsoft Windows XP, 7 and Vista.

Can I fly my helicopter in the rain with WooKong mounted?
Answer: No, we do not recommend flying the helicopter in rain, as water might get into the GPS compass and controller causing electrical shortage.

Do I have to bring my laptop for tuning every time I fly the helicopter with WooKong installed?
Answer: Once setup, you don’t need your computer or laptop. In normal setup, it might require a few of parameter changes before finalizing setup.

I can’t seem to be able to setup my helicopter?
Answer: Your local DJI dealers should be able to guide you through or you can write to DJI headquarter. DJI headquarters likely we can offer assistance via phone contact or skype as well.

www.dji-autopilot.com
Century Heli is offline Find More Posts by Century Heli
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 02:11 PM
KittyKatt
Joined May 2012
50 Posts
Wk-h question, throttle

Been using the DJI multi stuff and now trying the helicopter version and am lost.. Electric 600
Latest software
Ect.
I cannot get the throttle to work properly.. If I get up to hover in manual mode then I am ok switching over to atti and the throttle just seems to be wherever it was until landing and then won't shut off without switching back to manual.??? In atti mode it will not start... Ever. From start

I suspect I am not performing the setup (governor) properly... It seems mislabeled ?? Cut off and idle up??? These seem to be fuel engine terms?? And make no sense, I get the error if I put in positions that make sense to me....

Other issue is :
Always wants to go left and forward and I have to hold quite a bit of corrective stick ... The swash plate is "level" but this doesn't allow for offset for tail thrust which all helis have... Does level not mean level???

Sorry to be such a dummy been flying 30 years but I am confused and reading the manual doesn't help.

Any help appreciated..
Kattinkc is offline Find More Posts by Kattinkc
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:16 PM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
The manual states that the cyclic servos are 50 hz does that mean that you cannot use typical digital high speed servos on pitch and roll?
dennyrowland@mac is offline Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac