HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2003, 02:08 AM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
Zagi Palooza at Renner?@!@?#!

I just saw on the web site for Zagi Extreme that they are planning on holding the Zagi palooza at Renner on November 9th.

I have a few concerns about this, but I wanted to see what you guys thought. Has anyone said anything to anyone at the field about it or checked with the businesses nearby about this unsanctioned event being held here?

Its not public land sooooo hows this gonna fly with the city?

Kirby
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople
Last edited by kepople; Oct 15, 2003 at 02:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2003, 02:47 PM
Hey, I wanna fly too!
United States, TX, Justin
Joined Sep 2001
223 Posts
I do not feel it's any different than the rest of us currently flying there. Whch brings up my concern: There are alot of non-Zagi fliers there on the weekend and no frequency control. You know the nitro guys may not want to give up the field to a bunch of Zagis. Even worse, someone getting shot down. The more people, the better the odds.

I think I'll stay on the west side that weekend. Anyone want to fly real planes, I've got a good location with a couple 100 acres and some hard packed ground, drop me a PM for directions...

Terry
tphillips is offline Find More Posts by tphillips
Old Nov 11, 2003, 12:52 PM
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
Was anybody out at the field Sunday?

I opted out for the Indoor flyin at Lockeheed Martin. I still had some radio hits....must have been the Zagi guys....

Kirby
Old Nov 11, 2003, 08:07 PM
Hey, I wanna fly too!
United States, TX, Justin
Joined Sep 2001
223 Posts
Yep, but it wasn't a Zagi Palooza. I showed up about 1:30 and I was the only one there. It was still quite an overcast, but WooHoo, it was nice n quite! Well the sun did come out and so did the rest of the fliers. About 8 of the nitro regulars. All in all, a nice afternoon. Glad I took advantage of it.

Terry
tphillips is offline Find More Posts by tphillips
Old Nov 17, 2003, 12:57 PM
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
Thier website says it was postponed due to scheduling issues until further notice...

Hmmmm.....

Kirby