SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 18, 2013, 03:04 PM
United States, MA, Middleboro
Joined Jul 2007
590 Posts
Thanks.
I use turbo cad so I am going to have to look for engraving fonts for it I guess.
iron eagle is offline Find More Posts by iron eagle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The third time is a charm!
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2013, 03:27 PM
Joined Dec 2010
36 Posts
im gona try using falcon aviation, says he charges by the material used not the time taken to cut so i expect it to be priced better.

the file on ponoko was ready to cut, with everything they said they needed. no idea why it was so expensive.

i have just single line for the fonts

re-nested the parts, parts lining up with grain now
homer93 is offline Find More Posts by homer93
Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:46 PM
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,254 Posts
Hope it goes well with them.The only example of there kits on here is a big Vulcan,I'll see if I can it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1874657
Post#6 has a link to a build log,plus a video.
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46
Last edited by Stupot46; Aug 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:27 AM
less is more
United States, CA, Marina
Joined Sep 2006
2,817 Posts
I just found this thread and have really enjoyed the photorealistic renderings. It is an added step that many designers skip. The camera bay is too cool. Maybe pan and tilt controls for the GoPro are in your future. It's a great looking plane, especially with the winglets.

Looks like you're taking a bit of a breather on this build. I hope all is well. You have developed a very cool little plank. Base on my modest plank experience, this one should certainly be flyable. Winglets look well sized. Structure is good. BTW, I like working with Gary at Fox Lite for laser cutting. 400 watt laser gives crisp clean cuts and he has an automatic nesting program so you just need to create individual parts and your done.

In order to reduce the number of things that can go wrong on the maiden flight, I would fly just as a glider with a bungee launch. Give it a short fast bungee launch so that you have just enough airspeed to get flying and land right away. If that goes well, then launch higher and continue glider testing before adding power.

If you like the way this one flys, maybe try one at about double the wingspan. It would be a smoother flying platform for photography.

Kent
Knoll53 is offline Find More Posts by Knoll53
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Knoll53; Dec 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM.