HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:25 AM
Joined Apr 2013
55 Posts
DJI Phantom Video Contest - Moments With Nature (tight edit)

DJI Phantom Video Contest - Moments With Nature (tight edit) (3 min 12 sec)

Well here it goes again. My video for the dji phantom video contest. This is the "tight edit" Spend countless hours editing it. Hope you like it, And I would appreciate if you click the "like" button on youtube. Thank you very much
pexi1982 is offline Find More Posts by pexi1982
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:31 AM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pexi1982 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neh39w1fXvk

Well here it goes again. My video for the dji phantom video contest. This is the "tight edit" Spend countless hours editing it. Hope you like it, And I would appreciate if you click the "like" button on youtube. Thank you very much
Opening shot is fabulous.

- - david
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:38 AM
United States, GA, Macon
Joined Jun 2013
303 Posts
Very nice color correction. Good work.
edunwody is offline Find More Posts by edunwody
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:39 AM
United Kingdom, Wales, Cardiff
Joined May 2013
100 Posts
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neh39w1fXvk

Love the opening! For mine, I wanted to challenge myself, so kept it to one location, 90% in manual mode, using stock Phantom and controller, and a GoPro, with NO gimbal and NO FPV.

DJI Phantom Video Contest - A Day At The Beach (1 min 57 sec)

Please hit "like" if you like it, since the competition is an unfair one, based on the number of "likes" (hmmm so it basically comes down to who can spam the most?)
domkane is offline Find More Posts by domkane
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:55 AM
Joined Apr 2013
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by domkane View Post
Love the opening! For mine, I wanted to challenge myself, so kept it to one location, 90% in manual mode, using stock Phantom and controller, and a GoPro, with NO gimbal and NO FPV.

http://youtu.be/E8FWXH6DVPY

Please hit "like" if you like it, since the competition is an unfair one, based on the number of "likes" (hmmm so it basically comes down to who can spam the most?)

You got some nice footage in there. Good luck to you in competition
pexi1982 is offline Find More Posts by pexi1982
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:05 PM
United Kingdom, Wales, Cardiff
Joined May 2013
100 Posts
Quote:
You got some nice footage in there. Good luck to you in competition
Thank you... I know it's just a marketing contest for DJI, so I thought I would use it to practise my editing (and my flying in manual mode)
domkane is offline Find More Posts by domkane
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:54 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumanoc View Post
I want to share thist post commented by a ZenMuse H3-D2 owner in another forum. You can find it useful or just discard it as your own consideration:

"Sadly joining the club of dead gimbal owners. Luckily I took a shot of the gimbal when it started "sreaming". ....I recorded the video for my dealer, who said, hissing is normal. Well, looks like hissing/humming is the pre-stage to death. I reconnected the power a few times the next day and with my last attempt, I had a little cloud of smoke coming from the blackbox directly situated on the gimbal.
----------
DJI has contacted my reseller and my reseller has contacted me. Looks like DJI knows about the problem and it might come from 3.14, which introduced a hz-count drop-down. It might be that the gimbals are driven with the wrong hz-count and this drives them too hot and burns them out. I have been offered an RMA and need to send the gimbal for repair/exchange to DJI. Sounds like a rather long process, argh!"

I wonder if he powered up the gimbal without the GoPro mounted.
That will overheat it.

There should be a warning sticker warning customers to not power the gimbal up without the camera installed.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 11, 2013, 01:20 PM
Joined Apr 2013
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
This is how I setup my FPV using the Phantom with the Tarot gimbal.

I'm using the TBS Core and Rookie Vtx as it is much smaller than most.

That looks awesome!

Do you have a setup with the phantom h3-2d zenmuse for fpv?

I would love to see how one takes advantage of the h3 av cable dji included with the gimbal.
Cody2015 is offline Find More Posts by Cody2015
Old Jul 11, 2013, 01:21 PM
Empire Hobbies Support
Joined May 2013
256 Posts
Correct Tony..

Users should not power on the gimbal w/o the GoPro 3 installed. This will overheat the motors and could cause a failure.
Empire Support 3 is offline Find More Posts by Empire Support 3
Old Jul 11, 2013, 01:22 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,994 Posts
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Last edited by flitelab; Jul 11, 2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 01:28 PM
Joined Apr 2013
88 Posts
DJI Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal for GoPro

I have to say that its pretty impressive to ask a question here and within minutes someone responds.

For someone like me who has almost no experience with rc and quads, it really is great to be able to talk with others who have a wealth of knowledge.

Thanks!
Cody2015 is offline Find More Posts by Cody2015
Old Jul 11, 2013, 02:39 PM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jun 2013
214 Posts
repost from the F550 thread

Thought i would repost this to this thread for the gimbal test .

Ok I upgraded the firmware re calibrated everything and Dam what a big difference in the way she handles

Ok so now I have the 2- 4s 5000mAh 30c batteries and I got about 18 mins flight time with 2% left on each battery with about 1:33 min of ideal time at the start. (No I'm not going to run it that close this was just to see how much I can get out of TWO batteries) So its safe to say safe flight time with the 2 batteries would be 15-16 min as I had thought. I don't know how much she weighs don't have a way of weighing her. She not all that heavy I put my GO PRO on med wide as to no be able to see the bottom legs and it almost works... I don't know if its just me but now she seems to fly sooooooooo much better than before more stable and no major drifting like before. I seem to have a lot better control over her now.
I have the video uploading to Vimeo now I took a shaky video with my I phone and did some sorta aggressive flying to see what this new Gimbal would do... I would say it does what its supposed todo and yes mine did have a few scratches but doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever as I'm glade I kelp it instead of returning it...

Here is the iPhone footage ill add the other as soon as its uploaded...

test clip (1 min 39 sec)

final test (0 min 0 sec)
photoboi is offline Find More Posts by photoboi
Last edited by photoboi; Jul 11, 2013 at 03:21 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 11, 2013, 02:42 PM
HGT
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravia3D View Post
Alright, so as I mentioned before my biggest fear with the Zenmuse is crashing ruining the Zenmuse and the GoPro. Then I'd be out almost $1,000!! That would just really make me upset if it was to happen. I am sure it would make many of you upset also.
I am so picky I don't even want small scratches on mine or my GoPro lens.

So, I think I have solved the problem

This is made out of 100% real leather and uses a small polarizer filter I cut which can be removed easily and attaches with velcro. The main cover weighs 15.5g and with the polarizer lens cover it weighs 23.5g all total 0.05 pounds. It covers the front and back also. You don't need to use the GoPro holder attachment as this will hold the cam on without it.

I haven't had time to fly and test it yet, but tried it a bit in my house and seems to work. I'll fly tomorrow morning and put it through some test and see how it performs.
That looks awesome but let me share some valuable information about stepper motors!

I have been working with this type of motor since its introduction into the Automotive industry. They are brushless motors widely known as stepper motors. I still repair them today for our Dashes we service and program the ECU's that control them.

The are very light duty by design but extremely accurate. They have a much higher coil count then the stepper motors used to control all of our gauges today on late model cars and trucks. When you see a gauge sweep on boot-up that is a stepper motor driven needle and that needle weighs nothing.

This is why it is critical that the camera always be installed in the Gimbal and NOTHING and I mean NOTHING be attached to or added to the assembly as it arrives.

Here's a quick and simple explanation on how stepper motors work.
http://www.pcbheaven.com/wikipages/H...r_Motors_Work/

As you will read and see in the link provided, coils are energized to move the armature. This will continue to occur until the location is achieved. If the motor is not allowed to move, those coils can quickly overheat and eventually fail. If anything is added that makes the motors or driver transistors work harder then designed they will overheat and fail.

This is the nature of the stepper motor and controller. It has nothing to do with the manufacturer so treat these little gems with respect. I am sure we will soon see additional warnings from DJI soon so they are not flooded with damaged units.
HGT is offline Find More Posts by HGT
Last edited by HGT; Jul 11, 2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 03:33 PM
Japan, Fukuoka Prefecture, Fukuoka
Joined Jun 2012
803 Posts
HighGain do you think flying with it on would ruin the motors? I haven't flown yet but after your post a bit nervous to. It's pretty light weight and a tight fit but if you feel it may do damage I will scrap that idea.

By the way, my Zenmuse motors always hum when powered on even without it moving. That is normal correct? Just a bit worried from those saying theirs made noise and then wasn't working anymore.
Bravia3D is offline Find More Posts by Bravia3D
Last edited by Bravia3D; Jul 11, 2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 03:43 PM
Ireland
Joined Mar 2013
3,359 Posts
HGT
excellent info . Thanks.
eirlink is online now Find More Posts by eirlink