HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:50 PM
Will fly for food
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined May 2011
532 Posts
Discussion
Realized my mistakes, on the the next Tilt-Rotor build

I was just sitting here and thinking about the failures of my custom autopilot that I used for my Tri and Bi-copter tiltrotor. I was calculating my angles wrong. Perhaps I'll switch to quats. Anywho, with the realization that my autopilot wasn't having hardware issues, I feel motivated to actually get together my next aircraft together without having to redo my autopilot board. I already have most of the parts sitting in my garage.

Parts list:
http://pinterest.com/ilektron/mini-m...or-components/

And yes. I use pinterest and it is awesome for hobby stuff. I plan on making this a complete tiltrotor with full transition capabilities.

Also, I recently verified that the HobbyKing 6Channel RX V2 outputs a combination of all the other channels on the 7th pin block (not quite PPM), as described here

http://blog.ilektronx.com/2013/01/ha...6-channel.html

I plan on using this fact to reduce my wiring.
ilektron is offline Find More Posts by ilektron
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:41 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilektron View Post

Also, I recently verified that the HobbyKing 6Channel RX V2 outputs a combination of all the other channels on the 7th pin block (not quite PPM), as described here

http://blog.ilektronx.com/2013/01/ha...6-channel.html

I plan on using this fact to reduce my wiring.
I think this has been removed.

Just purchased one a few days ago hoping to find the PPM on on the Battery port but it was not there. Purchased a few about a year back and it has been removed. I have some with PPM on the Battery port, is there a secret to getting it back? Sure would like to know.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:51 PM
Will fly for food
Joined May 2011
532 Posts
I hadn't even thought that there would be a difference. The RXs I have are about a year old. If you can take a hi-res post of the PCB, front and back, I'll take a look and see if I can figure it out.

I wish this were a standard.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:54 PM
Joined Aug 2009
11,692 Posts
The older ones as well as the newer ones I have all have the A7105 chip, so my best guess is, they changed the firmware.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:07 PM
Will fly for food
Joined May 2011
532 Posts
That is entirely possible. Can you confirm that the hardware didn't change?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:15 PM
Joined Aug 2009
11,692 Posts
I had some pictures but I will open a couple up and take pictures however, to the best of my recall, nothing changed.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:21 PM
Will fly for food
Joined May 2011
532 Posts
I think I need to go home and crack open and reverse engineer the HK 6ch RX tonight... Or perhaps this weekend when I have time.