Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:08 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,641 Posts
Question
Video format that keeps VBI/ET Telemetry

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to find a video format that allows me to also save the ET Telemetry data so that I can replay it later.

Most compress formats seem to remove line 21 to use less space so they won't do.

Does anyone tried this before?
Thanks
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Last edited by IceWind; Jan 15, 2013 at 11:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:39 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
IceWind, I hope you can find one (that would be cool!), but I'm pessimistic based on how we encodethe telemetry in the video stream. I suspect most video encoders will throw away all or part of the VBI data (though I could be wrong!).
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:50 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to find a video format that allows me to also save the ET Telemetry data so that I can replay it later.

Most compress formats seem to remove line 21 to use less space so they won't do.

Does anyone tried this before?
Thanks

The FPV-Japan DVR records all the video stream.

Here's a support forum for it.

I have it and it works great. Here's a link to one of my videos showing the data at the top of the screen.

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:08 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floater73 View Post
The FPV-Japan DVR records all the video stream.

Here's a support forum for it.

I have it and it works great. Here's a link to one of my videos showing the data at the top of the screen.

Steve
Hi Steve,

very interesting! i watched your video and saw the white/black patterns the first time. i use the japan-dvr too - but mine truncates the upper lines
i would like to use eagle-eyes at home during playback to view the live data.
which firmware is is on you dvr installed? which format for recording do you use?

cu Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1