HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by deadbird, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:46 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Discussion
Whats happening at the moment....

Nearing the stage where I hope to realise a dream of producing and selling kits into the hobby market!

A very exciting time but it has been and still is a very stressful journey to get this far. I'm incredibly excited and yet also very nervous about whether this idea will work in the real world.

It's realistically taken 18 months of working most of my spare time (and some work time) to get to this point and I have learned a great deal - I think the best bit has been the fact that I can now illustrate aircraft, something I didnt know I was capable of.

I have been able to use my experiences in product design to keep things moving along and ensure the product and components have been well tested before releasing into the big bad world. We'll soon see if my experience in marketing and sales come to anything.

The website will be launching on the 1st September 2012 if most things go to plan.

If you have a Spektrum AR6400 or 6400L Rx lying around or ready to fall out of a battered old UM, these kits will provide a very exciting new home for the brick!
deadbird is offline Find More Posts by deadbird
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:04 AM
Go Sabres!
Laurel, MD
Joined Aug 2004
807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbird View Post
Nearing the stage where I hope to realise a dream of producing and selling kits into the hobby market!

A very exciting time but it has been and still is a very stressful journey to get this far. I'm incredibly excited and yet also very nervous about whether this idea will work in the real world.

It's realistically taken 18 months of working most of my spare time (and some work time) to get to this point and I have learned a great deal - I think the best bit has been the fact that I can now illustrate aircraft, something I didnt know I was capable of.

I have been able to use my experiences in product design to keep things moving along and ensure the product and components have been well tested before releasing into the big bad world. We'll soon see if my experience in marketing and sales come to anything.

The website will be launching on the 1st September 2012 if most things go to plan.

If you have a Spektrum AR6400 or 6400L Rx lying around or ready to fall out of a battered old UM, these kits will provide a very exciting new home for the brick!
Very nice. Are those decals for the foam or does the foam come pre-printed? How big are the planes?
savall21 is online now Find More Posts by savall21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Video of Cincinnati Ohio
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:30 AM
Microaces Wingman
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
375 Posts
Its a sandwich of Depron Aero and a printed, lightweight covering material. There's more info on the build thread and of course I'll be putting plenty of info up onto the web site too...eventually.

Both are 1/24th scale - the Fw190 is 16" wingspan and the P51 is 17" approx.

Thanks for checking them out!

Jon
deadbird is offline Find More Posts by deadbird
Old Jul 26, 2012, 05:59 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
They look great!
I wish the FMS 1400mm birds looked that good.
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW