HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,238 Posts
I was thinking a three foot lock system at the lake shore.
For thirty feet, I would recommend building a marine rail.
You could set the track into the grade, and walk you model down
to the shore on a small cart, launch into the test pond, and lock down into lake.

Umi_Ryuzuki is offline Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,510 Posts
You will need one of these Mike.... "Slowly"

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM
Joined Oct 2004
1,301 Posts
Marine Rail System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umi_Ryuzuki View Post
I was thinking a three foot lock system at the lake shore.
For thirty feet, I would recommend building a marine rail.
You could set the track into the grade, and walk you model down
to the shore on a small cart, launch into the test pond, and lock down into lake.

I think a marine rail system would be the easiest to build and operate. Shelton is a hotbed for live steam model railroad layouts, 7" gauge, and would be a source for rails. I'm considering getting a party barge, so building a lift would be great for hauling it out, just add a smaller platform for model boats and extend tracks up the hill.

Mike
hookpilot is online now Find More Posts by hookpilot
Old Yesterday, 04:05 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,510 Posts
Hi Mike.....by the way...if you buy that house, you can tell everybody you like in a 1.25 million dollar house...because that's about what that one would sell for here in the San Francisco bay area!!

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM
Joined Oct 2004
1,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Hi Mike.....by the way...if you buy that house, you can tell everybody you like in a 1.25 million dollar house...because that's about what that one would sell for here in the San Francisco bay area!!

SteveT.
Steve: Shelton is a logging town tucked away on the Olympic Peninsula, so property values are much lower than in the Seattle area, 80 miles away and certainly lower than SF area. The downside of such a location is its remoteness. When we lived a few blocks from this house back in 2003, our main entertainment was hanging out in the local Walmart. The lake house will be a great destination location and just remote enough to not have traffic problems and other big city issues. We'll be doing a lot of traveling. It will be a nice place to come home to.

Mike
hookpilot is online now Find More Posts by hookpilot
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,510 Posts
Oh no......not Walmart!!!!...

It really is a beautiful home though, so I hope you get it!!

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member