SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:25 AM
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
It is not common, ESC's do a good job on supplying just the receiver with power. A UBEC will cause more noise.

There are no servos involved so this helps out a lot, I would not worry about it too much . If you want to pop one of these on, It can not hurt.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/products/d...prodid=spm1600

I have some in stock

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/acc...protector.html
Allan, the standard spectrum may not be the best option for adding a cap to the radio, unless you are using a spectrum rx.

The standard spectrum cap is 4700uf @10v I tried one and had OK results but found that placing the cap too close to the rx or fcboard actually causes radio interference to some of the sensors instead of electrical glitches. I use a 3300uf 16v low ESR cap with a longer lead so it's away from the board and rx and found that it does a really good job of eliminating feedback.
Atown93 is offline Find More Posts by Atown93
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:59 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atown93 View Post
Allan, the standard spectrum may not be the best option for adding a cap to the radio, unless you are using a spectrum rx.

The standard spectrum cap is 4700uf @10v I tried one and had OK results but found that placing the cap too close to the rx or fcboard actually causes radio interference to some of the sensors instead of electrical glitches. I use a 3300uf 16v low ESR cap with a longer lead so it's away from the board and rx and found that it does a really good job of eliminating feedback.
I think your comment was for WiteSpy……I am not smart enough to understand all the Cap, uf, or ESR discussion. I am just a simple man with a WiteSpy quad
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:58 AM
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida View Post
I think your comment was for WiteSpy……I am not smart enough to understand all the Cap, uf, or ESR discussion. I am just a simple man with a WiteSpy quad
My bad. This forum moves so fast sometimes. I can't remember who I'm talking too. Lol
Atown93 is offline Find More Posts by Atown93
Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:31 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atown93 View Post
My bad. This forum moves so fast sometimes. I can't remember who I'm talking too. Lol
LOL, I agree.

Changed from 8" to 9" props on my FPV WiteSpy with 4s2800mAh and 775 KV motors. I like it
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:54 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Kyle,

Not sure what you are using but looks like Naza. I had a problem getting all motors to spin at once upon arm and just ended up setting the minimum throttle to the high setting in the assistant. Can't remember exactly what it is called, but this worked for me. I had a similar problem in MultiWii that was solved basically the same way: raising the minthrottle param in config.h to like 1225. This will prevent the props from stopping as long as you don't lower the stick too far. It will also get them starting all at once if everything is calibrated properly.

e
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:25 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle925 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h9S2ckqDoY

Upgraded from hero1 to hero2 for better crisp images. Glad I got the Gopro rather than opting for the new Sony HDR-AS15.

***** Surprising problem occurred on my 3rd flight today. When I did a pre-flight check after loading a new battery, the 2 front props were the only ones spinning, and ended up flipping upon take off when I punched it. Startling problem considering this is my 62th time i'ved flown this awesome quad w/out incidence. I tried 3x and it kept flipping forward, resulting in getting my gemfan props sliced through the grass ( very strong Gemfan props ... did not even leave a mark.). I ended up replacing the battery and it corrected the problem. All 4 props were fine after that.

Very cool video….I really enjoy your videos!!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:58 PM
Joined Feb 2012
504 Posts
A witespy bites the dust ,
Quad vs Quads (1 min 28 sec)

The sun was low in the sky , I was w walking around to get into a better position with less glare , too late.
Steve34 is offline Find More Posts by Steve34
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:19 PM
Joined Jun 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Very cool video….I really enjoy your videos!!
Thanks Alan. i try to make it interesting everytime.
kyle925 is offline Find More Posts by kyle925
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:21 PM
Joined Jun 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by egaus View Post
Kyle,

Not sure what you are using but looks like Naza. I had a problem getting all motors to spin at once upon arm and just ended up setting the minimum throttle to the high setting in the assistant. Can't remember exactly what it is called, but this worked for me. I had a similar problem in MultiWii that was solved basically the same way: raising the minthrottle param in config.h to like 1225. This will prevent the props from stopping as long as you don't lower the stick too far. It will also get them starting all at once if everything is calibrated properly.

e
Thanks for the insight. Yup, it was just weird. But still, my Witespy prevails. Good thing, I usually do pre-checks before letting it fly.
kyle925 is offline Find More Posts by kyle925
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:35 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve34 View Post
A witespy bites the dust , http://youtu.be/tVkIP8XZAXU
The sun was low in the sky , I was w walking around to get into a better position with less glare , too late.
That was very cool…..except for the darn ground rising up and hitting your WiteSpy

Where was that filmed?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:39 PM
Retired Old Guy
United States, IL, New Lenox
Joined Jan 2012
607 Posts
I put 9 inch props on my WhiteSpy today. It is a tad windy but I flew it anyway. Had to keep major nose down and power up to get it through the wind but man was it ever a rockect going downwind. WHEWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! These machines are SWEET!

RWW
whitehedr is offline Find More Posts by whitehedr
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:17 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,428 Posts
You still on 3S?
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:28 PM
A Snickering Hound
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jan 2012
210 Posts
Quote:
LOL, I agree.

Changed from 8" to 9" props on my FPV WiteSpy with 4s2800mAh and 775 KV motors. I like it
Alan,

Do you run a Naza on your 4s ship? I have the motors and ESC's to convert but wasn't sure if anything else was needed.

Bob
Muddie is offline Find More Posts by Muddie
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:58 PM
United States, IN, Schererville
Joined Jan 2004
262 Posts
Quote:
LOL, I agree.

Hi Alan,
What ESC's are you using with this combo?
nike25 is online now Find More Posts by nike25
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:18 PM
Joined Feb 2012
504 Posts
Quote:
That was very cool…..except for the darn ground rising up and hitting your WiteSpy

Where was that filmed?
Suburbs of Vancouver , near USA border .
Steve34 is offline Find More Posts by Steve34