SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 07, 2011, 12:25 PM
Registered User
stretch1100's Avatar
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutyafal View Post
Forgot to mention that I flew both the stock pack and the Turnigy packs I bought (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8934) and I can say the Turnigys have noticabely more power.

My ST-1 is 90-80-70-80-90. After the 6 minute timer I put around 1100mA back into the Turnigys. I would wager you could get 8 minute of good flight out of them. For $11 they're a steal!
Is there room for a larger mah say like a 2650 and fit under the canopy ok? Say this one http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15018

I just bit the bullet and ordered a v450 yesterday. I already have some of the 2200mah turnigy packs from my Creata I can use for now but looking for longer flight time
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Last edited by stretch1100; Feb 08, 2011 at 12:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2011, 05:43 PM
This is my Nemesis....
ViperZ's Avatar
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutyafal View Post
Nah, I'm too lazy for that. I actually made up a 7cm long 3.5 mm banana plug to XT60 converter/extender. I zip-tied the original connector coming out of the ESC to the rear landing gear strut so I would stop yanking on the ESC every time I try to unplug connectors cuz mine are a bit tight. Also, when I install a battery I run the battery lead in front of the front canopy pin as to keep it out of harms (and main gear) way so I needed an extender anyways.

On the other side of the frame I have my only bling on the bird, an LED battery monitor with beeper stuck to the back side of the frame. I use a balance connector extension to plug this into the battery balance lead. I can take some pics if needed but it should be clear enough. Next time I'll also take my tach with me to get an idea on head speeds with stock vs. Turnigy batteries.
Great idea, I think I may do the same on the short extension. I would not mind seeing pictures of other's set ups, I love pictures
ViperZ is offline Find More Posts by ViperZ
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2011, 05:47 PM
This is my Nemesis....
ViperZ's Avatar
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100 View Post
Is there room for a larger mah say like a 2650 and fit under the canopy ok? Say this one http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15018

I just bit the bullet and ordered a v450 yesterday. I already have some of the 2200mah turnigy packs from my Creata I can use for now put looking for longer flight time

Good question, I would also like to know. Congrats on your V450!
ViperZ is offline Find More Posts by ViperZ
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2011, 11:20 PM
This is my Nemesis....
ViperZ's Avatar
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
I think I'm going to try a few of the 2200mah 35C packs. For the price why not? They are very close to the stock pack in dimensions and weight.

Stock = 100 x 23 x 33 LxWxH 180g

NanoT = 115 x 27 35 LxWxH 199g
ViperZ is offline Find More Posts by ViperZ
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2011, 07:33 AM
Registered User
lavneetgyani's Avatar
Delhi, India
Joined Jan 2007
67 Posts
Hi all,
just got mine without the TX since i have a 2801 pro already, please guide me with the original Tx settings for normal sport flying. The Ones DK fuji has given seem too hot. Can someone pls give me the original settings for stable sport flying.
Thanks
Lavneet
lavneetgyani is offline Find More Posts by lavneetgyani
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2011, 07:59 AM
mSR,120SR,4G6S,UFLYS,1#A, v450d
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2010
134 Posts
If you're familiar with the 2801pro and know how to set up helis in general then just set the collective and cyclic to 6, throttle curve to around 0-50-60-65-70 and pitch curve around 40-45-50-65-80 for normal mode. Set the RX pots to around 1 o'clock and your gyro gain on the radio both to around 70. Add around 30% expo on AIL, ELE and RUD and set your rudder DR to around 70% for a nice slow-ish tail.

Of course make sure you do the RX initial setup via the set button and radio properly. The best way is to put the RX in setup mode and while the red LED is blinking set the collective to around 10 and cyclic pitch to 8. Then do the RX setup steps. When finished use the swashmix menu along with a pitch gauge to dial everything down to the milder values.
kutyafal is offline Find More Posts by kutyafal
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2011, 12:58 PM
Registered User
stretch1100's Avatar
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
664 Posts
Has anyone had any problems with the esc on this not doing a slow cutoff when the battery runs down? I replace most of the walkera esc on my helis cuss some don't have soft cut off programmed in.
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2011, 10:24 PM
Registered User
lavneetgyani's Avatar
Delhi, India
Joined Jan 2007
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutyafal View Post
If you're familiar with the 2801pro and know how to set up helis in general then just set the collective and cyclic to 6, throttle curve to around 0-50-60-65-70 and pitch curve around 40-45-50-65-80 for normal mode. Set the RX pots to around 1 o'clock and your gyro gain on the radio both to around 70. Add around 30% expo on AIL, ELE and RUD and set your rudder DR to around 70% for a nice slow-ish tail.

Of course make sure you do the RX initial setup via the set button and radio properly. The best way is to put the RX in setup mode and while the red LED is blinking set the collective to around 10 and cyclic pitch to 8. Then do the RX setup steps. When finished use the swashmix menu along with a pitch gauge to dial everything down to the milder values.
Thanks a lot. This is my first experience with a FBL. I have programmed and flown the Creata for over a year but I am getting a little confused here.
I would be grateful if you could give me a step by step instruction of setting up the V450 with a new 2801 from scratch. Thanks in advance.
Cheers
lavneetgyani is offline Find More Posts by lavneetgyani
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 08:14 AM
MSR,Walkera 120D01,180Z,V450
Long Island NY
Joined Sep 2010
104 Posts
V450 Setup Sport (not so scary)

Hi lavneetgyani
I am also new to FBL including CP, I've been flying FP for almost a year. I got the V450 for Christmas and have the Wow set up which are easy to program but when I hovered the V450 first time in my living room it was scary, the V450 is an animal. I made some friends on this forum and I was given another set of setup parameters that are less scary. I will paste them below but if you'd like, I can email you a nice easy to read/use PDF. I now have both setups in my V450 but the second one is more sport than 3D but I really am new at this so untill I get this chopper out to the field so a pro can check it out for me, I'm just hovering inside. we're under ice here in NY.
Happy hovering,
~badbob

WALKERA ALT SETUP
Modell
Fernsteuerung 2801PRO (V2.3)
MDSET REVERS 2&4 REV
All 0
TRVADJ All 100%
SWAATS SWASHMIX ELEV 40,00%
AILE 40,00%
PIT 40,00%
ATSMIX ALL 0%
GYRHLD GYRSENS 0 80,00%
1 63,00%
DR&EXP ELEV POS-0 D/R 100%
EXP +45%
ELEV POS-1 D/R 100%
EXP +20%
AILE POS-0 D/R 100%
EXP +45%
AILE POS-1 D/R 100%
EXP +20%
RUDD POS-0 D/R 100%
EXP +35%
RUDD POS-1 D/R 100%
LIN
THRCURV NORM 0-25-39-56-70
ST-1 60-60-60-60-60
ST-2 80-80-80-80-80
PROGMIX All OFF
SWASH 3-servos120
INPUT
AUX 2 AUX2/GYRO
AUX 3 F.MOD
EASY HOOVER
Einfacher Rundflug
V450D01 (Dec/2010)
Subtrim
Gyro/AU2
Gear Gear
badbob10 is offline Find More Posts by badbob10
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 08:26 AM
mSR,120SR,4G6S,UFLYS,1#A, v450d
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2010
134 Posts
badbob10, the list is missing the pitch curves. At any case it's not a big deal. The main thing is to get the max + and - pitches right for all flight modes. I would recommend +6 and -3 in normal mode for indoor hovering. That plus the pots on 1-2 o'clock should be gentle enough. Now for the sound it makes in a small basement.... there is no cure for that!
kutyafal is offline Find More Posts by kutyafal
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 08:52 AM
Registered User
lavneetgyani's Avatar
Delhi, India
Joined Jan 2007
67 Posts
thanks all.... I'd love to have the PDF setup file, pls email them to:

lavneetgyani@gmail.com

and

rcd@nsouthlaw.com


Thanks a lot guys

Cheers

Lavneet
lavneetgyani is offline Find More Posts by lavneetgyani
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 09:46 AM
Registered User
stretch1100's Avatar
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavneetgyani View Post
thanks all.... I'd love to have the PDF setup file, pls email them to:


Cheers

Lavneet
Sent
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:27 AM
Registered User
lavneetgyani's Avatar
Delhi, India
Joined Jan 2007
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100 View Post
Sent
I cant seem to see the attachment with the mail....is it zipped that the macbook cant see??
lavneetgyani is offline Find More Posts by lavneetgyani
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:37 AM
Registered User
lavneetgyani's Avatar
Delhi, India
Joined Jan 2007
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavneetgyani View Post
I cant seem to see the attachment with the mail....is it zipped that the macbook cant see??
just managed to open it, thanks!!
lavneetgyani is offline Find More Posts by lavneetgyani
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:43 AM
Registered User
lavneetgyani's Avatar
Delhi, India
Joined Jan 2007
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob10 View Post
Hi lavneetgyani
I am also new to FBL including CP, I've been flying FP for almost a year. I got the V450 for Christmas and have the Wow set up which are easy to program but when I hovered the V450 first time in my living room it was scary, the V450 is an animal. I made some friends on this forum and I was given another set of setup parameters that are less scary. I will paste them below but if you'd like, I can email you a nice easy to read/use PDF. I now have both setups in my V450 but the second one is more sport than 3D but I really am new at this so untill I get this chopper out to the field so a pro can check it out for me, I'm just hovering inside. we're under ice here in NY.
Happy hovering,
~badbob

WALKERA ALT SETUP
Modell
Fernsteuerung 2801PRO (V2.3)
MDSET REVERS 2&4 REV
All 0
TRVADJ All 100%
SWAATS SWASHMIX ELEV 40,00%
AILE 40,00%
PIT 40,00%
ATSMIX ALL 0%
GYRHLD GYRSENS 0 80,00%
1 63,00%
DR&EXP ELEV POS-0 D/R 100%
EXP +45%
ELEV POS-1 D/R 100%
EXP +20%
AILE POS-0 D/R 100%
EXP +45%
AILE POS-1 D/R 100%
EXP +20%
RUDD POS-0 D/R 100%
EXP +35%
RUDD POS-1 D/R 100%
LIN
THRCURV NORM 0-25-39-56-70
ST-1 60-60-60-60-60
ST-2 80-80-80-80-80
PROGMIX All OFF
SWASH 3-servos120
INPUT
AUX 2 AUX2/GYRO
AUX 3 F.MOD
EASY HOOVER
Einfacher Rundflug
V450D01 (Dec/2010)
Subtrim
Gyro/AU2
Gear Gear
Thanks a lot!! A nice cool 70 deg here in New Delhi...lotsa flying the creata and the bigger birds ....and not through windows
lavneetgyani is offline Find More Posts by lavneetgyani
Last edited by lavneetgyani; Feb 09, 2011 at 10:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Walkera 400d or Walkera Brushless Cb100 or Heli max 6 channel heli blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jul 07, 2010 08:03 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#6 or Walkera 4#6s? red_storm Micro Helis 8 Jul 07, 2010 12:17 AM
Discussion Upgrade my Walkera 4#3B or just get a Walkera 4#6? tumble2k Micro Helis 7 Mar 26, 2010 07:30 PM
For Sale Walkera 68 & Walkera 36 Parts bretware Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Aug 29, 2009 05:23 PM
Wanted Walkera Lama2 or Walkera 5G6-1 night_life Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Aug 27, 2009 04:20 AM