to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:57 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Feb 2002
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarl Of Whirl View Post
Hey Kody.

Regarding next weeks MAR/C board meeting on Wed Nov 14th starting at 7pm..
in which the potential MAR/C FPV ban will be further discussed.

What is Digipen's street address?

Which after work hours access door do those that want to attend use?
9931 Willows Rd NE, Redmond, Washington 98052

Use the main front door. They should buzz you in and then check in at the desk.
kody'd'punk is offline Find More Posts by kody'd'punk
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:59 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
Anyone interested in a seldom flown EG 57" MX2 electric?

$225 paypal gift (buying new computer hardware via Newegg/paypal) and you can swing by my house anytime
SOLD. Thanks Henry, and to the guys who pointed it out to him!! I owe you guys a cold one!
WOO HOO a cold one!!

I was just being nice by posting where those who don't frequent this forum can see.. but if there's free beer involved I'll step up and take you up on it Cry!

Just glad you found a home for her.
D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:17 PM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFloth View Post
WOO HOO a cold one!!

I was just being nice by posting where those who don't frequent this forum can see.. but if there's free beer involved I'll step up and take you up on it Cry!

Just glad you found a home for her.
D-Man

Heck, I already owe you bigtime for the hot coffee at Huck.
That was a lifesaver!

thank you again
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:14 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
If we are selling stuff I got an ES Composite Pipe 55 with mount, a Hacker A60-18L with mount, and an Extreme Flight 48" Laser, 38" DW Foamies Extra, make me an offer.

Maybe we should have a Veteran's Day Flash Mob party and swap meet? someone bring a warbird!

And yes, D-Man makes great Huck coffee.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:17 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Apr 2007
418 Posts
Hey, I just wanted to say I got some crack at lunch - thanks Joel. That was fun, after a long hiatus doing rotating wing thingies, and other stuff. Now, to just figure out what I'm doing.
Maybe next year I'll even be allowed to fly at Marymoor, yay
On another note, Vitter; I got it - fairly consistently Then the wind picked up.
spiked3 is online now Find More Posts by spiked3
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:00 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
Maybe we should have a Veteran's Day Flash Mob party and swap meet?
Looks like my suggestion was a fail lol. I have images of crickets, lead balloons and blank stares.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:03 PM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Looks like my suggestion was a fail lol. I have images of crickets, lead balloons and blank stares.
lol
Nov 11..brrr cold!
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:43 PM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Sep 2012
933 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
lol
Nov 11..brrr cold!
Lol I'll be out preping my dog sled team.
Oh how I miss our 3 dry-warm-sunny-months a year. Mid July to Mid Oct.
Mr Whirl is offline Find More Posts by Mr Whirl
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:49 PM
Joined Mar 2012
175 Posts
Quote:
Maybe we should have a Veteran's Day Flash Mob party and swap meet? someone bring a warbird!
MAR/C newsletter announces a swap meet at the Nov 15 meeting. Yes, the same meeting they announce the new club officers.
dand2k is offline Find More Posts by dand2k
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:55 PM
Joined Mar 2012
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarl Of Whirl View Post
Regarding next weeks MAR/C board meeting on Wed Nov 14th starting at 7pm.
[edited post to clarify dates/times]
The next MAR/C "board" meeting is Wed 14th starting at 7 pm
The next MAR/C "members" meeting is Thu Nov 15th 7 pm to 9:30 pm
Last edited by dand2k; Nov 09, 2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: dates correction
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:02 PM
Joined Mar 2012
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcannon98 View Post
Hey, Guys I am in the final phase of trying to organize a series of indoor flying events. The facility is the Southwest Teen Life Center; it is located in West Seattle near Chief Stealth high school. I have access on Sundays afternoons. The exact time is still to be determined. The center has a large full size gymnasium, which we would use as our flying area, tables, and electrical outlets are available. Tentative dates are November 11, 18 and December 2,9,16. There would not be any fee for entry, but for the November dates, I am considering asking for a donation of a can of food for your entry. All food donated will be given in the name of our group (NCC indoor or whatever) to local charity. I need whatever help I can get on organizing this event, and anyone’s advice and help would be greatly appreciated.
Has anyone followed up on this or know if it worked out? Will be an indoor flying event on Nov 11th?
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:25 PM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Sep 2012
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dand2k View Post
Correction, the next MAR/C meeting is Thu Nov 15th 7 pm to 9:30 pm
Correction Correction

There are actually two MAR/C meetings each month.
This month:
Board Meeting Nov 14th 7 to 9pm Digipen.
Members Meeting Nov 15th 7 to 9pm Lake Sam School Admin Building.

The board meetings are apparently open to members but not well advertised. And because of this current board protocol, the highly controversial now pending MAR/C FPV ban decision ignited FPV member out-cry and near mob revolution. Can you image if our state goverenment was run like this, the legislator voting on new laws without open public input? Wait that's exactly what they did and why we have evolved from carrying pitch forks, rope & torches to now rallying for and voting on referendums and initiatives as well as demanding open public hearings. Sorry got all fired up for a second.
Mr Whirl is offline Find More Posts by Mr Whirl
Last edited by Mr Whirl; Nov 09, 2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:44 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxky View Post
Those numbers are interesting Joe. The 25C GensAce beat the GensAce 60C and they had the largest voltage recovery at rest.

How many cycles were these packs broken in for?
You raise a good point, the 25C did have a few more break in cycles then the 60's however I made sure they all had a least 6 cycles before I tested them. Maybe 6 is not enough? My cynical nature assumed the 60's were all hype but...? Also I had a discussion with Stuart Maxwell (Stumax Fans) who said inductive and resistive loads could give different results so guess what's next on my tester list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d View Post
Do you really notice a lot more punch throughout with the higher C packs?
That was one of my first questions and I partially answered it by running different C ratings on my jet and compared speed results. The difference between a 25C and 65C was over 15mph with 35C somewhere in the middle. To get a feel on "punch" I lent SupaTim an armful of different batteries and asked him to do a serious eval since my capability at 3D could not discern a difference. He said he could really feel the difference with the better ones, they would give him more "grunt" pushing through complex maneuvers. In fact he first came to me and said he didn't think electric was going to work for him based on what he was experiencing. After flying my TP65C in place of his (I think) 25C Nano he said it was way better, something about a feeling like "being pulled up from the ankles to push his plane over the top" as opposed to falling off to the side. [HOW DID YOU PHRASE THAT TIMMY? It was a cool expression that I just butchered]
MCSGUY is online now Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:53 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kody'd'punk View Post
Don't feel dumb when those TP packs last for way more cycles...
You're probably right but I was disappointed when my TP failed (like turning off a switch at about 165A). So I pulled out a second one, charged it up and viola! same fracking thing, only this time the shrink tube stretched so I could that see that the 4mm bullet pulled away from the wire because the solder melted (4mm is too small to support the supposed 65C)! It was the link connection between the split packs so not only did replacing the 4mm with a 6mm bullet fix the problem I picked up another ~5% in amperage. Initally the Revolectix was dominating but after the change the TP came out on top (but not by much).
MCSGUY is online now Find More Posts by MCSGUY