HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:54 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
K49.......you do look young for your years........the Big K50 talks about you with a gleam in his eye.....

Nitro residue is proof that you had fun.....why wipe it off? (Some pretty bad jokes running through my mind, but I must not rant for fear of a DR chastisement!)

Ho hum.......time to go pull out the furnace blower and rebuild it.......freezing temps are on the way!!!!!
LOL...no mas....no mas

All good....I tell ya I wipe down UGH's at the end of every season whether she needs it or not!!!

.....and please send the freezing temps!
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2013, 01:02 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,861 Posts
That is a good article and My Crackberry z10 s which I was given to from work so If the cells go away Hooray is all I can say lol

DOG thats a bummer sorry to hear that

Yes we remember 911 all too well.

Well I fly Nitro whenever I fly and my skin still looks like a dried potato

Been trying to catch up but this thread just humms, But thats a good thing.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 11, 2013, 02:33 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Well I fly Nitro whenever I fly and my skin still looks like a dried potato
Cigarettes.......blame the cigarettes! Just a suggestion, cause COPD is just around the corner.......nag, nag, nag.......Ok that's my public service announcement for the day!

Ended up ripping the furnace completely apart.........the 5 flame rails looked like they were out of some accelerated corrosion experiment, of course I broke a limit switch getting them out so I had to replace that too. I got the blower motor to run but the bearings are sealed and not replaceable........I'll have to get one if I can find one......3 speed, 3/4 hp double-shafted affair that's got my local motor rewind shop stumped already! I've got a email sent to the manufacturer in TX (Goodman)...we'll see if they have replacement parts for a 26 year old furnace! I just don't want to put a furnace into this dump! NOBODY wants a house this big up here.......too expensive to heat >$4,000/year!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Sep 11, 2013, 02:38 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,459 Posts
that's the same situation I was in earlier this year; ended up replacing the entire furnace...of course, I was expecting it.
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Sep 11, 2013, 02:53 PM
United States, SD, Viborg
Joined Nov 2012
106 Posts
$4000/year! Son of That would build a lot of tweplicas.
cben is offline Find More Posts by cben
Old Sep 11, 2013, 04:35 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,119 Posts
A few of our children want us to keep the house so they can fix it up and have a place to come to and reminisce, which we'll probably do, but not if we have to pay the bills!!!! I just want out of here.....and if I have to stay in the area........I want a much smaller house with an insulated wood shop/ metal shop/charcuterie/ butcher shop/sugar shack/home brewery/RC storage and construction/ building that can serve as my dog house! (Then I don't have to go outside in the winter!) But I'll be happy if I have a vehicle to live in when I'm 65, let alone a house!!!! Work till you die!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 05:39 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,459 Posts
Offer to sell them the house...so they can fix it up and you can move south!

That idea of coming to reminisce gets old quick. When my parents moved out of our house (where we lived for 24 years) I was originally sad and had some of those same feelings, but my wife and I eventually realized it was the people in the house that made it special much more than the house itself.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 11, 2013, 07:25 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Offer to sell them the house...so they can fix it up and you can move south!
He sounds like a reverse Morgage candidate.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 11, 2013, 09:35 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,965 Posts
Haha... age 62 can't get here fast enough :P
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Sep 11, 2013, 09:37 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,459 Posts
Ha...62 is just a number...meaningless in the context of my retirement!
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 11, 2013, 09:40 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,965 Posts
Quote:
Ha...62 is just a number...meaningless in the context of my retirement!
That is the minimum age to qualify for a reverse mortgage... at least it was when I used to write mortgages.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Sep 11, 2013, 09:48 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Haha... age 62 can't get here fast enough :P
YES it can.... and the closer it gets... the more things HURT.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Last edited by DaOldGuy; Sep 12, 2013 at 06:02 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:59 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,591 Posts
Quote:
Good day all, just wanted to mention that it is September 11th.

Never Forget.
+ 1 Have not forgotten. Can't forget. Won't forget!
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:08 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Cigarettes.......blame the cigarettes! Just a suggestion, cause COPD is just around the corner.......nag, nag, nag.......Ok that's my public service announcement for the day!

Ended up ripping the furnace completely apart.........the 5 flame rails looked like they were out of some accelerated corrosion experiment, of course I broke a limit switch getting them out so I had to replace that too. I got the blower motor to run but the bearings are sealed and not replaceable........I'll have to get one if I can find one......3 speed, 3/4 hp double-shafted affair that's got my local motor rewind shop stumped already! I've got a email sent to the manufacturer in TX (Goodman)...we'll see if they have replacement parts for a 26 year old furnace! I just don't want to put a furnace into this dump! NOBODY wants a house this big up here.......too expensive to heat >$4,000/year!
Snowman -- Try Graingers, I can usually find an obscure motor there is all else fails. They have a very thick catalog, and I think also on line. Need to match HP, frame type, rpm, etc. Try their 800 number with the motor in front of you so you can answer all the questions.
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Sep 12, 2013, 08:53 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,119 Posts
Thanks NoMatta........I was going to save them for last as the last time I tried to view their catalog online I was bombarded with spam from them.......never did get the printed catalog either!!!

Man......2013 has been the worst year for me ever! I plopped down in the easy chair this morning with a plate of BACON and eggs (breakfast).......spread a bib over my gut and put a quart of ice water within easy reach (not my choice of beverage, especially when you want something to quench your thirst from all the salt and to be able to cut the grease..........orange juice is the premium bacon aperitif!). Grabbed the remote and turned on the T.V.......only to have the dang picture tube pop and sizzle.......now the top 1/3 of the picture is gone......replaced with a bright white line and a whole lot of nothing!!!! Now I'm going to have to purchase one of those new-fangled, flat-screen, HD, monstrosities that show just way too much detail!
The tally continues.........this year can't get over soon enough for me!!!!!

On a brighter note.......I'm getting to preview an estate sale today that starts on Friday........AND there's thousands of board feet of rough sawn birdseye maple!!!! Tight-grained, closely knotted, figured birdseye sells for between $6-$24 a board foot.......and they're selling it for pennies.........and I gave them a fair appraisal, but they just don't want to deal with selling it piece by piece.........I'm so excited I could just #@%$! A 10 hp electric generator that I know was only used twice and it's $25!!!!! A 6 hp rototiller for $10........that's crazy! I do a lot of buying and selling......locally as well as on Ebay........so this just might be a good day!!!!