HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2013, 02:23 PM
United States, MD, Cambridge
Joined Jan 2011
390 Posts
Ruben, thanks for the info! Also, awesome Mt. Shasta video! Was that all flown LOS?

Quote:
Does the motor mount allow for the motor to be mounted inboard? Or does it have to hang off the back?

--I leave that up to the builder, I have 2 wings set up that way just to try it out. I would say that the motor mount could restrict air flow if prop is too close. I'll post picture of my blue wing.
Okay, I see what you mean in that pic of your wing. Very cool looking wing, by the way! How do you get your pain lines so sharp? I tried painting a wing with Blue Painters tape and Krylon Fusion paints, and it looked terrible. I might have been too impatient and painted heavily, I don't remember. Looks like butt though.

Quote:
Would a Power Up 450 Jet be overkill, or friggin' awesome? My intended setup would be 3S, but I've run this motor on 4S on my Prodigy wing and hit +/- 115MPH. High-speed aerial video would be pretty rad!

--LOL! Holy cow! That looks like a fun motor. My motors are running about 300watts so I would say yes! =) I never seen a Flinch do 100+mph before...lol
It sure is stiff as hell to handle it, just mod the elevons to hold it. I should buy some of these motors....FAST!
It would definitely make for an interesting setup I suspect it'd end up making a lot more noise than anything though, especially if mounted inboard.

Quote:
Is SierraRc the only option for ordering one of these dudes, or are you still selling just the cores? Did you ever sell just the cores? I thought I saw something about selling just the cores a few pages back.

--Yes and Yes =) SierraRC is a friend who live by me and wanted to help me out. Pete, is a super nice guy to work with. I ship stuff out to but it take me longer. My kids and work keep me busy. I have sold 1 core before.... I felt bad because it seemed that he needed more stuff to put it together. Less time to hunt down all the parts.
Hmmm, okay. My thought was that I already have coroplast and a bunch of lam. But I'd still need the spars and a motor mount. Probably would be easier to just purchase a whole kit.

Quote:
Anybody try making the wings removable?

--Not yet? That would se so sweet too. Id have to go to the hobbyshop and look for some spars to fit up. Im sure that would save so much room for over seas trips.
I have an idea using CF spars and tubes, but I can't figure out a way to cleanly join the sections. I've seen people use tape but I'm not into that, it'd require carrying a roll of tape around. Regardless, 37 inches is plenty compact enough to lug around in my car so I'm sold on that!

- - -

Another thing I meant to ask is do you have any closeup pics of the GoPro cutout on any of your wings? I guess you're basically cutting out an L-shaped shelf on the front?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions!
fnffishcore is offline Find More Posts by fnffishcore
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2013, 07:26 PM
New Beeeeee
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Apr 2011
863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnffishcore View Post
Ruben, thanks for the info! Also, awesome Mt. Shasta video! Was that all flown LOS?
-- I was using my Fatshark 5.8ghz set up. so fast and nothing to mess with. Ill be redoing the video, guys on Flitetest did not like the 1st song....... =(

Another thing I meant to ask is do you have any closeup pics of the GoPro cutout on any of your wings? I guess you're basically cutting out an L-shaped shelf on the front?
-- I have some on my facebook page. i'll have to hunt them down on my computer =)

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions!
Your Welcome,
Ruben
RUBNorris is offline Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Old Sep 03, 2013, 10:10 PM
New Beeeeee
Joined Apr 2011
863 Posts
ok new video is loading up, well new track.

SweepWings Vacation PG-13 video Flinch in Mt. Shasta (0 min 0 sec)
Old Sep 04, 2013, 07:12 AM
United States, MD, Cambridge
Joined Jan 2011
390 Posts
Okay, I've already Liked your Facebook page, I'll go check it out now........
fnffishcore is offline Find More Posts by fnffishcore
Old Sep 08, 2013, 03:57 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,119 Posts
are there any alternatives to the hextronix servos? the place i ordered mine from royally screwed me over...ordered them 2 weeks ago and still no sign of them....at least they refunded my money...and said that they still shipped them ...that was on monday last week...so I'm not counting on them showing up anytime soon or at all.
and hobbyking is backordered...who knows how long that would take...i have everything else i need to complete the project...just not my damn servos...unless you think some 9gram mg servos can get the job done..i have 2 of those layingaround.
anyways...I'm a bit desperate at this point and want to get my wing flying...
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Sep 08, 2013, 04:11 PM
New Beeeeee
Joined Apr 2011
863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
are there any alternatives to the hextronix servos? the place i ordered mine from royally screwed me over...ordered them 2 weeks ago and still no sign of them....at least they refunded my money...and said that they still shipped them ...that was on monday last week...so I'm not counting on them showing up anytime soon or at all.
and hobbyking is backordered...who knows how long that would take...i have everything else i need to complete the project...just not my damn servos...unless you think some 9gram mg servos can get the job done..i have 2 of those layingaround.
anyways...I'm a bit desperate at this point and want to get my wing flying...
Send me a email and ill send you mine i have here.
Old Sep 08, 2013, 04:11 PM
Picture a worm wearing goggles
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Feb 2012
1,837 Posts
I am super happy with these. Very smooth, strong, cheap, and quiet

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
snipeworm is online now Find More Posts by snipeworm
Old Sep 08, 2013, 04:12 PM
Picture a worm wearing goggles
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Feb 2012
1,837 Posts
Nice! Ruben to the rescue!
snipeworm is online now Find More Posts by snipeworm
Old Sep 08, 2013, 04:36 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBNorris View Post
Send me a email and ill send you mine i have here.
really? that is so awesome of you....can you pm me your email address?

edit....found your email address....
Last edited by SDSURFnGLIDE; Sep 08, 2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2013, 04:51 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,119 Posts
email sent....thank you ruben!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:53 AM
United States, CT, Meriden
Joined Mar 2012
157 Posts
Hi,

How can I place an order for one of these wings? I'm currently flying the TBS Caipirinha and would like something that is a little more stable in the air as well as a bit faster. Can this wing be purchased along with the servos and motors as a package?
salmans21 is offline Find More Posts by salmans21
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:35 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,119 Posts
i got mine from www.sierrarc.com, it was just the wing kit...i bought everything else separate...
Ruben....do you offer a complete build package?
Old Sep 11, 2013, 02:13 PM
United States, CT, Meriden
Joined Mar 2012
157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
i got mine from www.sierrarc.com, it was just the wing kit...i bought everything else separate...
Ruben....do you offer a complete build package?
Thanks for the website! I noticed that they also sell a 1000 and 880 kv motor....will either of those work on this wing?

They also have a hobbyking 60a esc for sale on the same sight...will this be ok for the wing?

(Trying to get as many parts from a single vendor as possible.)
salmans21 is offline Find More Posts by salmans21
Old Sep 11, 2013, 04:08 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmans21 View Post
Thanks for the website! I noticed that they also sell a 1000 and 880 kv motor....will either of those work on this wing?

They also have a hobbyking 60a esc for sale on the same sight...will this be ok for the wing?

(Trying to get as many parts from a single vendor as possible.)
for my juggernaut build i ended up going with an ntm prop drive 35-36 1800 kv and the hk 60a esc....
Old Sep 11, 2013, 08:14 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,119 Posts
Ruben...just wanted to let you know that i got the servos you sent me.....thank you so much for helping me out!