HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 06, 2014, 08:04 AM
Learning to fly.......FAST!!
Australia, VIC, Bentleigh East
Joined Mar 2013
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
So its going to be back in stock in May? Sweet! I previously purchased this plane but returned it since I wanted something else, but now I'm looking into getting this plane again. The problem is though, I don't have a transmitter anymore (sold it off to fund RC Cars), but Parkzone's site says Late May for the Archer. I was thinking of maybe backordering it and then saving up for a transmitter after that.

Sorry about my rant. I'm just excited to learn its still in the market.
All good things come to those who wait. lol! I feel your excitement. It's a nice looking/flying plane. You could always get the RTF version with transmitter (DX4e). I bought one recently because that's all they had in stock but it came with a Mode 1 transmitter. Not that I will need to use it because I have a better, programmable one but it will come in handy for when the kids want to learn to fly. I just finished converting it to Mode 2 and will be putting in a throttle cut switch this week.
RCWASP is online now Find More Posts by RCWASP
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2014, 08:16 AM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWASP View Post
All good things come to those who wait. lol! I feel your excitement. It's a nice looking/flying plane. You could always get the RTF version with transmitter (DX4e). I bought one recently because that's all they had in stock but it came with a Mode 1 transmitter. Not that I will need to use it because I have a better, programmable one but it will come in handy for when the kids want to learn to fly. I just finished converting it to Mode 2 and will be putting in a throttle cut switch this week.
Oh yeah it is a really nice looking plane! Especially since I'm more into the civilian aircraft, and there seems to be an overload of military planes, so its nice to see this plane out there. On the civilian side, its mainly cub after cub after cub. So this is different and awesome! I was thinking of the RTF version, but since its coming late May, I'm thinking I'll put it on backorder, and by the time they ship it out, I *should* have myself a Spektrum DX6i or the sorts.
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2014, 08:45 AM
Joined Nov 2013
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thosmosis View Post
Maybe a Version 2, at regular (non discounted) price?

With retracts, lights and Flaps.
They could add the flaps and lights but the full scale Piper Archer is fixed-gear.
lanceguballa is offline Find More Posts by lanceguballa
Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM
What tree?
Yucca Valley, California
Joined Aug 2005
1,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceguballa View Post
They could add the flaps and lights but the full scale Piper Archer is fixed-gear.
They could just rename it Piper Arrow.

I'm debating whether or not I want to cut flaps into my 2nd wing. Do the "If I could do it over again" stuff..
Rampage is offline Find More Posts by Rampage
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM
USA, MO, O'Fallon
Joined Dec 2003
2,033 Posts
Maidened my Archer this afternoon. Fun little plane that handled the light breeze well. I was flying off a soccer field so the landings and take-offs were not pretty and my flight time was shortened by the arrival of soccer practitioners.

I am not sure this RC plane really needs flaps as the landings were fairly slow already. It could have used a horn or something to let people know that the field was "in use" (five soccer fields in this park and people decided to use the one with some poor guy trying to fly? I nearly had a heart attack when a pregnant woman ran across the field as I was lining up to land.).

Anyway, it looped and rolled with ease, inverted flight was as expected for a plane with dihedral and slowed down nicely foursome low passes. Very relaxing once I got the trims right, and no bad habits that I could find.

Thanks, ParkZone.
martimer is offline Find More Posts by martimer
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM
What tree?
Yucca Valley, California
Joined Aug 2005
1,799 Posts
Most people actually find that it comes in pretty hot. That's been one of the most universal comments about the plane--the landings are hot. Which makes sense since it's got a fairly thin wing.

I put the flaps on it for kicks. I don't really think it needed it but they sure do look cool.

Like the full-scale taper-winged Cherokees/Archers/Arrows, it will tipstall pretty violently if slowed down too much.
Rampage is offline Find More Posts by Rampage
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM
USA, MO, O'Fallon
Joined Dec 2003
2,033 Posts
After flying mine today that comes as a complete shock. I have a lot of trouble "flying planes to the ground" but my little Archer just floated down to the ground. I made some slow, tight, turns (to my eye) with no problems. I bet I get bit "next time"! Today she was a complete pussycat.

The plane I have had to stop flying is my ParkZone Extra 300 because that thing comes in blazing fast and I have no paved runway available. So, landings are always an adventure for me. The plane (the Extra) is fun to fly but a handful for me to land without flipping it over. I know many others do not seem to have this issue with it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 06:15 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Mar 2014
107 Posts
it is possible to put a camera (keychain camera) on the front of this plane? I do not know which one to get, the parkzone archer or the apprentice S, i am very new to RC and my only experience has been flying the dji fc40 phantmom, although i have many years of microsoft flight simulator experience.
clayton4115 is offline Find More Posts by clayton4115
Old Today, 09:25 AM
USA, MO, O'Fallon
Joined Dec 2003
2,033 Posts
I would think that a small and light camera would be fine.

I recommend that you try to find a local club with a training program and join up. Flight simulators are very different from flying in the real world (more than just no reset button). I am sure your skills are near perfect, but nothing beats experience!
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 09:48 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Mar 2014
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martimer View Post
I would think that a small and light camera would be fine.

I recommend that you try to find a local club with a training program and join up. Flight simulators are very different from flying in the real world (more than just no reset button). I am sure your skills are near perfect, but nothing beats experience!
Thanks although I would prefer the apprentice I think given my position I should go down the archer route.
clayton4115 is offline Find More Posts by clayton4115