HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2014, 06:14 PM
Joined Sep 2005
978 Posts
No, really. The thread is a hot mess.

I landed on this page looking for a small quad brushed ESC driver. What I found here is literally a picture of a deadbug and a reference to some other thread. (Not even a link, but a vague reference.) Not only that, but it's a picture of the connectors of the deadbug, not what the actual functional components are (presumably on the other side).

It's a neat project, but between the frustration of wading through tons of superfluous, just-here-for-historical-purposes, and back and forth references to other stuff in these threads and just buying a $40 quad, most people will just go buy the $40 quad unless they have a real need to build something that they simply can't buy. There are some good reasons to DIY something like this, but I don't think they apply to most people around here.

So the clicks are going to be for entertainment purposes, and that includes attachment clicks, at the very least until someone cleans it up/rehashes it.
GoatZilla is online now Find More Posts by GoatZilla
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2014, 08:03 PM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
if youve browsed this thread you should know NOTHING is ot here. lol!
Some of us like chaos
Zr_Flyer is online now Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H
Old Apr 05, 2014, 08:47 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swansea
Joined Apr 2010
3,497 Posts
$18 diy quad... COMPLETE! w/video

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatZilla View Post
No, really. The thread is a hot mess.

I landed on this page looking for a small quad brushed ESC driver. What I found here is literally a picture of a deadbug and a reference to some other thread.
There's a fair bit of Brushed ESC IN this thread, post 1650 you can see the middle tight hand PCB is a FET board.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1921870

Still a bit of searching as it a related topic rather than the main topic.
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Apr 07, 2014, 06:59 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatZilla View Post
No, really. The thread is a hot mess. I landed on this page looking for a small quad brushed ESC driver.
So the clicks are going to be for entertainment purposes, and that includes attachment clicks, at the very least until someone cleans it up/rehashes it.
you dont have to be nicer but maybe try smarter yourself. looks like youre in the wrong thread. wrong forum actually. strikes me that diy electronics or multirotor electronics areas would be the place to go for esc circuits. this thread was one of the first showing non-technical people how to use the board from a toy wlt quad to make a homegrown mini-multi for about 1/3 what the full blown v939 cost at that time. no $40 toys back then.

judging by views, downloads, and the many builds shown off here this was quite successful. the brushed esc only mentioned in passing was described in detail in another thread which was referenced and would have been easy to locate with search or dave1993 threads started. regarding off topic see this posted post #1 here and of virtually all my other diy threads:

Quote:
word to the wise. if you are confused by technical discussions or upset by off topic posts then better to go no further than page one. everything you need to complete the project should be here. let me know if theres anything missing.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Apr 07, 2014, 07:01 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr_Flyer View Post
Some of us like chaos
haha... yes i admit to a certain fondness for the "c" word. what the heck, its still in my paste buffer:

Quote:
word to the wise. if you are confused by technical discussions or upset by off topic posts then better to go no further than page one. everything you need to complete the project should be here. let me know if theres anything missing.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:09 AM
Joined Jun 2011
1 Posts
hello everybody
I have HobbyKing 6ch radio (v2)
Which FC to choose? 939? Or is there something better?
Daredee is online now Find More Posts by Daredee
Old Apr 14, 2014, 03:01 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swansea
Joined Apr 2010
3,497 Posts
If you build DIY Hubsan Tx module (click my user name and look at my posts) you can use Hubsan X4 Fc, the has self levelling and the ability to turn off flips, DIY module can cost as little as £8 depending on which parts and spec you want.
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Apr 14, 2014, 05:14 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,622 Posts
yeah... but it dont work with his hk v2 (great radio) while the v939 and v929 boards do. i do lament that hubsan chose to trailblaze instead of remain flysky compatible. or that none of the flysky compatible quads have accelerometer. accelerometer is definitely a nice feature... as long as it can be disabled for "sport" flying.

i wonder what the deal is with these new flying tinkerbells. are they cheap? do they have acccel? gyro? they look pretty stable in the videos.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 05:22 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,266 Posts
Hi Dave,
If you are talking about the truly nano sized multicopters at <6cm diameter ~$40 Hubsan Nano Q4 and the rebranded Estes ad Revel Proto X and Syncro, and the ~$25 WLToys V272 clone, yes they all have accelerometers and they can be calibrated for level.

Estes Proto X Nano RTF/Hubsan Q4 Nano
- WLtoys v272 nano quad -

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:

i wonder what the deal is with these new flying tinkerbells. are they cheap? do they have acccel? gyro? they look pretty stable in the videos.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Apr 14, 2014, 05:24 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,622 Posts
yeah but not flysky compatible. unless ive missed something... BIG TIME.
Last edited by dave1993; Apr 14, 2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 06:09 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,622 Posts
btw when i said tinkerbells i meant tinkerbells. the little flying fairies that drift around the room. and by fairies i dont mean...
Old Apr 14, 2014, 07:56 PM
Joined Apr 2014
2 Posts
Awesome video. ! I have a spare v959 QC at home and I will def be building this setup.. thanks for the post.. keep up the good work..
RockingCrawler is offline Find More Posts by RockingCrawler
Old Apr 15, 2014, 06:15 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,622 Posts
hey, welcome to the circus. im glad you like this project. dont forget to take some pics and post your progress.