HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:35 AM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2012
782 Posts
Spektrum DX18 owners support
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25700126

Spektrum™ DX18 AirWare™ Version 1.04D (25 July 2013)

This version requires that you have installed version 1.04 (8 April 2013) first.

This version might erase ALL models on your radio.

Before you install this update, you must export any models you wish to preserve. After the update, you need to import them and re-bind them.

Please do NOT turn off the transmitter during this update process! It may take up to 2 minutes for the update to be completely executed. The progress bar will flash and move and pause several times as part of the update process.

Do not revert to an earlier version after applying this update.

Corrections
• Improves connection reliability.

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS:

Verify that your radio is currently at version 1.04 or 1.04C. If it is not, download and install version 1.04 (8 April 2013) first. Note that you need to export all your models prior to installing version 1.04.

Once your radio is confirmed to be at version 1.04 or 1.04C, install version 1.04D. Upon completion of the update, go to the Serial Number screen (use NEXT several times from System Settings). Highlight the version number and click the roller. This will display the versions of several components. Verify that the RF PID is now properly displayed as ET.

If you had to install version 1.04, now you may import your models again. You will need to re-bind them.
czorzella is online now Find More Posts by czorzella
Last edited by czorzella; Jul 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:15 AM
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Oct 2009
261 Posts
Does Mr. Knight's "6-servo" template still work with this newest version of Airware?
olythom is offline Find More Posts by olythom
Old Jul 30, 2013, 01:01 AM
Honolulu, HI , United States
Joined May 2000
307 Posts
@pmmccleave: Pat - Yes, just note the GPS coordinates BEFORE you shutoff your TX and you will find your plane within a few yards of stated location.

Joe
joesoar is offline Find More Posts by joesoar
Old Jul 30, 2013, 02:00 PM
Sherman Knight
Kirkland Washington
Joined Feb 2002
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olythom View Post
Does Mr. Knight's "6-servo" template still work with this newest version of Airware?
Yes it does

Sherman Knight
Team Horizon Hobby Sailplane
duworm is offline Find More Posts by duworm
Old Jul 30, 2013, 11:07 PM
Don't grow up, it's a TRAP !!!
Australia, QLD, Elimbah
Joined Jan 2005
1,284 Posts
Vario

For some time now I've been keen on a vario for my scale sailplanes.
I've been using Spektrum for some time but I had never seen an indication of a vario telemetry module from Spektrum.

Resigning myself to the idea of building my own (I cant justify $400-$500 on something with whistles and bells when all I want is the beeps ), I ordered all the parts to build one of THESE.

Almost all of the parts have arrived now, and then my son says from behind the laptop, "Hey dad, ... have you seen THIS???"

Hmmmm ... struth!!! ... what do I do now??? Do I build the DIY vario or do I wait until the Spektrum one is released?

My question to the forum is, is there any idea of a release date for the Spektrum VARIO module?

It doesn't have to be exact. 3 months, 6months, a year ... 2 years??
This will assist me with my dilemma ... to build, or not to build?

Cheers
David
Larrikin is offline Find More Posts by Larrikin
Old Jul 31, 2013, 05:40 AM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2012
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrikin View Post
For some time now I've been keen on a vario for my scale sailplanes.
I've been using Spektrum for some time but I had never seen an indication of a vario telemetry module from Spektrum.

Resigning myself to the idea of building my own (I cant justify $400-$500 on something with whistles and bells when all I want is the beeps ), I ordered all the parts to build one of THESE.

Almost all of the parts have arrived now, and then my son says from behind the laptop, "Hey dad, ... have you seen THIS???"

Hmmmm ... struth!!! ... what do I do now??? Do I build the DIY vario or do I wait until the Spektrum one is released?

My question to the forum is, is there any idea of a release date for the Spektrum VARIO module?

It doesn't have to be exact. 3 months, 6months, a year ... 2 years??
This will assist me with my dilemma ... to build, or not to build?

Cheers
David
David, I'm on the same boat waiting for the official release of Spektrum vario for months now. The thing is that Spektrum won't confirm nor deny when or if the vario will ever be released. It can happen today, next month or never.
I'm also building my own vario following the instructions on the same thread that you indicated. If you already bought all the parts like I did, I'd suggest you just go for it, but keep in mind that it is a DIY project and no one guarantees the vario won't cause interferences with your RX, so make sure you put it far away from all other electronics in your plane.
We may carry on this discussion on the other thread.
czorzella is online now Find More Posts by czorzella