Old Dec 26, 2011, 08:07 AM
If it Flies I Want It!!!! ...
Perth W.A
Joined Jun 2006
139 Posts
Discussion
OSD Doesn't see the the Aux 1 and 2 Inputs

Hi All , How are you ?

I have 6 perfectly running complete Eagle Tree Pro OSD setups running in my aircraft , I just got another unit from a friend who doens't have a use for it .. However it has given me a strange problem I can not work out...

When the OSD powers up on the openeing screen you get the error msg no menu inputs detected , ( or what ever is actually says .. sorry im at work atm ... ) I know this is in relation to the Aux 1 and 2 inputs ..

I have replaced the leads from the RX to the OSD with still no joy... Its worth noting that i am getting aileron and Elevator Control so the Receiver is working...

The OSD and video all comes up fine and all working .. However i can not provoke the Menu ... Also the GPS isn't powering up . no flashing lights or anything... Hmm ... its a V3 Elogger and a V3 GPS ...

can anyone advise of any possible known problems about this ... As i mentioned I have many other units working perfectly... This is the First unit ive come accros that is giving me this issue...

Aircraft is a Funjet with a V3 Alt and Airspeed Sensor , Guardian and Elogger and OSD pro , V3 GPS .. Running on a 3cell 2200mah battery . using the Orange FAST Receiver from Hobbyking ( use these in the other FPV aircraft with no problems...

Failing that , Bill if i was to box it up and send it to you , could you provide a quote to repair??

Many Thanks

Michael
citation560v is offline Find More Posts by citation560v
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2012, 01:49 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear about the issue with 1/7th of your fleet! If convenient, could you save away the configuration file for one of your working systems, connect the new OSD to that system (leaving all other components the same), and then load the saved config to the new OSD? If you still have sisues with aux1/aux2, we'll know it's an issue with the new OSD.

If the new OSD works in that setup, then can you try it with the V3 eLogger and GPS and see if things work?

Regarding the V3 GPS not powering up, note that it does not have an LED, IIRC.
billpa is online now Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 11, 2012, 08:44 PM
Perth W.A
Joined Jun 2006
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear about the issue with 1/7th of your fleet! If convenient, could you save away the configuration file for one of your working systems, connect the new OSD to that system (leaving all other components the same), and then load the saved config to the new OSD? If you still have sisues with aux1/aux2, we'll know it's an issue with the new OSD.

If the new OSD works in that setup, then can you try it with the V3 eLogger and GPS and see if things work?

Regarding the V3 GPS not powering up, note that it does not have an LED, IIRC.
Hi Bill , my Sincerest appologies for such a delayed reply . I have been away for work ...

When i get home I will Do that Straight Away and Advise

If I find a fault with the OSD , I have just gotten a friend Mark into FPV and recommend only your system . I belive h made a support ticket with you for a Gaurdian that isn't working . He is going to ship it to you , Can I please also include my OSD in that shipment for you to have a look at and Advise ??

Looking forward to your reply .

Michael

P.S I now have 8 Fully Functional Eagle Tree FPV Systems up and Running When i can ill be hopefully getting this one we are dealing with up and running and then i have plans for the 10th .. Many thanks for your amazing work ..
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
Hi Michael, sorry for delay. Great to hear about the fleet! Yes, don't hesitate to include the OSD with the Guardian if it's not too late to do that (and if we don't resolve it otherwise).
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 16, 2012, 04:05 PM
Perth W.A
Joined Jun 2006
139 Posts
Hi Bill , Many thanks for your reply and please dont stress about the reply time .

I have opened a support ticket #799012 and the unit was shipped with my friends faulty gaurdian.

Many thanks again for your excellent customer support and service . We have quite the little FPV groupd in perth now and its still growing and everyone is following my reccommendations for the Eagletree System . There are now 7 FPV pilots in our group with a total of 17 planes with Complete Eagletree systems onboard

Loving your work and your products . I look forward to building the next FPV aircraft whatever it may be ..

Brgds
Michael

P.S Bill im not sure if it has allready been asked/discussed about etc on the forum , but do you have any intention on having the option to display a live constant trip meter as such . ? So you can see how far the aircraft has flown over its entire flight , not just the max distance to home reached?? Just a thought as its a great little feature to have .
Last edited by citation560v; Feb 16, 2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Adding the P.S
Old Feb 16, 2012, 04:39 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by citation560v View Post

P.S Bill im not sure if it has allready been asked/discussed about etc on the forum , but do you have any intention on having the option to display a live constant trip meter as such . ? So you can see how far the aircraft has flown over its entire flight , not just the max distance to home reached?? Just a thought as its a great little feature to have .
If you want to take the time you can easily edit an FDR file to a CSV file and add a column to calculate the distance traveled. To change the FDR to a CSV just change every space to a comma and save it as CSV. Open the new file as a spreadsheet and add a column that's a running total of the GPSDist column. When loaded as a spreadsheet there is even a column heading row.

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:51 PM
Perth W.A
Joined Jun 2006
139 Posts
Floater73 , Many thanks for your experience and inputs I shall try that It would be nice though to have it on the OSD while flying if thats possible ... I liked your comment on the other thread "It's easy for us to ask for the moon. We don't have to do the work." So true ...
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:54 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
Michael, thanks for the kind words! We have added a text display parameter the will show cumulative distance, that will be available on the OSD Pro display (but not in the PC software as it stands now). The plan is to get the firmware written soon to enable this option. Will that meet your needs?
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 21, 2012, 06:40 PM
Perth W.A
Joined Jun 2006
139 Posts
Bill that would be perfect!!! and exactly what we have been looking for .

Many thanks again !

P.S Have you receive the OSD and guardian shipment we sent you ?
Old Apr 07, 2012, 08:56 AM
Perth W.A
Joined Jun 2006
139 Posts
Quote:
Michael, thanks for the kind words! We have added a text display parameter the will show cumulative distance, that will be available on the OSD Pro display (but not in the PC software as it stands now). The plan is to get the firmware written soon to enable this option. Will that meet your needs?
Hi Bill , Many thanks again for incorperating the trip meter. Can you advise have you allready incorperated it into a software update im still running 10.08 i havn't seen a more recent update.

Best Regards

Michael
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
citation, we still have not gotten the support for this added to the OSD firmware. I apologize for this.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:48 PM
Perth W.A
Joined Jun 2006
139 Posts
Quote:
citation, we still have not gotten the support for this added to the OSD firmware. I apologize for this.
Hi Bill , Please , no appologies required . I know you must be busy . Anyhow its not a neccesity is just a nice thing to have Im sure when you find time it will be incorperated

I trust your well and look forward to your reply.

Brgds

Michael

P.S My fleet grew ... I now have 8 Fully functional Eagle tree System FPV Aircraft flying.. I love it!!! .. Thanks again!