HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 11, 2014, 04:28 PM
Registered User
Sky_Dancer's Avatar
Eatonton Ga. United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,534 Posts
And just like that, I changed my mind!

I now actually have the KST servos on the way..... Right after I ordered the Align 430M's I realized the freaking replacemnt gear sets for them were 15.00!! That's a little more than half what the servo cost! The gear sets for the KST are six bucks. So even though I couldn't get everything I needed from the dealer who had the KST, I cancelled the order with the Align servos and went with the KST's I got DS215MG's by the way..... hope I did the right thing!
Thanks again guys,
Michael
Sky_Dancer is online now Find More Posts by Sky_Dancer
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2014, 02:56 AM
Registered User
Atomic Skull's Avatar
Joined Dec 2011
2,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamdavey View Post
You have max rate and something called agility plus the pots.

Unless there is some way to get at the PID values in each axis I am not interested - been there done that took my losses and moved on.
Agility is how fast it accelerates to maximum roll rate, there's also a "Stop" parameter which does the opposite (changes how fast it decelerates from a roll) and collective pitch to elevator compensation (used to tune out pitch up/down during hard collective due to the rotor wash acting on the tail). The Robird is good if you want something that "just works" and don't want to mess around with a lot of values. I wouldn't say that it sucks for sport and scale flying though it's actually pretty good for that.

It also has an internal governor with collective and cyclic pre-compensation and vibration logging which the ZYX lacks.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2014, 07:55 AM
Registered User
pinguin's Avatar
Joined May 2009
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjk View Post
you mean the Fubar FBL System? Do you have a link to the clone? thanks
Just follow this thread. A lot of information in there.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1889962
pinguin is offline Find More Posts by pinguin
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:20 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, West Orange
Joined Aug 2007
791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguin View Post
Sometime back, I answer some one problem who has a wobble heli. I also experience that. I manage to lower the gain until 20, but the heli feel so loose.
I'd check the attachment of the unit to the frame.
nybbler is offline Find More Posts by nybbler
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2014, 02:21 AM
Registered User
pinguin's Avatar
Joined May 2009
310 Posts
Last weekend I change the tape to 3M gel (I use this on most of my gyro/FBL with no problem) from stock foam tape. But nothing change on the behavior. When it lift off (with gain between 20-30), it shake for a few seconds and stop. I can fly this think. Increasing the TH curve, work for a while. I would say that this shake is not always there. For instance, when I lower the gain, the shake gone, but after a few batteries, it come back again. So its more like random.
I will change with another foam tape, the thin 3M 4011, grey.
pinguin is offline Find More Posts by pinguin
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2014, 05:32 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Signal Hill
Joined Aug 2009
788 Posts
edited

sold
wc_wickedclown is offline Find More Posts by wc_wickedclown
Last edited by wc_wickedclown; Apr 17, 2014 at 04:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2014, 02:15 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2014
234 Posts
Anyone have the pin # for the zyx24 bluetooth module?

I've tried 0000, 1234, and 5782 on two different android phone, and my win7 pc.

mattjk is online now Find More Posts by mattjk
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2014, 07:00 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Signal Hill
Joined Aug 2009
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjk View Post
Anyone have the pin # for the zyx24 bluetooth module?

I've tried 0000, 1234, and 5782 on two different android phone, and my win7 pc.


my friend had this issue he used different phone
wc_wickedclown is offline Find More Posts by wc_wickedclown
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2014, 03:20 PM
Registered User
Sky_Dancer's Avatar
Eatonton Ga. United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc_wickedclown View Post
anyone interested in a zyx-s2 ? works great like new mounted only

i had 3 and i just got a robird g13 to demo today

and yes im loving the zyx and the zyx-s2 which i still own and have installed on two of my 8 choppers
I might be....sending a pm.
Sky_Dancer is online now Find More Posts by Sky_Dancer
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2014, 09:12 PM
Registered User
Steve Joblin's Avatar
Blue Bell, PA USA
Joined Sep 2008
906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguin View Post
Last weekend I change the tape to 3M gel (I use this on most of my gyro/FBL with no problem) from stock foam tape. But nothing change on the behavior. When it lift off (with gain between 20-30), it shake for a few seconds and stop. I can fly this think. Increasing the TH curve, work for a while. I would say that this shake is not always there. For instance, when I lower the gain, the shake gone, but after a few batteries, it come back again. So its more like random.
I will change with another foam tape, the thin 3M 4011, grey.
Do you think your headspeed is too low?
Steve Joblin is offline Find More Posts by Steve Joblin
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:14 AM
Registered User
CatBird's Avatar
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Oct 2007
291 Posts
My first attempts with the ZYX-S on my older Trex 250 SE were unsuccessful. The last ended in a RX brownout while hovering a few feet off the ground and uncontrolled impact. Fortunately the grass was wet and it only resulted in a bent main shaft.

I replaced that, but I've now realized that I can replicate the brownout condition by rowing the sticks while it's sitting on the bench. The ESC gets warm so it's clearly pulling more amps than the BEC is happy with. It's the Align RCE-BL15X that still comes on 250 Pro DFCs, for example.

Is there any chance I'm doing something wrong in my setup? I've double-checked everything to make sure there is no swash or tail binding, and I resized some of my ball links to make them all smooth. I even set the servos to all analog in the setup just to see if that would send fewer adjustments and tone down the current draw. Or is a 2A/3A burst BEC just not enough?

Thanks.
CatBird is offline Find More Posts by CatBird
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:50 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBird View Post
My first attempts with the ZYX-S on my older Trex 250 SE were unsuccessful. The last ended in a RX brownout while hovering a few feet off the ground and uncontrolled impact. Fortunately the grass was wet and it only resulted in a bent main shaft.

I replaced that, but I've now realized that I can replicate the brownout condition by rowing the sticks while it's sitting on the bench. The ESC gets warm so it's clearly pulling more amps than the BEC is happy with. It's the Align RCE-BL15X that still comes on 250 Pro DFCs, for example.

Is there any chance I'm doing something wrong in my setup? I've double-checked everything to make sure there is no swash or tail binding, and I resized some of my ball links to make them all smooth. I even set the servos to all analog in the setup just to see if that would send fewer adjustments and tone down the current draw. Or is a 2A/3A burst BEC just not enough?

Thanks.
I believe Align have now put a new esc in that kit with an upgraded bec, the new bec is tested with their servos and is ok for that set up, I think the heatshrink has now changed from yellow to blue, to indicate the higher bec rating. the new bec is rated at 3amp cont, with 5amp burst.
Busher is offline Find More Posts by Busher
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New ALZRC 3GYS Flybarless System beenflying Mini Helis 644 Dec 07, 2012 04:44 AM
Found Tarot 450 or like, long flybarless feather shafts TubeBarHeli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jul 25, 2011 01:13 PM
For Sale New Align 3G Flybarless System V2.1 ptt81 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jun 06, 2011 04:55 PM
For Sale New 2 cell esc &motor FBL 4g6 spektromized DSM2 spektrum Sat URondo Flybarless system blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 May 31, 2011 06:09 PM
Discussion Tarot Flybarless avengedkevinfold Electric Heli Talk 1 May 04, 2011 04:46 AM