HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
6,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk0077 View Post
Very true, but it may end up that Bob in fact has a decent setup.

Seems to run well enough in a Reverb anyway, might give some of the tried and tested X-plane setups a run for the money..
They do seem like good motors, some people have done some impressive things with them. I certainly dont think they will be replacing the high end motor manufacturers though

Anyway... The X-plane is basically an Avionik D05/6 pylon racer, with extended fuselage moments for a reason : To be an F5D sized model that can take F5B style geared hotliner power systems.

All the mad thrust motors seem to have 4mm shafts so arent easy to bolt gearboxes too.
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
6,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
Was flicking through some old 'tube videos I bookmarked.
This one sure is worth mentioning. Where are you, Don?
http://youtu.be/oXW3m4qDrcM
Badass flying, cool perspectibe, terrible editing
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Today, 04:42 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
You are taking this far to personally BouncingBob, in no way have I made it a personal attack against you. I was simply saying that you have selected some parts to build an Xplane that are subpar. Many would even consider your setup to be dangerous.

I have absolutely no problem with you or anyone else criticising anything I do, Its how myself (and others learn) and how we end up with better flying, safer, setups. Half of what I know is from doing dumb shizzle and then being pointed in the right direction!

X-plane deserves good gear, or your wasting the airframe.
After years of trying the less costly stuff .......... you realize that you have spent more cabbage than if you purchased the high quality stuff in the first place.

Maybe someone somewhere has had great success with HK15322's .......... but there are too many dudes from my old LHS that tried them and ended up purchasing a new plane and all new gear due to no response from a 15322 in the air, then the ensueing crash ........... even though a ground test was good

Wisdom; its what you get when you didnt use it in the first place, so long as you are willing to see reality.
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Today, 07:45 AM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
You are taking this far to personally BouncingBob, in no way have I made it a personal attack against you. I was simply saying that you have selected some parts to build an Xplane that are subpar. Many would even consider your setup to be dangerous.

To be more specific -

-Those HK 90/100 escs are heaps that pop when you look at them funny. They also are no good at high electrical rpm. Been there tried that.

- HK 15322's do not belong in an X plane. Its a very fast airframe capable of killing someone if it gets out of control, and there are lots of opportunities to achieve this, why add another? If theres anywhere to skimp, its not on servos.

- Orange Rx Clone receiver....

I have absolutely no problem with you or anyone else criticising anything I do, Its how myself (and others learn) and how we end up with better flying, safer, setups. Half of what I know is from doing dumb shizzle and then being pointed in the right direction!

X-plane deserves good gear, or your wasting the airframe.
I agree 100% about the safety/dangerous or killing someone aspect. This is not a park flyer foamie. If it were ....skimping on the gear with hobbyking crap and orange clones is ok. If you lose control 9 times outta 10 your not 500feet or more and racing around 170mph like a composite ship so that's ok in my book.

Now with high performance, one servo goes wrong, and there's 5 servos on board ....you could have a nightmare on your hands in a heartbeat. Not something I want to skimp out on servos. If that x-plane comes servo loose and a servo horn fails and people are around, you might hit someone or blast through a house and kill someone. Now your sued for life. Safety is what it's all about using top notch gear.

Just saying. You could hit yourself as well!

I don't even skimp on my funjet ultra. I might not buy mega or NEU but I'll use my medusa or HET.
Servos I don't use cheap either, and basically the motor will never make you crash , it's really servos.

I gotta bring up another thing that's eating my brain, my god son!! A orange clone!! The genuine spektrum long range rx's have a tough time getting through carbon fiber. I would absolutely never cheap out on a receiver when it comes to a spread toe carbon ship. Carbon fiber does NOT agree with 2.4ghz!!!
Using a not so long range cheezy orange reciever ....I mean you might as well turn your radio off as it leaves your hands. Now that's dangerous!! Better buy a carbon receiver with the whiskers.
That's worse than cheap servos. Asking for a blackout/brownout for sure.
Casey
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
Last edited by XtremeWingRC; Today at 07:52 AM.
Old Today, 09:35 AM
Joined Jan 2006
2,308 Posts
Can I jump on the bandwagon? .. oops, wrong bus!

I like the HK15322s! Have been replacing my D60s with them. So far have them in a Plasma II, Jolt, and Sunracer and they are performing wonderfully. I may not have the skills and fine dexterity of other flyers but I been doing this since the 60's and have many thousands of hours in fighters (the avatar is me flying) in my other career and ... for me they work.
stanordave is online now Find More Posts by stanordave
Old Today, 10:58 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,557 Posts
I agree= safety NR1, BUT I can not agree to: More expensive=safer.... sorry.. , It should be that more expensive will last longer and be safer but sometimes the cheaper servos/esc last longer then the 2-3 times more expensive brand..

Servos for me who have been best is Hitec by far...
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe
Last edited by sebbe; Today at 11:26 AM.