HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:39 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
1,916 Posts
Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic3 View Post
Hey guys I have 2 of these and both have broken servos.

I am thinking of buying these servos:
http://www.hobbypartz.com/9gexidimeges.html

What kind of mods am I looking to make to get them to work. I've also never installed a servo, is there a video on how to install them?

Also I purchased a quadcopter F450 clone from china and I was wondering if I can use the Receiver and Transmitter from the Walkera V400D02 on the quad?

Thank you, I'm a newbie in rc but I am eager to learn.
No, you cannot use the v400d02 rx for a quad. I am using the 2801 pro rx and the Walkera RX-2608 on all 6 of my multi-rotors with the 2801 pro tx.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:54 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,458 Posts
Coco,
long time no see. I was just thinking about you. I'm getting ready to build another 500 project and will need another extended battery tray. ( a little longer, like the one you made for your 500. I think it was 6 inches). If your still fabricating parts???

Anyway, i started a new thread where you can share you other projects stories. Its the Walk-era and Beyond thread. Its for guys using a walkera tx/rx in any type of project.

Good to see you around my friend...
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:15 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,914 Posts
Hi guys, I just finished transfering all of the electronics from my fully brushless V400D02 to a 'Hybrid 450 Pro.' I want to share this with you all, and so I have put all the details in navigator2011's blog.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:54 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Anybody that has the devo 7 that comes across this thread and isn't quite sure how to work the transmitter, i went ahead and made a video on how to use it. I noticed there are some vids already on youtube, but none that really describe the settings for somebody just getting into this hobby (which is probably most of the people who end up with this tx) so i went ahead and made a vid myself. I hope this can help at least one or two people, then it was worth the effort it took to make it

It's a 2 part vid and rather long, but if you go on to youtube to view it, I posted the time in the video that i went through each setting, so you can skip to the part that you want to learn about. I used my minicp settings, but they should be similar to the v400 and other helis.

Let me know if you have any questions, i tried to go quick cause there is a lot of info, but i also wanted to cover everything i could in order to make this an all-inclusive video.

Walkera Devo7 walkthrough part 1.mp4 (14 min 44 sec)

Walkera Devo7 walkthrough part 2.mp4 (24 min 39 sec)
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:06 PM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Leuven
Joined Aug 2011
102 Posts
Hi guy's!

Long time since I was here to read up...

Our 2nd child is born last last month and he was heaving a bit of problems so he had to stay in the hospital a few weeks but now all is under control and we're finally living as a complete family at home. Not nice to go to the hospital 2 times a day and having another 2,5 year old that needs attention. But finally we can make a joke or 2 now!

Here in Belgium winter is coming so no more flying in the next few months. In fact I picked up a Traxxas eRevo a few days ago that I could abuse a few steps from our door. Nothing like flying the V400 but also pretty funny and a lot less stress and fixing.

I will keep up reading and to all of you who have the weather advantage... Happy flying!

Greetz!
Bart
Bart Bever is offline Find More Posts by Bart Bever
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:17 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,458 Posts
Im glad that your family is ok, and getting bigger.

I moved from toronto canada because i could not take the long winters.

My superV has been down for about a month now, and i miss it. I dont know if i could just not be able to fly it for more than two months. Yeah, my bigger helis keep me busy, but there is something about my superV that makes flying a little more enjoyable. I think it because its so reliable, and does not have as many in flight failures as my rex's do.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:08 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Im glad that your family is ok, and getting bigger.

I moved from toronto canada because i could not take the long winters.

My superV has been down for about a month now, and i miss it. I dont know if i could just not be able to fly it for more than two months. Yeah, my bigger helis keep me busy, but there is something about my superV that makes flying a little more enjoyable. I think it because its so reliable, and does not have as many in flight failures as my rex's do.
We should all move out of Canada in the winter. It's cold in Alberta.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:05 AM
Joined Jan 2012
437 Posts
Heh Heh Bthirst come to Minnesota and enjoy our winters.
Just as cold as yours. Except for last winter, that was one for the books,
none of us could believe it.
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:06 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezywilly View Post
Heh Heh Bthirst come to Minnesota and enjoy our winters.
Just as cold as yours. Except for last winter, that was one for the books,
none of us could believe it.
No thanks. If I can sell my endevers, I plan to spend 6 months in Australia or New Zeland and 6 months in Canada, summers only all year around.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:02 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
No thanks. If I can sell my endevers, I plan to spend 6 months in Australia or New Zeland and 6 months in Canada, summers only all year around.
I had a stem cell transplant at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN December 2005. It was a mild winter with maybe a couple feet of snow and -8 F the lowest temp. I got back home in January. I didn't feel warm until May - LOL!
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:46 PM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Have my setting back for 3d and getting down with the heli the last couple of weeks! Getting lower with my flips and rolls to!

V400d02 Loops flips rolls inverted (6 min 54 sec)
rangerxp28 is offline Find More Posts by rangerxp28
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:56 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
I'm also not a big fan of the cold.... Or the long nights that keep me from flying. I think the birds do it right with the whole migrating thing

Btw, ranger, nice flying there!
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:45 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Anybody that has the devo 7 that comes across this thread and isn't quite sure how to work the transmitter, i went ahead and made a video on how to use it. I noticed there are some vids already on youtube, but none that really describe the settings for somebody just getting into this hobby (which is probably most of the people who end up with this tx) so i went ahead and made a vid myself. I hope this can help at least one or two people, then it was worth the effort it took to make it

It's a 2 part vid and rather long, but if you go on to youtube to view it, I posted the time in the video that i went through each setting, so you can skip to the part that you want to learn about. I used my minicp settings, but they should be similar to the v400 and other helis.

Let me know if you have any questions, i tried to go quick cause there is a lot of info, but i also wanted to cover everything i could in order to make this an all-inclusive video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZGtYiNIa9A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXCuPGbYYhk
Sweet ! wish this would have been around like 6 months ago lol
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:23 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
Sweet ! wish this would have been around like 6 months ago lol
Lol, i had intended to make this about 6 months ago, but with moving and everything i got sidetracked

Hopefully it'll at least help out some new people just getting their devo 7...
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:11 AM
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined Jul 2012
70 Posts
Just replaced a servo (aileron) and tail motor due to a crash and bad motor. Was going to make some gyro gain adjustments after hovering and noticed some tail wag. When i looked at the gyro it was set on ADJ instead of WK. So i switched it to WK and then my Pitch and Aileron servos move up/down in sync with all right stick movements. In ADJ they move normal. What is happening? By the way this is a DeVO 7 setup.
weav01 is offline Find More Posts by weav01