HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2014, 06:19 PM
EDF Addicted
Ocala,Florida
Joined Sep 2005
5,274 Posts
I may have found a paved area in Gainesville area to fly my Elyte , going to add the pylons to the wing and give it a shot soon!.
MustangAce17 is offline Find More Posts by MustangAce17
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2014, 03:12 AM
United Kingdom, Birmingham
Joined Jan 2013
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
I'm going to guess it was 121MPH (as per the title of the thread)

- Birger
LOL... I ment since the post was started.
meerkat13 is online now Find More Posts by meerkat13
Old Mar 27, 2014, 07:57 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat13 View Post
LOL... I ment since the post was started.
Well, that post is from Jan 26 2014 so it's not that old.

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 27, 2014, 01:07 PM
Current project: Electrolyte
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Apr 2004
5,365 Posts
Hi Steve,

I am enjoying your trail blazing Hunter project! To make a long story short the current speed record for the Electrolyte is 121 mph based on an average of 2 opposed passes during the same flight. As Birger accurately pointed out its a recent record and the initial post was updated to reflect the current top speed. Keep up the great work!
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:51 PM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
2,887 Posts
Well, Since i'm pretty sure I've got the Last Electrolyte kit to be made, I started on project Fin-E-lyte

I think I have been pestering Bret for one of these things since he first started the project nearly Four years ago, so i've been on the fence about how to do it justice and different than everyone else.

At first I had intentions of doing a paint mylar and bagged wing/tail, but the surfaces are just so thin that I don't think It would be possible to bag these things without warping them. So I then decided to just do monokote surfaces..

And then the sanding dust started flying. Needless to say, the surfaces are all completely airfoiled and double tapered. The trailing edges are really thin as well.

So, I have decided to glass and paint all the surfaces. I'm pretty sure I can offset the weight of Paint by converting to a single aileron servo instead of two and by using a very light painting technique. I"m also going to work on getting all of the control surface linkages concealed.

Anyways, i'll post progress as things progress. I need to make a trip to the LHS next week to pickup some stuff as I have a really nifty Idea about how to hinge the ailerons and keep them from warping as well. I just need to get some carbon tubes and rods to make it work.

Here's the E-lyte with its big brother, after about 1 1/2 hours of work getting all the surfaces sanded, stabilator tubes cut and the inlet ducts fit. The paint schemes will probably be Very similar in the end.

invertmast is online now Find More Posts by invertmast
Old Mar 28, 2014, 01:56 AM
Current project: Electrolyte
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Apr 2004
5,365 Posts
Invertmast,
Can't wait too see your touch of uniqueness applied to an Electrolyte. As expected, your build so looks nice and clean!
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Mar 28, 2014, 02:50 PM
United Kingdom, Birmingham
Joined Jan 2013
179 Posts
What a great way to round up your Electrolyte project Brett - have you got any new projects in the pipeline ?

Invertmast - have you maiden the Bandit yet?
meerkat13 is online now Find More Posts by meerkat13
Old Mar 28, 2014, 04:42 PM
Joined Mar 2004
2,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat13 View Post
What a great way to round up your Electrolyte project Brett - have you got any new projects in the pipeline ?

Invertmast - have you maiden the Bandit yet?
No i am having turbine install problems at the moment. Everytime i fire it up the heatshield in the turbine bypass bubbles up and peels away from the bypass. Im thinking my tailpipe is to small for the turbine.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 05:27 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,013 Posts
Wheres the pics?
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Mar 28, 2014, 08:42 PM
Joined Mar 2004
2,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
Wheres the pics?
Im still day dreaming about how i am going to do things, plus the bandit has me side tracked as well. Good news is, the bandit problems are resolved... I have to order a new pipe.
So after grocery shopping and picking up a board for wing rib jigs for the V173 project, ill get back to the slow progress in the E-lyte.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:43 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,013 Posts
Ok I see the pics now.not only is it cool for Bret to see his design enjoyed by others, it is also cool for me to see the fuses and I duct I laid up get built and flown.these were not easy layups and I was really focused on the weight.so I learn a lot.there was some time off from them then this last one....funny but I had to relearn the process, so this last one was a gram or two more than the lightest one of the bunch.hope you enjoy it.I like the paint scheme you have chosen.
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY