This thread is privately moderated by pritam_ashutos, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 08, 2010, 01:26 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

NAYAN-A 15kg UAV DEVLOPMENT FOR SURVILLANCE SEARCH AND RESCUE

project nayan - eye for india

Hi every one .i need help from all the members of this forum to complete the project nayan........

In advance

thanks for helping......
Last edited by pritam_ashutos; Oct 08, 2010 at 09:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2010, 01:51 AM
Thread OP
Confugration

shape: Shadow uav type(not v type tail)
wing span: 3m
length: 2.5 m
maximum weight:15-16 kg
aerofoil:be12305b
l/d:30

motor: Kontronik tango 45-13
esc:jazz 55 a
reduction gear: Mega 4:1
propeller:apc 20*13 pusher
power system: Lg li-ion(6s 8 pack 21.6v)

autopilotaparazzi twog
gps:ublox
modem:2.4 gz

construction:composite and alluminum mix

mission:
Slow flying for survillance and monitoring
normal ground take of and noraml landing
Oct 08, 2010, 02:30 AM
Thread OP

NAYAN UAV images

These are some images of the uav called NAYAN.........
Last edited by pritam_ashutos; Oct 08, 2010 at 09:35 AM.
Oct 08, 2010, 06:10 AM
Thread OP
now i am facing some problem in battery pack..........

when i am running the motor for static thrust experiment.......the thrust is slowly reducing and my battery voltage drops from 22v to 20 v..........and the motor is getting off...........

any suggestion from any body........
Oct 08, 2010, 10:53 PM
Edge of the World
This might help a bit. When the throttle is opened, the motor draws current as a function of the supplied voltage divided by the apparent ohmic load value. I note that it's apparent because the load is actually reactive as well as resistive over different stages of a full 360 degree cycle. The motor puts a load on the battery and the voltage will drop, that is normal but if it drops too much then the batteries are too small for the power system. I did notice that Li-Ion packs are in use. Lithium Ion has a lower discharge rate, and the voltage drops more than other cell types. On the bright side of things, when the plane is in flight and increases in airspeed approaching that of the prop's nominal efflux value, the load on the motor and battery will decrease significantly and there will be less voltage drop and less current used for the same throttle setting. Over time in flight, the voltage again will begin to drop as the packs capacity is slowly depleted. If it's important that a steady supply voltage be maintained longer, more parallel packs will increase the collective net supply current with less voltage fluctuation under heavy loads.

When you say the motor is getting off, do you mean it is pulsing or turning off after full throttle is applied? That sounds like either the speed controller is being overloaded, the speed controllers cutoff voltage is too high for the cell type or the batteries' voltage is dropping a lot.

Quick Reply