HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2014, 06:39 PM
small electrics r BIG FUN
Iowa
Joined Aug 2000
4,344 Posts
Discussion
Need replacement for Phantom 2 Vision w/gimbal: Vision + or Inspire ?

Well I just crashed my Phantom 2 Vision and Drone Expert gimbal into the barn at full speed. The gimbal is smashed to bits, camera and copter in unknown condition but look damaged.

I liked the Drone Expert gimbal for the stock camera, but it takes weeks to get here from the Netherlands and I'll be visiting California before then. So I'm considering replacing the copter/gimbal/camera/transmitter with either the Vision 2+ or the Inspire. Time is a concern so I need something RTF and work without problems.

So I'd like to hear opinions from Vision 2+ owners on which way to go. My concern is : Does the Vision 2+ produce comparable or better photos and video to my Vision 2 ?

My first thoughts are that I have two chargers and four batteries for the Vision 2 @ 92% life. However, If I'm gonna spend ~$1,000 for another Vision is that money better spent on the Inspire ?
Al P is offline Find More Posts by Al P
Last edited by Al P; Dec 06, 2014 at 06:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2014, 08:01 PM
DWA
John 3:16
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
10,567 Posts
Yes it (V2+) does produce comparable or better pictures than your V2. I would say much better for sure! I have both the V2 and the V2+.

If I were you I would get the V2+. especially if you need it soon, The Inspire1 is not shipping on time and I don't think anyone is 100% sure when it will ship. They might give you a date but that date might get pushed back again like it already has.

If you can wait and price is not that big of a concern then i would say get the Inspire1. It is a much better system from what I have seen researching it on the net.
DWA is offline Find More Posts by DWA
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2014, 08:09 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,701 Posts
Inspire 1, or build a f450 with zenmuse h3-3d and a gopro, vision+ is a cra-p
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Dec 07, 2014, 10:34 AM
small electrics r BIG FUN
Iowa
Joined Aug 2000
4,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA View Post
Yes it (V2+) does produce comparable or better pictures than your V2. I would say much better for sure! I have both the V2 and the V2+.

If I were you I would get the V2+. especially if you need it soon, The Inspire1 is not shipping on time and I don't think anyone is 100% sure when it will ship. They might give you a date but that date might get pushed back again like it already has.

If you can wait and price is not that big of a concern then i would say get the Inspire1. It is a much better system from what I have seen researching it on the net.
Thank you for the replies. Yes I agree, due to time constraints I should get the V2+. I see there are versions 1,2, and 3 with V3 including the updated Tx with tilt control. So would you recommend getting Version 3 ? Hopefully any bugs have been shaken out, but will I still need to upgrade anything ?
Al P is offline Find More Posts by Al P