SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 03, 2013, 03:44 PM
Another Dumb Canadian
Punisher_67's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
201 Posts
Discussion
Radjet ultra

Well no one has officially started a thread so let me be the first . I fell in love with the jet as soon as i seen it and I just happen to have a 70mm 14 blade edf unit just kicking around .

Problem is that the Radjet will only fit a 64mm edf so I had to come up with a constructive solution to making the 70mm fit . The tool I made was using a 73mm chunk of aluminum tube so heating it up and melting it into the epo did the trick .

I am still a good week from a test flight becouse of our weather here . I am really interested on what other power combo's or speeds fellow pilots get
Punisher_67 is offline Find More Posts by Punisher_67
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2013, 10:46 AM
Computer geek
Joined Jul 2012
35 Posts
Nice trick for expanding the foam in a uniform way there.

I would very mutch appreciate a walkthrough on the inside, placement options, fixed and removable parts after final construction, avalible space inside the canopoy, canopy retention mechanism and reliabilty.

As soon as this arrives in EU warehouse I will get myself one

The powerplant I have at home will be tested in this. I'ts a Turnigy 500heli-class 4400kv motor that goes with a 60A ESC and 3S 2200 40C LiPo.
Fluf77 is offline Find More Posts by Fluf77
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2013, 08:14 PM
Another Dumb Canadian
Punisher_67's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
201 Posts
Here are some interior pictures .

the rear hatch or motor compartment is glued in solid but the kit does come with hatch locks much like the front two hatches for easy removal .
Punisher_67 is offline Find More Posts by Punisher_67
Last edited by Punisher_67; Nov 06, 2013 at 02:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2013, 04:32 PM
Scott
Australia, SA, Two Wells
Joined Feb 2012
216 Posts
What size battery are you using there? Looks like a 4s 3000mah which I was hoping to put in mine!
wigsw001 is offline Find More Posts by wigsw001
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2013, 07:10 PM
Another Dumb Canadian
Punisher_67's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigsw001 View Post
What size battery are you using there? Looks like a 4s 3000mah which I was hoping to put in mine!
That is correct - A 4s - 3000mah pack
Punisher_67 is offline Find More Posts by Punisher_67
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2013, 05:02 AM
Scott
Australia, SA, Two Wells
Joined Feb 2012
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_67 View Post
That is correct - A 4s - 3000mah pack
That's awesome. As I have a few 4s 3000's around plus a 2200 would give little flight time. Hope the cg works out okay.
wigsw001 is offline Find More Posts by wigsw001
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2013, 09:35 AM
Computer geek
Joined Jul 2012
35 Posts
TY for the pictures

Keep us posted with impressions and review of the airframe
Fluf77 is offline Find More Posts by Fluf77
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2013, 07:06 AM
Scott
Australia, SA, Two Wells
Joined Feb 2012
216 Posts
Recieved my radjet ultra today. I'm going to set it up using an NTM 28 36 3000kv motor with a yep 80amp esc and a 4.5x4.5 prop. Should go like a cut snake!
wigsw001 is offline Find More Posts by wigsw001
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2013, 07:22 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
501 Posts
Whoa... when did they come out with an EDF Radjet???

edit:

Just checked HK, that thing comes with a prop? LOL Is it intended for two EDF units as an option? Weird that it clearly has three obvious fan unit housings, but comes as a pusher prop.
AWDstylez is offline Find More Posts by AWDstylez
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2013, 07:41 AM
Scott
Australia, SA, Two Wells
Joined Feb 2012
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDstylez View Post
Whoa... when did they come out with an EDF Radjet???

edit:

Just checked HK, that thing comes with a prop? LOL Is it intended for two EDF units as an option? Weird that it clearly has three obvious fan unit housings, but comes as a pusher prop.
It has three options single 64mm, twin 50mm or pusher prop. Really to get the most speed pusher prop would be the easiest and most efficient way to go. Wouldn't mind seeing a twin prop though on the two outside 50mm housings rather than a single in the middle plus you could set them up to work as a rudder too. Pity it only comes with the motor mount for the single 64 but you could probably make something up to mount on the 50's
wigsw001 is offline Find More Posts by wigsw001
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2013, 07:51 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
501 Posts
That's really cool. I'd assume two 50's would produce more thrust than a single 64mm. I know a pusher prop would be faster, but the novelty of a twin EDF that size is nice. I think I'll be picking up one of these.
AWDstylez is offline Find More Posts by AWDstylez
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2013, 04:11 AM
Scott
Australia, SA, Two Wells
Joined Feb 2012
216 Posts
Yeah you may get slightly more thrust but it would be much less efficient so I reckon the single 64mm would be better.
wigsw001 is offline Find More Posts by wigsw001
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:55 AM
Registered User
ruppwf's Avatar
Germany, NDS, Wolfenbüttel
Joined Dec 2011
184 Posts
see next
ruppwf is offline Find More Posts by ruppwf
Last edited by ruppwf; Nov 21, 2013 at 09:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:08 AM
Registered User
ruppwf's Avatar
Germany, NDS, Wolfenbüttel
Joined Dec 2011
184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigsw001 View Post
It has three options single 64mm, twin 50mm or pusher prop. Really to get the most speed pusher prop would be the easiest and most efficient way to go. Wouldn't mind seeing a twin prop though on the two outside 50mm housings rather than a single in the middle plus you could set them up to work as a rudder too. Pity it only comes with the motor mount for the single 64 but you could probably make something up to mount on the 50's
The outer housings are made for 55 mm edf not for 50 mm edf.
Motor mount is only for the middle housing foreseen.

Best price/performance ratio ist a pusher setup using a Turnigy 2836-2350kv
with 6x4 APC-E and 4S 1800 mAh 35C.
For edf setup I use a 64 mm 10 blade edf with Turnigy 2855-2100 kv and 6S 1600 mAh 30C.
ruppwf is offline Find More Posts by ruppwf
Last edited by ruppwf; Nov 25, 2013 at 06:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:17 AM
Registered User
ruppwf's Avatar
Germany, NDS, Wolfenbüttel
Joined Dec 2011
184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluf77 View Post
Nice trick for expanding the foam in a uniform way there.

I would very mutch appreciate a walkthrough on the inside, placement options, fixed and removable parts after final construction, avalible space inside the canopoy, canopy retention mechanism and reliabilty.

As soon as this arrives in EU warehouse I will get myself one

The powerplant I have at home will be tested in this. I'ts a Turnigy 500heli-class 4400kv motor that goes with a 60A ESC and 3S 2200 40C LiPo.
You can buy the same kit named Ultra-Z Blaze from many European traders.f.e. Zeller-Modellbau for Euro 55,00 or
as ARF pusher version for Euro 75,00.(http://zeller-modellbau.com/ultra-z-...90-mm-epo.html)
ruppwf is offline Find More Posts by ruppwf
Last edited by ruppwf; Nov 17, 2013 at 03:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion HK Radjet 800 problems sp00ky Pusher Prop Jet Models 16 Jul 12, 2014 07:46 AM
Discussion Radjet vs SkyFun Jet. Which one to get to replace my abused radjet. Koo Pusher Prop Jet Models 5 Mar 15, 2013 06:15 AM