HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2013, 12:53 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
825 Posts
Does anyone but HobbyPartz carry the GensAce line?? They're out of stock on all their hard case packs .
imgumby
imgumby is offline Find More Posts by imgumby
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2013, 06:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2013
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby View Post
Does anyone but HobbyPartz carry the GensAce line?? They're out of stock on all their hard case packs .
imgumby
Cant find them anywhere. Im probably going with Turnigy 4s battery to see how it does.
BlueBorderRC is offline Find More Posts by BlueBorderRC
Old Apr 14, 2013, 09:15 PM
Joined Jan 2009
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBorderRC View Post
Cant find them anywhere. Im probably going with Turnigy 4s battery to see how it does.
I've been running a couple of the Turnigy 4s hard case packs in my LST's and found them to be good batteries.
imgumby
Old Apr 15, 2013, 02:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2013
156 Posts
Quote:
I've been running a couple of the Turnigy 4s hard case packs in my LST's and found them to be good batteries.
imgumby
Where's a good place to shop for 4s lipo's? I found some batteries at HobbyKing but they have terrible reviews.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 02:51 PM
United States, KY, Madisonville
Joined Mar 2011
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBorderRC View Post
Where's a good place to shop for 4s lipo's? I found some batteries at HobbyKing but they have terrible reviews.
Some people just don't like them.

I have been running Turnigy's for 3 years with no isseus.

I really like the 40C hardcase.
Bugbitten is offline Find More Posts by Bugbitten
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: launch elevator
Old Apr 15, 2013, 02:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2013
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugbitten View Post
Some people just don't like them.

I have been running Turnigy's for 3 years with no isseus.

I really like the 40C hardcase.
I meant HobbyKing.com has the bad reviews. Im probably going to order from there anyway. Looking for 4s lipo makes me want to run two 2s lipo's in sequence. I didnt know 4s lipo's were so hard to find,,, and so pricey too.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 08:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2013
156 Posts
Is This Deans Soldered Correctly To The 4s Lipo?

The wires are kinda fat on this Turnigy battery. They hang off the side a little bit. Is that OK?
Old Apr 27, 2013, 01:42 AM
Joined Jan 2009
825 Posts
I use 5mm bullet connectors on all my 4 cell stuff just because I didn't like trying to solder that 10 ga wire on a Deans connector pad.
That being said if you have a good joint under that shrink wrap there's really nothing wrong with the wire sticking out like that.
Reviews If you're in the USA try to order your packs from the Hobby King USA warehouse so the wait won't be so long
hope this helps
imgumby
Old Apr 27, 2013, 03:15 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2013
156 Posts
Quote:
I use 5mm bullet connectors on all my 4 cell stuff just because I didn't like trying to solder that 10 ga wire on a Deans connector pad.
That being said if you have a good joint under that shrink wrap there's really nothing wrong with the wire sticking out like that.
Reviews If you're in the USA try to order your packs from the Hobby King USA warehouse so the wait won't be so long
hope this helps
imgumby
Yes thanks, I thought it looked weird but Im going to put a piece of 1/2 inch shrink tube over the bottom of the connector and top of two wires. My Turnigy did come from the Hobby King U.S. warehouse. It was delivered in 4 days, thats pretty good. Im pleased with Hobby King. I will be ordering there again Im sure.