HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2014, 01:40 AM
Joined Jun 2013
612 Posts
Have you guys seen Concorde flat level before?
Concordefan2 is offline Find More Posts by Concordefan2
Last edited by Concordefan2; Dec 07, 2014 at 11:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2014, 08:46 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,307 Posts
Flat Level No . . . . .

. . . .But I've seen it at Sea-Level Lol

But let me "Level" with you Sam. . . . . . she Looks GREAT!
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2014, 08:48 PM
I make stuff
United States, AZ, Marana
Joined Dec 2011
596 Posts

Lol!

Looks great!
cwrr5 is offline Find More Posts by cwrr5
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Citation II
Old Dec 07, 2014, 11:15 PM
Joined Jun 2013
612 Posts
I posted this picture in couple of Concorde groups on FB to see what guys there gotta say including design and maintenance engineers, design engineers said, only time they saw Concorde flat and level was during there manufacturing phases in Filton, UK. Otherwise never and not even during flight as it always flew with slight aoa while cruising straight.....
Old Dec 08, 2014, 12:00 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordefan2 View Post
I posted this picture in couple of Concorde groups on FB to see what guys there gotta say including design and maintenance engineers, design engineers said, only time they saw Concorde flat and level was during there manufacturing phases in Filton, UK. Otherwise never and not even during flight as it always flew with slight aoa while cruising straight.....
Sounds great Sam, God your Corde's Fuse looks Sweet!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2014, 12:06 AM
Joined Jun 2013
612 Posts
Time for more spackling, filling and sanding!. I'm going to apply spackle on the fin core, to make it nice and smooth before it gets balsa leading edge and fiberglass skins on it.
Old Dec 08, 2014, 12:36 AM
Joined Jun 2013
612 Posts
Vertical fin under sparkling treatment
I saved shucks when fin was cut for this and skinning stages. Stuff that I use for filling n sanding...
Old Dec 08, 2014, 06:35 PM
Joined Jun 2013
612 Posts
Right side of the fin is also layered up with spackle.
I'll be making rudder actuator hinge fairings for both sides of the fin tonight. This fin will become plug for the mold.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 04:10 PM
Joined Jun 2013
612 Posts
Progress update:
While we are in between our first official snow storm for the end of 2014, progress on the Concorde's fin is happening in my hanger.

Dorsal fin has started to take it's shape, it was sanded into a fin's contours and some filler has been applied to it to fill imperfections and low spots. Some folks might think, he is still on the same filling and sanding step, well folks, bodywork takes a lot of time and precision work is needed on the models especially if you want a flawless product in the end. There have been numerous rounds of filling and sanding that has been applied on this fin, just to make it perfectly smooth as baby's skin before layup of fibreglass will be done to seal the smoothness. This is the first plug in making for the molding process.

I am consulting my Concorde engineer friends in UK as I make this progress and if they say, something needs to be changed, I do that to make it as best and scale model as possible. Guys this will be far more detailed model then my Connie is. This model will be produced in a small production run.
Last edited by Concordefan2; Dec 11, 2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 08:35 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,307 Posts
Sam your Concorde's tail-Rudder is turning out to be the feather in your Corde-cap Sir! Well-done!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2014, 02:57 AM
Joined Jun 2013
612 Posts
That is very nicely put DD...

Soon as these sessions are done, next will be nose and center fuselage. Nose is going to be a tough one to mold due arc as undercut...
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:50 PM
Joined Jun 2013
612 Posts
This is why I like to dry assemble my models and leave them assembled for days so I could see them from all angles and under all different lighting conditions to bring out errors or imperfections! In this case, you can see how forward fuselage's underside is thicker at the very front of the fuselage then where forward middle section joint is, plus you can see it's nose is thinner then the frontal part of the fuselage under the cockpit section.
Last edited by Concordefan2; Dec 16, 2014 at 12:00 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 06:48 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordefan2 View Post
This is why I like to dry assemble my models and leave them assembled for days so I could see them from all angles and under all different lighting conditions to bring out errors or imperfections! In this case, you can see how forward fuselage's underside is thicker at the very front of the fuselage then where forward middle section joint is, plus you can see it's nose is thinner then the frontal part of the fuselage under the cockpit section.
Imperfections? . . . . . .Good luck try'in to find Any Sam! lol

looking REAL-STUNNING!
RCG Plus Member